• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Fortunately, it is actually pretty playable on a single 670 at the same settings (1080p ultra 4xAA) so that will have to do for now.

Average more like 50-60fps rather than 100fps though obviously.

Former DICE Dev telling it like it is...

Outcry over a retweet, response: I support the devs at DICE fully and acknowledge their hard work and efforts. Problem is higher than devs!

Thing is - for consumers, it doesn't matter where the problem lies. But yup, corporate level and dev takes a hit :(

It is getting better, but too much is broken and needs fixing. Not enough time to fix it all :(

Translated. EA want blood for nothing.

“The firm is looking into claims made by EA over the investment potential of Battlefield 4 and whether the company is in breach US federal securities laws. Those who purchased stock between July 24th 2013 and December 4th 2013 then suffered losses have been encouraged to contact the law firm over the issue.”

Frankly it's not hard to believe. EA take some serious heat and for good reason. Even Bioware who came out from it ok, stated that EA's push takes its toll.

Last edited:
Blokes got no real reason to cause an upset. I don't think one department is to blame but I do think that DICE may have felt backed into a corner with the financial backing they've received. Just missing the right person to stand up and say "we're not going to be able to do that." Don't like it, then f off approach lol. I think it's pretty clear that if it was up to DICE the game would have been pushed back. Possibly we'd only just be playing it now in fact.

Blokes got no real reason to cause an upset. I don't think one department is to blame but I do think that DICE may have felt backed into a corner with the financial backing they've received. Just missing the right person to stand up and say "we're not going to be able to do that." Don't like it, then f off approach lol. I think it's pretty clear that if it was up to DICE the game would have been pushed back. Possibly we'd only just be playing it now in fact.

Without doubt. EA wanted to get it out before Ghosts to take some of their sales. Their greed though has hurt the franchise badly and i can only hope that it manages to recover and they can get things back on track. Looks a long way off at the moment though.

Saying that, this is pretty much on the cusp as well. I can't really recall just how many problems BF3 had at launch though, if any. I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as what we're seeing now.

Battlefield 3 Beta - 10 October 2011
Battlefield 3 EU Release - 28 October 2011

Funny thing is with Ghosts as well, even with all the problems BF4 has I've not even been remotely tempted to buy or even try CoD.

Saying that, this is pretty much on the cusp as well. I can't really recall just how many problems BF3 had at launch though, if any. I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as what we're seeing now.

Battlefield 3 Beta - 10 October 2011
Battlefield 3 EU Release - 28 October 2011

BF3 was buggy at the start but it was no where near as bad as this. I think the BF3 Beta was worse but the final game was better, albeit not perfect.

Bf3 did have a few issues, (still has to this day tbh). But it's nothing compared to what weve seen with bf4. Played a round last night on cq247's new bf3 server, few hit reg issues here and there but the game feels so much smoother. Almost to the point that it felt it was running to fast for me. Bf4 just feels sluggish in comparison.

Last edited:
Im still getting some weird cpu spikes when playing. Just today some examples being.

Turning quickly left or right
Other players passing in front of me
Scoping in/out or firing a shot with sniper rifle

All pretty random and never seen the like in bf3.

We need to be patient further still. The game engine, mechanics and even the sound are far better than BF3 and frostbite 2 ever were. (Thats not saying the game experience is better)

I think Dice turn the tech dial right the way up for BF4 using FB3, with the conseqence being that the gaming experience for low and med range performancing systems, the game tends to run like a dog.

This is objectively removing the random crashes which we all experienced which is likely poor coding. (sound loop, transition screen freezes, dead players stuck in revive position, falling throught the map).

I think broken games are an issue endemic in the gaming industry

Rome 2 (SEGA) Terrible Mess on launch and is still rubbish
Ghosts (Activision) Terrible Mess on launch
BF4 (EA) Mess on most systems
Simcity (EA) Total abomination when launched.

Back
Top Bottom