• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Getting a bit fed up with the issues in this game. On the day where it starts to play very nicely for me, it starts crashing with bf4 stopped responding errors. Previously it was a stuttering mess but no crashes. Dice couldnt patch a bicycle tyre puncture never mind a game.

I get the odd DX error which leads to game crashes but I used to get that with BF3 tbh. Seems there are people with mixed issues with this game.
Mine are not bad though and it plays well enough for me to get the premium :)

Im also on premium. Last week i had a pop at sorting the crazy high cpu spikes i was getting in game. After the patch i no longer got theese, game was running extremely well but then the crashing started.

It does **** me off, as when it was first released, I had good solid performance and apart from sound on a couple of maps, I had no major issues. No sooner do they patch it and it is worse. I can handle the net code problems and accept that, but these are major issues, which should have been sorted long ago.

I had not played it for weeks and weeks purely because of other games but I was expecting a good experience after all this time and straight away, I can't connect. I do the usual PB updates, restart browser, check the game is error free and still get the BF4 has stopped working when trying to connect. I persist and finally get in and the game isn't half bad and nice and smooth. Made a cuppa, tried to join another server and BF4 has stopped working when trying to connect to a server again.... I gave up.

Shoddy work in fairness and for such an expensive game that cost me over a £100, I feel diddled.

Yeah it's not good greg, how long does it take to patch - it seems too many people with issues for it to be just effecting quirky setups?

I dared to read the battlelog forums and so many issues and mostly the same with the 'bf4 has stopped working' and makes no odds of AMD or nVidia. A shame but I will persist. I racked up 900 hours ish on BF3, and was hoping to do the same, but just not feeling it this time.

Ill stick with it myself, been reading up on possible fixes this evening but nothing concrete so far. Gonna finally knock it on the head for tonight and go for a few beer.

Ill stick with it myself, been reading up on possible fixes this evening but nothing concrete so far. Gonna finally knock it on the head for tonight and go for a few beer.

Don't blame ya. I want to do the same tomorrow but all day (on the beer that is). Might be able to persuade the wife :D

All I will advise is to stay away from the 'nuclear daiquiri' if its on offer, lets say the stag on this do isnt fairing too well after one :D

no problems here.. memory leak on day 1 which seem to be sorted in subsequent patches. Some people can't settle for minor gripes.

moreover, many of the complaints come from people who overclock their machines and expect everything to run perfectly.

Game runs fine, bugs however keep rearing up, my system is mostly stock too.

I cant do anything about having to play a round before audio kicks in.

I'm a bit peeved that bf4 was running very well for me then we have this Mantel update I can't opt out and now the game is broke :mad:

Has anyone at Dice said when the next patch will be out??

Soon and it will fix all current issues and break everything else.

Dice have shown us they are no longer capable of providing working high end titles.

Installed the latest patch today, also set pre rendered frames to 1. The difference is quite pronounced. No crazy high cpu spikes and the game running as smooth as silk.

Told you now try out the new processor count setting as well and set to 8 for 8 threads on the i7. I have literally no issues with the game as far as crashes and performance goes im very happy with it i think the last patch boosted things quite well. My overclock on my i5 is 4700mhz and BF4 loves it.

Also i added you and Greg incase you were wondering who it was that sent the friend requests :)

“Thread.MaxProcessorCount” settings in User.cfg.
-“Render.DrawScreenInfo 1” now also shows information about which CPU and GPU is in the system, how many GPUs & CPU cores are used and which renderer (DirectX 11 or Mantle) is active

from Jan 3rd Update

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom