• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

NF200 is just a context switcher hence why XDMA doesn't play nice with it - instead of having 2x true 16x ports you have 1x 16x split and it switches between them as needed/load balanced. So it can't truely talk from one device to the other in different sockets in the same clock cycle.

Its great for SLI however.

My new Board uses something similar called Plx Pex 8747 "Asus P8z77 WS" It runs superb with my cards. I honestly wouldn't know any different.

It wasn't that 8x wasn't enough it was the chipset Nf2000 not playing nice with XDMA

NF200 is just a context switcher hence why XDMA doesn't play nice with it - instead of having 2x true 16x ports you have 1x 16x split and it switches between them as needed/load balanced. So it can't truely talk from one device to the other in different sockets in the same clock cycle.

Its great for SLI however.

Thanks Rroffles. Appreciate the explanation. Been tearing my hair out as to why the NF200 chip has been causing my gpu's to report BSOD's while idle. Now i know. I said to shanks i had a feeling it was the nf200 chip. Getting the same board as shanks now, p8z77 ws arrives today.

My new Board uses something similar called Plx Pex 8747 "Asus P8z77 WS" It runs superb with my cards. I honestly wouldn't know any different.

Aye the plx chips are usually what you'll find on dual GPU cards (i know the 690 uses one anyhow) and the higher end motherboards (m6e, oc force etc...). These WS boards are often insanely good In the PCI dept, a shame they usually lack a good set of oc utilities for fine tuning etc... iirc the x79 WS is one of the only boards that will do 16/16/16/16.

Aye the plx chips are usually what you'll find on dual GPU cards (i know the 690 uses one anyhow) and the higher end motherboards (m6e, oc force etc...). These WS boards are often insanely good In the PCI dept, a shame they usually lack a good set of oc utilities for fine tuning etc... iirc the x79 WS is one of the only boards that will do 16/16/16/16.

Don't jinx it, my p8z77 ws comes today. :p

Anyone with SLI finding GPU usage in BF4 up and down on the latest Beta's or is it my end?

Not updated my drivers in a few weeks but sli was a solid 98% each card for me at the weekend.

Yeah everything that's in the z68 and Z77 is here. Overclocking is one of the boards key features and reviews picked up on this.

It's good that it does as often workstation boards have the primary focus of xeons, virtualization and ecc ram :p

Settings and scene as posted by you:

171FPS
resort_c_dx_scene.png

Manly 140% Resolution Scaling:

131FPS
resort_c_dx_set140.png
resort_c_dx_scene140.png

Double 780Tis

What clocks was that using Sin?

I just ran a quick comparison before i pack up this dodgy board.

290 crossfire @975/1250
14.3 Beta

8d87d6e12c0b780ee9f50c47d91bbf12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom