• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

It wasn't that 8x wasn't enough it was the chipset Nf2000 not playing nice with XDMA

Ah, I thought Matt was upgrading in the first place because his original Z68 board only did 8x/8x, so he bought the nf2000 board to get 16x/16x and then when that had problems bought this new board.

I'm jinxed at the moment though. All because i lied when i was seventeen. As long as its third time lucky, im golden. Day 6 without playing BF4 and im having serious withdraw symptoms.

Travis reference?

Have a PEBKAC moment?

No it literally just arrived an hour ago. :D

I've just been setting up and stress testing my 24/7 overclocks. Now i need to reinstall windows. Much prefer the Z77 chipset. Easier to clock the dram. I Never could get 1T stable with my 16gb of ram on P67 but this time it worked straight away with no tweaks. Got it spot on first time, chuffed with that. Now comes the crappy part...

Oh I thought you said you was packing the buggy board back up, presumed it had arrived and not worked or something :p

What's the crappy part?

I've just been setting up and stress testing my 24/7 overclocks. Now i need to reinstall windows. Much prefer the Z77 chipset. Easier to clock the dram. I Never could get 1T stable with my 16gb of ram on P67 but this time it worked straight away with no tweaks. Got it spot on first time, chuffed with that. Now comes the crappy part...

Matt I didn't after reinstall Windows 8.1 it just worked. I did how ever need to call them to activate.

True that^^^, my win 8.1 install stems from a z68 windows 7 install :D

Win 7 (z68) - win 7 (x79) - win 8 (x79) - win 8 (z87) - win 8.1 (z87)

I know lads but im very finicky about these things so insist on a fresh install for every new motherboard. Unfortunately for me ive gone through about 5 different boards recently lol. I'm on first name terms with the microsoft activation peeps.

Nice one on the ram, on that board is it the two blue slots for xfire/sli? Quite different looking from the rest of the p8 Z77 series, (including the v pro i had). Spacing in it was ok. But there looks to be enough room to park a bus between the gpu's in the ws.:D

Nice one on the ram, on that board is it the two blue slots for xfire/sli? Quite different looking from the rest of the p8 Z77 series, (including the v pro i had). Spacing in it was ok. But there looks to be enough room to park a bus between the gpu's in the ws.:D

Yeah the two blue slots are the pci-e. Indeed there is tons of space between the cards. Excuse my psu cables and the white paper blocking the vents at the bottom. Its a work in progress. :D

pdLdBYD.jpg

Yeah the two blue slots are the pci-e. Indeed there is tons of space between the cards. Excuse my psu cables and the white paper blocking the vents at the bottom. Its a work in progress. :D

pdLdBYD.jpg
Very nicely done :D if you ever need better cooling on the cards I have mine top and bottom. Both cards keep same temps for me.

Very nicely done :D if you ever need better cooling on the cards I have mine top and bottom. Both cards keep same temps for me.

No need on reference cards. They could be right next to each other and they still operate ok. This kind of spacing just means they run at identical temps though. Those 3x120mm GT's 1850 in the front feed them plenty of cool air. As i said before 10C drop on my gpu's over my 600T. High CFM fans did jack vs the static pressure of the GT's.

Looks like a very decent gap mate, and tbh the build looks pretty tidy so far. I get to a certain point then just go "ahh sod it, she'll do fine". The joy of no side window. Blue pcie cables would look much nicer though for your setup.:)

Looks like a very decent gap mate, and tbh the build looks pretty tidy so far. I get to a certain point then just go "ahh sod it, she'll do fine". The joy of no side window. Blue pcie cables would look much nicer though for your setup.:)

Yeah i was the same mate. My 600T stoped me caring about the looks as i couldn't see it so why bother. Now im back to having a window again i need to tidy it up a bit. Nothing fancy mind you, ain't that bothered. :D

Will add a couple of blue pci-e cables next and a proper black dust filter for the bottom. I also need to order a motherboard IO shield from somewhere, but thats at the back of the priority list.

Slots 1 & 5, the spacing multi cards deserve, its always annoyed me that on the mid range boards Asus insist on slots 1 & 4.

Slots 1 & 5, the spacing multi cards deserve, its always annoyed me that on the mid range boards Asus insist on slots 1 & 4.
My current M6F is a bit dire for spacing. Could have got better by going for the Z87 V Pro, (identical to the Z77 V Pro i had) but the colour scheme on the standard asus boards is vile.

Spacing wise that doesn't seem particularly big. Looks like about 2 slots between the cards, unless its the angle?

Getting quite off topic now... (perhaps a separate thread for the mobo/case stuff?)

As pgi noted its in slots 1 & 4. Seems like a big space to me anyway coming from my last board. Could fit one and a half 290's in between there. (maybe :p)

Back
Top Bottom