• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Ahhhh cheers Rofflay. I will now accept :D

Thanks i dont play a whole lot now i have to get some upgrades but we can squad sometime as you are in my agegroup i prefer to play with and you play a lot it seems. Do you guys go for ground or vehicle then?

Also anyone figured out how to use Battlescreen? I do not have a second monitor or an Andriod with sufficent version to run the App so im looking to get it on my laptop if possible but ive no idea what i do, do i log into origin and BF4 or something? There is no minimap on HC but you are free to have full map (m) on a second monitor or tablet and get to see the normally invisable perks like Air Radar and Gunner proximity Detection in Hardcore mode.

Thanks i dont play a whole lot now i have to get some upgrades but we can squad sometime as you are in my agegroup i prefer to play with and you play a lot it seems. Do you guys go for ground or vehicle then?

Also anyone figured out how to use Battlescreen? I do not have a second monitor or an Andriod with sufficent version to run the App so im looking to get it on my laptop if possible but ive no idea what i do, do i log into origin and BF4 or something? There is no minimap on HC but you are free to have full map (m) on a second monitor or tablet and get to see the normally invisable perks like Air Radar and Gunner proximity Detection in Hardcore mode.

Welocme :)

I don't play as much as I used to but do enjoy a blast now and then. I am more of a fan of TDM over vehicles. Any time I am on, you are more than welcome to join me. Ignore anything I say in chat as well ;) :p

As for battlemap, I have a second screen but don't tend to bother. I am not good enough really but play for fun.

Last edited:
Ahhhh cheers Rofflay. I will now accept :D

Thanks i dont play a whole lot now i have to get some upgrades but we can squad sometime as you are in my age group i prefer to play with and you play a lot it seems. Do you guys go for ground or vehicle then as i have to admit im a Tank and Apache fan.

Also anyone figured out how to use Battlescreen? I do not have a second monitor or an Andriod with sufficent version to run the App so im looking to get it on my laptop if possible but ive no idea what i do, do i log into origin and BF4 or something? There is no minimap on HC but you are free to have fullmap (M Key) on a second monitor or tablet and get to see the normally invisable HC perks like Air Radar and Gunner proximity Detection which require a map. Im literally drooling at the thought of a DIY Heli or tank cockpit simulator with Joystick and a triple screen 120hz Eizo 2421 setup with a dedicated tablet or laptop being used for the minimap. I just need £1200 for three monitors! :(

You can only use the battlescreen in softcore mode, which is a bit naff, it works fine on my 2nd monitor, when you join a server just hit the blue 'battle screen' tab at the bottom of your battle log. Haven't tried with a laptop but I would assume you would load your battlelog on that first.

Last edited:
Told you now try out the new processor count setting as well and set to 8 for 8 threads on the i7. I have literally no issues with the game as far as crashes and performance goes im very happy with it i think the last patch boosted things quite well. My overclock on my i5 is 4700mhz and BF4 loves it.

Also i added you and Greg incase you were wondering who it was that sent the friend requests :)

“Thread.MaxProcessorCount” settings in User.cfg.
-“Render.DrawScreenInfo 1” now also shows information about which CPU and GPU is in the system, how many GPUs & CPU cores are used and which renderer (DirectX 11 or Mantle) is active

from Jan 3rd Update

Do I remember hearing that there is also a command that will log min/avg/max framerates to a csv file in BF4 now? Does anyone know what it is?

Do I remember hearing that there is also a command that will log min/avg/max framerates to a csv file in BF4 now? Does anyone know what it is?

get the free eidtion of fraps, minimize it and set the bench time to 30 mins (1800 seconds). When you start a round press the hotkey to start benching and when the round is almost over, press the hotkey again.

Make sure you tick the boxes for min/avg/max and the file will be in C:/Fraps

get the free eidtion of fraps, minimize it and set the bench time to 30 mins (1800 seconds). When you start a round press the hotkey to start benching and when the round is almost over, press the hotkey again.

Make sure you tick the boxes for min/avg/max and the file will be in C:/Fraps

I thought there was a way of doing it within BF4 now?
Does FRAPS work with Mantle?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-mantle-live/

To simplify measuring performance in the game we’ve added a new tool to the in-game console to record frame times for later analysis. Simply run “PerfOverlay.FrameFileLogEnable 1″ to start saving frame times and “PerfOverlay.FrameFileLogEnable 0″ to stop. The resulting .csv file will be located in Documents/Battlefield 4 which can be opened & graphed by Excel or other applications for viewing.Another in-game tool that is useful to use is “Render.DrawScreenInfo 1″ that will now show additional on-screen information about your CPU & GPU config, resolution and as well as if Mantle or DirectX 11 is used for rendering.

Enjoy the numbers you have no control over ;)

You can only use the battlescreen in softcore mode, which is a bit naff, it works fine on my 2nd monitor, when you join a server just hit the blue 'battle screen' tab at the bottom of your battle log. Haven't tried with a laptop but I would assume you would load your battlelog on that first.

Huh really mate it is disabled in Hardcore? How come i can see the fullmap in hardcore by hitting M so why would they remove it from Battlescreen? I just had a look at the forums seems it might just be a bug for now as i said the map is there on M no reason why it is stuck on loading screen on HC.

Last edited:
I haven't tried anything related to mantle yet but I'm wondering if they are using some trickery to exaggerate their results. Has anyone noticed this? http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493821981180/

Unfortunatly not something I can easily test for myself but seen a few people claiming in bf4 with mantle its cubic clipping the far plane and using fog to cover it up hence the big fps gain on long views, should be pretty easy to prove or dissprove that on golmund.

Loaded up the test range, switched to Mantle, Quit, start Test Range, BF4 has stopped working, try again, BF4 has stopped working.

So how do I set it back to DX? I'd rather not use that settings tool (if it even has the Mantle option yet) as it always messed with my mouse/keybinds.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot to disable ULPS after reinstall which let it load although stopped responding on exit.

Last edited:
I think the IQ has been effected slightly,but not loss of detail, colours and brightness mostly, been testing a little of the campaign (Baka) the section where you overlook the construction area with the birds.

DIRECT X

Colours look deep on the buildings to the right, notice the ground in the distance looks clear, sun effects look different too.

MANTLE

Everything looks a little too bright perhaps? i'm not expert though.

Back
Top Bottom