• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I think the IQ has been effected slightly,but not loss of detail, colours and brightness mostly, been testing a little of the campaign (Baka) the section where you overlook the construction area with the birds.

DIRECT X

Colours look deep on the buildings to the right, notice the ground in the distance looks clear, sun effects look different too.

MANTLE

Everything looks a little too bright perhaps? i'm not expert though.

Looks like there's a little fog which dice said was a bug on there side.

Yeah noticed the fog too, needs more testing and it's still Beta afterall, i'm very impressed though so far and things can only get better, very much looking forward to Thief now.

Ran BF4 perf overlay with the timeframes ect on shanghai map on a gtx 670, I did a screen shot by pressing alt and prtscr, this showed the Gpu frames all over the place and the fps it showed in top right corner was 13 fps lower than the screen said.

I did a screenshot with fraps and it showed exactly what was on the screen, Has anyone else seen this as one of the screenshots has to be wrong, but which one ?

Settings were Ultra with MSAAx2 and no post processing.

ALT + PRTSCR Below

9hes.jpg

F10 Fraps Screenshot below.

8944.jpg

Exactly the same time pressing print screen, why so different fps and GPU readings.

Last edited:
post this in the mantle thread anyone know what the white boxes are?(happens in dx11 too)
bf4 is really bad for me at the minute, completely different from yesterday horrible performance on both dx11 and mantle mode. talking sub 60 frames constant.
also these 4 white boxes flash up every so often on the right hand side.
p75d.jpg

Ones windowed the other fs. Clocks on everything will be doing different things ;)

So when pressing alt and print screen it quickly windows bf4 but it's that fast I don't see it change to window mode?

As both screens we're took right after the other and what was onscreen on the 1st screen shot did not look like that when I pressed it! Strange.

Correct, look at your own screen shots, the alt+print screen has a window border around it :)

iirc alt+prt scrn is telling prt scn to take an isolated screen shot of the top most active window, as a result makes the game quickly pull out of full screen, into windowed for the shot and then back to full screen.

For screenshots just use afterburner/fraps to take them in full screen, upload to your image host of choice, (imgur is my one of choice). Then post em here in spoiler tags to keep in line with forum rules.

Btw, anyone still getting crashes in bf4? Cant test at the minute as im swapping a few fans about on my main system. Posting from the second rig that doesnt have bf4 installed on it.

For screenshots just use afterburner/fraps to take them in full screen, upload to your image host of choice, (imgur is my one of choice). Then post em here in spoiler tags to keep in line with forum rules.

Btw, anyone still getting crashes in bf4? Cant test at the minute as im swapping a few fans about on my main system. Posting from the second rig that doesnt have bf4 installed on it.

I have had a couple of games since my BSOD episodes and been good as gold. Apart from the joining bug, no probs for me :)

Been pretty solid for me too, just the audio bug on locker but that seems to have sorted its self out too. If anything I think perf is up slightly on the latest betas :)

Cheers guys, ill give it a run later when ive put the system back in order. Performance did seem better when i last played on saturday even on the last whql drivers im on.

Correct, look at your own screen shots, the alt+print screen has a window border around it :)

iirc alt+prt scrn is telling prt scn to take an isolated screen shot of the top most active window, as a result makes the game quickly pull out of full screen, into windowed for the shot and then back to full screen.

Thanks for that, But Damn, i thought i had a gpu issue that i could sort out with a new GPU sooner rather than later.

Back to BF4 it is then. :)

Thanks for that, But Damn, i thought i had a gpu issue that i could sort out with a new GPU sooner rather than later.

Back to BF4 it is then. :)
Got your request and accepted mate, same for Rofflay too. Cheers guys, will be hopping on for a blast shortly.:)

Had to bung a faster higher static pressure fan into the middle of my k2 cooler, x2 1200 rpm fans just dont have the oomph to cope with this chip. 74c isnt high but id prefer it lower.

Cool setter, I would rather be in a squad with people who's gameplay i get to know rather than these rambo types that end up hiding because they die too much on there rampage.

No probs, ill be the first to admit im no expert at bf4. Dying, i have that part down to a very fine art though. Im certainly not one to worry about my k/d ratio too much.:D

Me neither, me and a friend played one time for 4 hours just driving around in jeeps trying to run over people, Then got bored of that and just jumped over stuff, K/D and skill plumeted that night.

Back
Top Bottom