• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I noticed today that If it does get to the full 4GB being used in BF4 i would see some spikes that froze me for around 1-2 seconds. (rare though)
Alt-Tab out then back in and it drops the vram to 3.2ish and fine again till the next round.

Seems there is a slight memory leak

Its a BF4/Mantle bug, only dice can fix it.

2sQ0pla.jpg.png

Have to admit, fix this and Mantle is not far off perfect for me... just annoying as for example I'll be sitting around 2850mb vram used... then the storm starts on Paracel Storm... all ofa sudden it'll go over 3072mb vram... and it NEVER comes back down. Fix the high usuage and the leak and it'll be spot on. It's made the game incredibly playable at extremely high res/settings... considering it's still not a finished API as far as we can see... the performance is epic. Lets hope it catches on... as it'll make our CPU/MOBO's last another 2-3 years I reckon :-)

As an additional, I do think the netcode fro BF4 stinks... it's got some serious hit detection issues compared to BF3, BC2 and Counter Strike Source/Go. Easily the worst fo theses by a mile. However I seem to be in a minority on this thought so maybe I'm just gash at the game!

Have to admit, fix this and Mantle is not far off perfect for me... just annoying as for example I'll be sitting around 2850mb vram used... then the storm starts on Paracel Storm... all ofa sudden it'll go over 3072mb vram... and it NEVER comes back down. Fix the high usuage and the leak and it'll be spot on. It's made the game incredibly playable at extremely high res/settings... considering it's still not a finished API as far as we can see... the performance is epic. Lets hope it catches on... as it'll make our CPU/MOBO's last another 2-3 years I reckon :-)

Fix this and get that SDK out so we can run Fraps,OBS etc. But like u say the same is for me. Its running peachy and i havnt had any crashes for a good few weeks now. Obviously BF4 itself needs tweaking a lot but still.. Mantle is on the road to 'Epic' right now :D

As an additional, I do think the netcode fro BF4 stinks... it's got some serious hit detection issues compared to BF3, BC2 and Counter Strike Source/Go. Easily the worst fo theses by a mile. However I seem to be in a minority on this thought so maybe I'm just gash at the game!

No mate the netcode stinks.. as u can see in my last video and that was on a UK server.

It actually seems like you are 300ms behind someone as i not only get a lot of duels where we both die or over terrain when i learn down on my bipod but i also get weird kills last night i shot a guy parachuting down on me in the leg and i got a headshot. I think last night i shot a guy who shot me first as well im not sure it happened so fast but i was falling when he went down.

Equipment wise i have played on a UK server, I have one of those Killer 2100's i got for £25 on ebay and Infinity 80MB with 25-30ms ping. Network slider is also set to 0%. Its beyond comprehension whats going on and the last patch bugged HC now you get a black UI when killed and you know nothing about who or what killed you.

For me it's made performance worse (framerate higher though) due I guess to VRAM usage. I could turn the settings down, but I don't want to. I thought Mantle was supposed to make things better, not make me turn settings down.
But I will say that BF4 using Mantle runs better on High settings than BF using DX runs on Ultra.
I should point out that I'm doing this on my 7950CF not my 290CF because AMD have introduced that nice little audio issue when running crossfire 290s haven't they? Very nice of them rendering my 'main' PC useless for gaming. Still I'm now using it to build myself a nice little dust collection!
Personally I'd rather they stop working on Mantle and fix it! Mantle affects 1 game, this issue affects lots!

I hope it doesn't make CPU/Mobos last another 2-3 years. I'd rather they use the extra performance to improve games and keep pushing the hardware, not stand still so tech lasts longer.

Mantle BF4 Ultra with no MSAA + 200% Res
Surprised at the performance I was getting. Going to start playing with about 150% seems to keep FPS close to the 120fps for me. But easy playable man didn't think it would be.

Setting Used
ScreenshotWin32-0002.png

ScreenshotWin32-0003.png

ScreenshotWin32-0004.png

ScreenshotWin32-0005.png

Mantle BF4 Ultra with no MSAA + 200% Res
Surprised at the performance I was getting. Going to start playing with about 150% seems to keep FPS close to the 120fps for me. But easy playable man didn't think it would be.

1080 200% is 4k :)

How's the vram situation with mantle at ultra (no aa) at that res?

Back
Top Bottom