• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Bf3 did have a few issues, (still has to this day tbh). But it's nothing compared to what weve seen with bf4. Played a round last night on cq247's new bf3 server, few hit reg issues here and there but the game feels so much smoother. Almost to the point that it felt it was running to fast for me. Bf4 just feels sluggish in comparison.

Good lad Setter. :D

I only game with headphones, (goldring ns1000's), every game ive played sounds so much better with the dedicated card compared to onboard.

I use the PC363 Senheiser PC Gamer series headset, (They have a built in Decoder for usb2/3) You can select 2,4,5.1,7.1 or just use onboard THX GD65MSI.

Mind Blowing..Everyfoot step, rocket thrust, weapon fire, echoe, wave near shore line is crystal clear.

With sli my k2 cooler blocked the most useful pcie slot for the audio card, (above the top gpu). I could have stuck it in between the cards but the top one ran hot enough already. Now have multiple choices of where to put it.

I'm in a similar boat, Setter.

My Essence wouldn't work with it directly below the bottom card for some reason and since the bottom gpu's backplate gets pretty toasty, I couldn't put it between the cards either.

Now dumping the 2x7970 and chucking a 7990 in just to get the soundcard back. Dual cards look so pimp too... :(

On some boards, mine included. If i had used the very bottom red pcie slot sli wouldnt have worked. Was just a shame that the way the k2 flares out it blocked the top x1 slot. A d14 being slimmer would have left it ok.

Btw, is there much difference between 7990 and dual 7970's? I remember some nv dual cards used 2x lesser cores on one pcb for such solutions. Not sure about amd's though.

Barely anything in it depending on the clockability situation.
I can get that those 7970's up to at least 1250/1700 24/7 with no probs. How the 7990 fares under water, I don't yet know. Shouldn't be a noticeable difference anyway. May even do better...

Goodbye to these
zPhOWZS.jpg

And hello to this
ukJEcW1.jpg

The twins are getting sent to the slave mine. I'll miss you guys *sniff* :(...

I think broken games are an issue endemic in the gaming industry

Rome 2 (SEGA) Terrible Mess on launch and is still rubbish
BF4 (EA) Mess on most systems
Simcity (EA) Total abomination when launched.

Bought all 3 at launch! My gaming choices seem to be getting worse although all 3 are games with the potential of being amazing but for Sim/Rome apart from performance issues both of those did not include features that were promoted on the games release. Surely there must be something illegal about that?

BF4 I don't know, all games have bugs but these aren't 'those' kind of bugs they are massive, game breaking and affect all users in the class (SLI/CF) or a much larger proportion than a bad bug usually would. Am I right in remembering that AMD/DICE demoed BF4 at E3? or TGS? or something? on an 8350 with 2x7970? So DICE didn't even test the patch on their own test machines.

Back
Top Bottom