• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Did you upgrade to win8.1 or clean win8 then upgrade.

As when I upgraded to 8.1 I had similar probs.

Ended up fresh win8 install and then upgrade to 8.1 b4 updating/installing anything else.

If that makes sense

I did a fresh install on a blank ssd from a win8.1 disc.

The plot thickens btw... I just went to uninstall drivers using catalyst and it says they're not even installed, yet both GPUZ and AB both say 13.11.
I then try to install them again and it either black screens or hard locks the PC when it gets a third to halfway through...

I had no problems with installing/uninstalling drivers before a windows update earlier on today, so perhaps there's something in there that's causing it?

Right.
Uninstalled drivers with driver fusion, put the 7970 back in and reinstalled. Didn't crash, but it said there were errors and pointed me at a log that opened in a browser window. Everything said successful and at the bottom of the page it says 'Errors' with nothing listed there.

Just tried TR bench and the score was in line with comparative clocks on the bench thread.
I go to uninstall drivers via catalyst and this is what's installed according to it.

pmpmSVF.png

Baffled.jpg...

Good work Matt. Was hoping you'd have an idea of what the hell was going on here :D
I do recall that message popping up the first one or two times I've installed these cards, but not seen it since.

I'll give that a go and report back :)

You are AMD's Mr Fixer :D

Good work Matt. Was hoping you'd have an idea of what the hell was going on here :D
I do recall that message popping up the first one or two times I've installed these cards, but not seen it since.

I'll give that a go and report back :)

:D

This issue only occurs when you have more than one AMD GPU in the system. :)

Gah! Cleared out the drivers, deleted the untrusted certificate, rebooted and checked to see it was still gone. Shut it down, bunged in the 7990 and the ******* still blackscreened when installing the drivers...

Gah! Cleared out the drivers, deleted the untrusted certificate, rebooted and checked to see it was still gone. Shut it down, bunged in the 7990 and the ******* still blackscreened when installing the drivers...

Delete the trusted certificate first this time, then delete the untrusted certificate and uninstall the half installed drivers. Then when installing the drivers it will prompt you to select allow AMD driver install. (make sure its ticked to always allow) It should work this time. If not try Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement just before you install the drivers.

It's a bloke thing :D

Anyway, pretty sure I did it right this time and it still flopped on me without even asking about allowing AMD :mad: Neither certificate is in the list.
I'll look at disabling Driver Signature Enforcement now I guess...

Btw, if anyone's wondering what the hell this has to do with BF4 benchmarks etc, well, without proper driver installation, I can't provide you guys with any kind of benchmarks except awful ones :p

It's a bloke thing :D

Anyway, pretty sure I did it right this time and it still flopped on me without even asking about allowing AMD :mad: Neither certificate is in the list.
I'll look at disabling Driver Signature Enforcement now I guess...

Btw, if anyone's wondering what the hell this has to do with BF4 benchmarks etc, well, without proper driver installation, I can't provide you guys with any kind of benchmarks except awful ones :p

That doesn't sound right. It should prompt you with this message. Actually i can't find the message, so let me reinstall drivers and certificates so i can screen cap it. BRB. :D

This is what you should be seeing Pete. If you don't then something has been changed, tweaked or not deleted correctly to stop this from coming up.

LBiDtmF.jpg

I haven't turned off UAC, have you? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Not seeing that, no. I did when I originally installed windows though.
Pretty sure I haven't disabled UAC.

Just tried uninstalling via catalyst followed by fusion and then disconnecting internet and reinstalling, but no joy.
Neither certificate is present.

Really starting to hate win8.

Not seeing that, no. I did when I originally installed windows though.
Pretty sure I haven't disabled UAC.

Just tried uninstalling via catalyst followed by fusion and then disconnecting internet and reinstalling, but no joy.
Neither certificate is present.

Really starting to hate win8.

An example of a UAC prompt.

AzdaFOO.png

Did you install w8/8.1 straight off the bat or are you upgrading from W7? With both certificates deleted you should be getting that prompt i posted previously. If not Windows is going to block it from installing hence the black screen. Have you tweaked any security settings? Maybe try the driver signature enforcement route.

Back
Top Bottom