• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Thx good return post. Thats a strange way for Dice to show parameters. Look at their cpu usage, it reads 97%!!! ours reads lower there may be a fault with the in game monitor.

How do I get the stuff in the top left in your screen shot?

Thx good return post. Thats a strange way for Dice to show parameters. Look at their cpu usage, it reads 97%!!! ours reads lower there may be a fault with the in game monitor.

How do I get the stuff in the top left in your screen shot?

That was from Battlefield 3 on a Nvidia gpu so its a bit outdated now. However they were likely using a SLI setup on a 2500k or something. ;)

Place this file in your BF4 game directory to get the performance overlay and fps monitor preset.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yoo0w8

One i took whilst still running sli.

P3dBDNC.png

Top left info was from msi afterburner osd with the latest beta riva tuner statistic server program installed.

Nice screenshot mate, but tainted by that horrible pink Lol!!

Have you disabled FXAA? I did but i use AMD's version of FXAA (MLAA) to remove those jaggies that MSAA doesn't pick up. I find AMD's version slightly less blurry than BF4's FXAA.

How do you turn it on and off? (Is there a hot key)
You can disable the performance graph in bottom left via the user.cfg file Matt linked. This file should be located in your main bf4 directory. 0 to turn each option off. 1 to turn onThe afterburner stuff you can select not to show it in screenshots

Nice screenshot mate, but tainted by that horrible pink Lol!!

Have you disabled FXAA? I did but i use AMD's version of FXAA (MLAA) to remove those jaggies that MSAA doesn't pick up. I find AMD's version slightly less blurry than BF4's FXAA.
No FXAA as i dont like the blur it can introduce, im moving over to a rather fetching yellow overlay.:D

Ps Matt, what version of ab and RTSS are you using now? My overlay stopped working yesterday.

Aye, x2 msaa in that. x4 hit fps and vram a bit much. No vram probs now but yet to try the 780 at x4 msaa. Oh and thats an old shot, pink is so last season.:D

I am so surprised you found 4xmsaa too much for 670 sli at 1080p. I have been running 4xmsaa since day one on my two 670's and performance has always been amazing.

Yep, the spike in the green line was from a previous screenshot i took but this one came out better so i chose this one.

As for my gpu core temps they're normally matched but i alt tabbed out before i took the screenshots to change the quality in afterburner, hence gpu 1 is a few C hotter than gpu 2 as once you alt tab gpu 2 goes into idle clocks. Regarding the temp i use auto fan so the card remains quiet under load. Temps go to about 80-84c with vsync off. I could run the fan faster to keep temps much lower if i wanted but i don't see the point as 7990's are fine up to 90c. Vrms are usually about 5c lower than core temps.

Regarding what the graph means this picture will explain better than i can. The commands listed don't work in BF4, they've changed but the principle is the same.

ja6S6Cr.jpg.png

gyfUSxM.jpg.png

Think the information in those screenshots is out of date - those lines don't represent 30fps or 60fps frametimes for me. (EDIT: It might be scaled to your monitor refresh rate as the 60fps line on their screen roughly corresponds to 120fps on mine*).

The numbers are the delay between CPU and GPU updates in ms - so a value of 35 would be 35ms spent between an update.

Mine seems to be pretty well match with both CPU and GPU flickering between 8 and 9ms and rendering 100-120fps with the max rarely over 15 and mins around 5. So not seeing any significant bottlenecking hardware wise.

* Judging from how clipped theirs is to the 60fps line I'm guessing they had a 60fps monitor with vsync on.

Last edited:
It might be out of date Rroff, but it was certainly valid for BF3 as its from Johann Anderson presentation at the launch of the game. If you only have one gpu you should normally see your lines on top of each other.

Last edited:
It might be out of date Rroff, but it was certainly valid for BF3 as its from Johann Anderson presentation at the launch of the game. If you only have one gpu you should normally see your lines on top of each other.

I just worked it out actually - I think those lines scale to your monitor refresh rate so what was 60Hz/60fps for them is 120Hz/120fps for me.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried using BF4s built in frame limiter (I assume there is one)? The one in bf3 introduced a bit of stutter, does anyone know if this one does the same? Also has anyone tried the adaptive v-sync in radeon pro? Does it play nice??

Back
Top Bottom