• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I'm loving this thread derailment. My fault people. :D

At least you admit it, have a holiday for the off topic rubbish as per the warning at the top of the thread. - stulid.

I'll leave the thread when it gets back on topic :)
Only played BF4 for the first week of release, not been installed on my computer since then :)

Titanfall was boring as well, ironically...ruined by those pesky Titans. That games feels and responds how i want shooters to, too many bots and too many Titans that wont die by my sniper so lost interest.

Bit of an odd one tbh.
Seems like it's making an example for the sake of making an example.

OT: Is mantle now working properly with 7xxx Xfire? I haven't been keeping up (or plaing BF4 either tbh).

Last edited:
Bit of an odd one tbh.
Seems like it's making an example for the sake of making an example.

OT: Is mantle now working properly with 7xxx Xfire? I haven't been keeping up (or plaing BF4 either tbh).

I'm not sure about how it is with 14.3 betas but I think the memory leak thing was still an issue on the 7000 series with 14.2. Though I think 14.3 was mainly an update for thief.

Wow, this thread has had some cleaning up :eek:

Anyways, is the memory bug sorted for Mantle in this yet or is it still using a chunk more?

Its not a bug, its something to do with the way Mantle manages Memory, it preloads a lot of textures so it tends to use more.
This means 2GB cards have a hard time with it.

AMD have said there will be optimisations specifically for 2GB in April.

Never the less, after a lot of messing about i found i'm still able to run very high settings in BF4, i wouldn't play higher settings than i do as my GPU would not run the high FPS i like, so its a bit meh.... anyway. :)

Its not a bug, its something to do with the way Mantle manages Memory, it preloads a lot of textures so it tends to use more.
This means 2GB cards have a hard time with it.

AMD have said there will be optimisations specifically for 2GB in April.

Never the less, after a lot of messing about i found i'm still able to run very high settings in BF4, i wouldn't play higher settings than i do as my GPU would not run the high FPS i like, so its a bit meh.... anyway. :)

Fair play but I still don't get why you run Mantle when you had perfectly playable frame rates with ultra settings on 13.12 drivers?

You are lowering the IQ to get more fps but isn't that counter productive?

Fair play but I still don't get why you run Mantle when you had perfectly playable frame rates with ultra settings on 13.12 drivers?

You are lowering the IQ to get more fps but isn't that counter productive?

In DX my FPS often sink to 50, even as low as 40+, in Mantle they constantly stay at 80 or more, i have actually locked frame rates to 90 and that's pretty much where they stay, almost no variance in FPS. its glorious. :)

In DX my FPS often sink to 50, even as low as 40+, in Mantle they constantly stay at 80 or more, i have actually locked frame rates to 90 and that's pretty much where they stay, almost no variance in FPS. its glorious. :)

Must be nice to have 90fps on a 120hz monitor! unless you have a 60hz monitor then you have to ask yourself, 'whats the point?'

Must be nice to have 90fps on a 120hz monitor! unless you have a 60hz monitor then you have to ask yourself, 'whats the point?'

And with that i do ask myself whats the point :D

I do it because i have it in my head that lower Frame Latency results in lower Input / Output Latency, might be wrong, its piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom