• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

And with that i do ask myself whats the point :D

I do it because i have it in my head that lower Frame Latency results in lower Input / Output Latency, might be wrong, its piece of mind.

You are correct when it comes to higher FPS = lower input lag even if you dont own a 120hz monitor. Just because you can't see the smoother FPS dont rule out other great factors like low input etc
So Humbug enjoy 90fps :D

You are correct when it comes to higher FPS = lower input lag even if you dont own a 120hz monitor. Just because you can't see the smoother FPS dont rule out other great factors like low input etc
So Humbug enjoy 90fps :D

Low input lag on 60hz monitor only affects it if the fps drop below 60fps surely?

Isn't input lag governed by the panel not the fps driven through it? I was always under the impression the competitive fps high frames (particularly quake engine) was down to having something render on screen a split second quicker to give the player an edge

Personally I ran Mantle last night maxed out without VSYNC... and althoughI'm never dipping below 80fps... something just doesnt' feel as sweet as running VSYNC at 60fps... nromaly I'm running around 90-120fps... but VSYNC I'm now used to!

Isn't input lag governed by the panel not the fps driven through it? I was always under the impression the competitive fps high frames (particularly quake engine) was down to having something render on screen a split second quicker to give the player an edge

That was how I understood it.

Mine runs anything from 90-160fps and my monitor is a lowly 60hz monitor.

The reason i run with vsync off is cus it stutters like mad with it on :P

Mine runs anything from 90-160fps and my monitor is a lowly 60hz monitor.

The reason i run with vsync off is cus it stutters like mad with it on :P

The reason I've never bothered with VSYNC before is, I may not reach 60fps solid as a minimum and it caused it's own problems and delays when dropping to 20-30fps in DX11. However, now on Mantle running mental res and settings, I'm getting so high fps it's mental...

I've never seen it drop below 80fps since I've been running it... so I set VSYNC on to 60fps and never ones seen it drop... it's so smooth it literally feels like butter... don't seem to feel any lag or anything, just plays perfect..

Anyone remember this?

The red team says that with Mantle, its new flagship GPU will “ridicule” the GeForce Titan
With AMD unveiling its new series of GPUs, many gamers want to know how well it performs, namely against Nvidia’s flagship GeForce GTX Titan graphics card.

We had a chance to sit down with AMD Product Manager Devon Nekechuck to see how AMD’s new top dog R9 290X stacks up against the green team’s best single-GPU offering. According to Nekechuck, even though the R9 290X uses a 438 square mm die, which is significantly smaller than the Titan’s 550 sq. mm GK110 offering, it “will definitely compete with the GTX 780 and Titan.” When we asked what this means in real-world terms, he stated, “with Battlefield 4 running with Mantle (AMD’s new graphics API), the card will be able to ‘ridicule’ the Titan in terms of performance.”

R9 290X
Is the R9 290X the Titan killer? AMD seems to think so.

When we asked him what he meant by “ridicule,” he simply stated that it will run Battlefield 4 “much faster than the Titan.” Again, this is provided that you run the game using AMD's Mantle API, which is set to launch in December.

While no pricing has been announced for AMD's high-end GPU just yet, It is worth mentioning that Nekechuck did confirm to us that the company does not plan to release single-GPU cards in the $1,000 price range because AMD thinks that is such a small, niche market. When you consider that the GeForce Titan runs for one grand, it’s safe to assume that it will be a fair bit cheaper than $1K. Rumors abound the event are that the R9 290X will retail at around the 780 price point, which currently hovers around $650. May we see Titan+ performance for less than 780 price from AMD? Only time will tell.
http://www.maximumpc.com/amd_r9_290x_will_be_much_faster_titan_battlefield_4

:D

"Mantle (AMD’s new graphics API), the card will be able to ‘ridicule’ the Titan in terms of performance.”

Which is exactly what it does. :D

Really? I have seen no evidence of this and in fact, every time I have seen Mantle benched, I get much higher frames than the 290X :p

mantle is a good thing though, as MS have finally got off their ass and got to work.

A thing people keep forgetting about Mantle isn't just about higher frame rate. It's the frame rate change that feels so much better when running Mantle. Be honest we have all had this happen on dx when you have a high frame rate let's say 100 then out of no where it drops you get this slow down effect. Well under Mantle this does not happen.
I had someone reply on one my videos saying the same thing I shouldn't let the frame rate run wild, because you get this effect from frame rate change. I explained that this don't happen on Mantle.

I said this before and I'll say it again dx is like 60hz and Mantle is like 120hz it's the best way can explain it.
When the first directx 12 game drops you see what I mean.

A thing people keep forgetting about Mantle isn't just about higher frame rate. It's the frame rate change that feels so much better when running Mantle. Be honest we have all had this happen on dx when you have a high frame rate let's say 100 then out of no where it drops you get this slow down effect. Well under Mantle this does not happen.
I had someone reply on one my videos saying the same thing I shouldn't let the frame rate run wild, because you get this effect from frame rate change. I explained that this don't happen on Mantle.

I said this before and I'll say it again dx is like 60hz and Mantle is like 120hz it's the best way can explain it.
When the first directx 12 game drops you see what I mean.

But you are saying that AMD users get this and assuming that the same applies for nVidia. One thing I noticed when looking at the people who benched was the difference between AMD's lows and nVidia's lows and nVidia had quite a big lead in keeping lows high. Maybe AMD struggled a little with DX and this is why it now feels smoother or maybe it is placebo (A lot of guys said it was ultra smooth in DX on AMD). I have no smoothness issues and my lows are always above 70 but I guess a single, lower card user might notice it slow down but that would have course require frames to drop massively.

Back
Top Bottom