• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
That is the Gentlemens way you naughty boy but then you won't be living up to your reputation :p

I can't just offer it to the first to post as that's unfair. I'll put up for people to hint they want it and then pick from first two pages

But yes, sssshhhh, son't tell anyone. I'll lose my reps

Man of Honour
Soldato
What you get with Mantle 4K and 4 GPUs is the screen is split into 3 or 4 rectangle like blocks as if CF is not quite right. It is also a bit glitchy at 1080p but nothing like as bad as it is at 4K.

That bench figure in the link is not right either for 4K and Mantle, they should be getting well over 120fps.

The scores seem to be in line with the other cards benched but i have not had a look to see what level they benched. As for the image thats weird you would have thought they would have mentioned this.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The scores seem to be in line with the other cards benched but i have not had a look to see what level they benched. As for the image thats weird you would have thought they would have mentioned this.

Just had another go, it is fine on DX11 but terrible on Mantle.

I will keep an open mind though until I have had chance to test on a proper 4K screen rather than using resolution scaling which could be causing the problem with Mantle.

Soldato
Matt, Shanks what happens when you set resolution scaling to 150 plus 4xAA in Mantle? What sort of FPS are you getting? Are you running out of VRAM?

Not sure but I did have a play with 200% no msaa though not needed and it was very playable.
FFps was always above 60fps but I like the sweet 120fps so stopped using it.
I now play at 125

Soldato
Just decided to jump on BF4 again this morning, having not played for a while, and I'm crashing out a few seconds into each game I start.
The only thing I've changed recently (that I can think of) is going to the 14.4 WHQL drivers (from 14.3 betas).
Anyone else getting anything like this or have any ideas how to solve it?

Caporegime
Just decided to jump on BF4 again this morning, having not played for a while, and I'm crashing out a few seconds into each game I start.
The only thing I've changed recently (that I can think of) is going to the 14.4 WHQL drivers (from 14.3 betas).
Anyone else getting anything like this or have any ideas how to solve it?

Are you using a User.Cfg file? If so make sure the game has not added loads of weird stuff to it. Happened to me once.

Soldato
PROBLEM: It seems I am getting strange stutter/lags every 10-15 seconds. Again, as with GoogalyMoogaly (what a name) I am on 14.4 WHQL

It is driving me mad and has got me killed loads of time. Especially when it happens when trying to quick flick to someone shooting me

Ideas?

Soldato
Are you using a User.Cfg file? If so make sure the game has not added loads of weird stuff to it. Happened to me once.

I am, but it hasn't.
I wondered if it was punkbuster, but it doesn't kick me out it freezes/crashes and I have to Alt-Tab to desktop and then see a box saying BF4 has crashed.

PROBLEM: It seems I am getting strange stutter/lags every 10-15 seconds. Again, as with GoogalyMoogaly (what a name) I am on 14.4 WHQL

It is driving me mad and has got me killed loads of time. Especially when it happens when trying to quick flick to someone shooting me

Ideas?

I'll take that as a compliment...?

Last edited:
Caporegime

Ideas?

Same here. Happens on DX11 and Mantle. Why i stopped playing for the time being. Game needs patching badly as there has not been a big update for a long time. I'm hoping there will be a patch this tuesday, but nothing official so far.

I am, but it hasn't.
I wondered if it was punkbuster, but it doesn't kick me out it freezes/crashes and I have to Alt-Tab to desktop and then see a box saying BF4 has crashed.

Run pbsetup and make sure its up to date.

Caporegime
That lag stutter is similair to what i get with the big cpu spikes on performance overlay. Had to drop all settings to lowest to sort it. Not ideal on a card that should handle the game fine on max at my res.

Caporegime
I get a small lag spike every minute or so. Its playable but its far from ideal. I've not tried the game for a week or so but ill load it up now and snap a screenshot to show you what i mean.

Caporegime
I updated PB and it seems to be much better now, nowhere near as bad as it was when i last checked a week or two ago. Not sure if the PB update made the difference or if it was something else. The odd small lag spike was still present, but it was smaller than previously and occurred less often. Mrs is streaming tv shows on my internet as well so i guess its possible that could have something to do with it. Will check again later to confirm.

01fa7d04203c91fe7dd61b39e9e8259c.jpg

SPIKE
a36282ceca4ac2e3d0a33462fb1443aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom