• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
OP
Ah well I've had the hc bug as recently as this week so they didn't do a very good job of fixing it :D

The water thing is most noticeable on metro for me given that the subway is now supposed to be flooded. So get to see some of the old metro floor (same as bf3!) For a few seconds every now and then.

Associate
Hey guys I've managed to somehow improve slightly the problems I'm having with my r9 290s in crossfire when running the game. By setting the post-processing effect quality to low, the thickness of the green line is reduced and therefore the smoothness is much higher and I get less CPU spikes. However, I still can't figure out how to fix this problem completely :( MSAA also makes the green lines like 4x as thick, and makes the game feel like 20 fps when it's running at 90fps+.
I'm using the 14.4 whql drivers now BTW.

Here are two screenshots which show the improvement:
Both at ultra 1440P with post-processing on low and MSAA off.
http://i.imgur.com/Qj3T7wn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ee9r1tc.png

Associate
Anyone getting spikes using Mantle with 7970 on Nansha Strike from the Naval Strike DLC? the other Naval Strike maps seem fine and using the config file from LTMatt see my GPU memory doesnt go over 1.5gb on those maps.

Caporegime
Anyone getting spikes using Mantle with 7970 on Nansha Strike from the Naval Strike DLC? the other Naval Strike maps seem fine and using the config file from LTMatt see my GPU memory doesnt go over 1.5gb on those maps.

Yes, its been like that since the Naval Strike release. Game needs a patch really badly, Its been 3 weeks since the last game patch. I'm refusing to play till the next patch comes out.

Caporegime
Gone off BF4 a bit, i can't play on my favourite servers because i don't have Naval Strike, even if the map rotation is on Paracle Storm it still will not let me on. all i get is a popup "you need Naval Strike, buy it now"

So you are forced to find servers that don't have a Naval Strike Map rotation.

Forcing people to buy the DLC's like this is stepping over the line, IMO.

Caporegime
only happens on Nansha though Matt do you notice it on other maps? i have a single 7970.

I get a very small cpu spike every 30 seconds currently no matter on DX or Mantle. I refuse to play the game properly until Dice have fixed it. The map you mentioned was particularly bad when i last played a couple of weeks ago. All other maps were fine.

Associate
I get a very small cpu spike every 30 seconds currently no matter on DX or Mantle. I refuse to play the game properly until Dice have fixed it. The map you mentioned was particularly bad when i last played a couple of weeks ago. All other maps were fine.

Yeah shame its better than the previous Mantle driver for me! on Naval Strike anyway the previos driver was spiking a lot more.

Soldato
Gone off BF4 a bit, i can't play on my favourite servers because i don't have Naval Strike, even if the map rotation is on Paracle Storm it still will not let me on. all i get is a popup "you need Naval Strike, buy it now"

So you are forced to find servers that don't have a Naval Strike Map rotation.

Forcing people to buy the DLC's like this is stepping over the line, IMO.

I learned from bf3 to just buy the premium for bf4, It's initial outlay is a lot but when dlcs come out you have them all, Even though the last time I played bf4 was a month ago if I get back into it then at least I don't need to fart about looking for servers.

Back
Top Bottom