• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Found it. Check it out for yourself. Watch the video. Appears the 780TI/290X were tested on Windows 7 and the 290X was then tested on Mantle.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battl...tlefield-4-Second-Assault-Benchmarks-1109970/

I checked it out when the benchmark was originally posted awhile back - his testing seems to be just running randomly around the maps in the middle of a busy server and while I don't have SA to compare those you simply don't see those kind of numbers on siege of shanghai doing that on the 780(ti) unless something is wrong with your setup or you have a really weak CPU - which isn't the case with the 3770K.

Ages back in the thread I posted benchmark stats from fraps of doing that, setter has posted them several times and they are typical numbers of a 780 from that situation and well above what the article has posted.

Whether the 290 results are accurate or not I can't comment as I don't have experience of playing that map with one.

So i had a round on Shanghai last night on full Ultra settings :)

Im guessing my average was around 75fps and i only saw it hit low 40's when i was in a chopper right next to where a cruise missile hit. Was maxing well into the 120's btw. My lows were in the mid 50's without including that cruise missile. I must have joined just after the scraper came down so it was a dusty mess throughout. My max VRAM hit 2.7GB but heres the thing.. it was smooth all the way even with that low 40's dip.

Now when the next map loaded up i was locking at 30fps a lot.. that next map was Shanghai as i was on a 24/7 Shanghai map.

So like humbug said i think one of the problems here is (as i have noticed myself) that the VRAM isnt clearing between maps like it does in DX. If AMD/Dice can sort this out i think a big problem is solved here. :)

Like i said.. i can usually run Ultra.. but for the VRAM problem.

Been playing Bf4 a lot past couple days.

I see 100+ fps constant @ 2560x1600 on all ultra with 4x aa.
Sometimes 150fps :D

I am useing 3.4GB of vram

I know i know.. u might say its only Flood Zone. But.. when i did Shanghai on Ultra it used less VRAM and i had a higher average FPS.

So Ultra can be done.. its just the clearing of VRAM between maps and obviously theres a memory leak somewhere.

Interestingly after this round finished i alt-entered out and in of full screen and my VRAM went from the 2.8GB it was at to maxed 3GB. Hmm..

Oh it was smooth throughout and only noticed tearing once or twice.

Full round on Ultra 4xMSAA @ 1080p.

Intel i7 2700K @ 4.5GHz
Sapphire Dual X 7950 @ 1100/1600 (Catalyst 14.2 Beta)

Max CPU Temp = 59c 61c 60c 57c
Max GPU Temp = 70c (99% Load)
Max VRM Temps = 1. 80c 2. 69c
Max VRAM used = 2.8GB

Last edited:
So i had a round on Shanghai last night on full Ultra settings :)

Im guessing my average was around 75fps and i only saw it hit low 40's when i was in a chopper right next to where a cruise missile hit. Was maxing well into the 120's btw. My lows were in the mid 50's without including that cruise missile. I must have joined just after the scraper came down so it was a dusty mess throughout. My max VRAM hit 2.7GB but heres the thing.. it was smooth all the way even with that low 40's dip.

Now when the next map loaded up i was locking at 30fps a lot.. that next map was Shanghai as i was on a 24/7 Shanghai map.

So like humbug said i think one of the problems here is (as i have noticed myself) that the VRAM isnt clearing between maps like it does in DX. If AMD/Dice can sort this out i think a big problem is solved here. :)

Like i said.. i can usually run Ultra.. but for the VRAM problem.

Exactly what happens here, and then once I go above 3072mb that's it, spiking and performance problems even if the fps stays high... so if they sort the memory problem, it'll be perfect.

I noticed today that If it does get to the full 4GB being used in BF4 i would see some spikes that froze me for around 1-2 seconds. (rare though)
Alt-Tab out then back in and it drops the vram to 3.2ish and fine again till the next round.

Seems there is a slight memory leak

I noticed today that If it does get to the full 4GB being used in BF4 i would see some spikes that froze me for around 1-2 seconds. (rare though)
Alt-Tab out then back in and it drops the vram to 3.2ish and fine again till the next round.

Seems there is a slight memory leak

Are you halving your readouts?

Back
Top Bottom