• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Man of Honour
BSOD _usually_ means system stability issues but I'm not so sure any more with BF4 - friend of mine gets 101 BSOD constantly within 5 minutes of joining a server some days (and other days can play for hours fine) which usually means not enough vcore for an overclock but his system is only very mildly overclocked and is 100% stable in anything else :S and my gut instinct is the system is stable - not had enough time to see if leaving it at stock fixes it as sometimes it goes for days fine anyhow.

Associate
how would i go about finding a BSOD code ? Basically with mine i can join a server running OK then boom BSOD the sound carry's on for 5 more secs then goes quiet. i cant control alt del or anything have to power down and start again

Soldato
Well i pulled an all nighter last night :p Must have done 5-6 hours non stop on the same American server with some mates in my platoon. Apart from us kicking ass in nearly every round (I dont usually play this good :D ) it was a smooth experience throughout at a solid 60 FPS with the settings below..

High
High
High
High
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
2xMSAA
Post (Low)
HBAO

I guess i could have done 4xMSAA but for the smoothness i want on a US server i keep it down to 2x. My max VRAM hit around 2.5GB and having task manager up i could see my max system RAM up to 6.75GB (out of 8GB total) and was expecting the old DirectX Mantle crash error but it didnt happen :)

Most of last nights session was me using tanks and even zooming in and out i stayed at a solid 60 FPS, that included purposely sitting in the bottleneck at Shanghai :)

Probably the best session to date that i have had in BF4 :D

Edit..

7950 @ 1075/1600
2700K @ 4.4GHz

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair enough, but you quoted my post as though what you were saying related to it. My post ending with "I know which I prefer" after explaining my scenario. It seemed like you were giving your opinion on the scenario I gave that you quoted.

Thing is shanks (can I call you shanks?) I was running it on my 7950CF and as long as I turned the settings down it had been working ok (or at least not crashing).

I do look forward to more games supporting Mantle so I can have issues in those too as the developers prove that maybe they don't know what they're doing quite as much as they and/or AMD had been saying...

Shanks is fine by me :D
How does mantle perform when you use the 290's surly thats what you should be using to test Mantle.

how would i go about finding a BSOD code ? Basically with mine i can join a server running OK then boom BSOD the sound carry's on for 5 more secs then goes quiet. i cant control alt del or anything have to power down and start again

Do you get a bsod code?

Download Blue screen viewer
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Associate
BSOD _usually_ means system stability issues but I'm not so sure any more with BF4 - friend of mine gets 101 BSOD constantly within 5 minutes of joining a server some days (and other days can play for hours fine) which usually means not enough vcore for an overclock but his system is only very mildly overclocked and is 100% stable in anything else :S and my gut instinct is the system is stable - not had enough time to see if leaving it at stock fixes it as sometimes it goes for days fine anyhow.

sorry my bad .. i dont mean blue screen i meant i am getting black screen issues all the time sorry my fault

Soldato
hi mate

My page file in MSI afterburner gets upto over 8000 and the line goes yellow if this helps ?

Mine maxed at 9741 at the end of last nights BF4 session.

In windows go into Advanced system settings > performance settings > advanced tab and tell us what it is set to.. its the virtual memory part. Hit 'change' and set to system managed size. Bf4 had some pagefile problems a while back and a lot of us here had to change it to stop crashing etc.

Just a long shot.

Also right click BF4 in Origin and do a repair.. sometimes can fix stuff. Running the dxsetup in the BF4 folder fixes a few crashes too.

Caporegime
lol ironic.

Bad Pool Header is (or was) something to do with system memory allocation. Got the igpu on your 2700K disabled?

I was hoping to post some frame time results from our game but because i BSOD'd i lost my results. The file is there but the analyzer says its corrupt. Decided to play another round and do it again and the game crashed. Fed up now. Maybe my cpu/memory is not stable idk. I will have to run a stress test and make sure.

Associate
MSIAfterburnerissue_zpsf1107cef.png

right guys mine just got upto 8700 before i came out of before for running it for 6 mins or so

please see pagefile above

Soldato
OP
I think its just how BF4 handles the CPU/Memory, I could have an OC that will run anything else for hours on end fail in BF4, especially on the memory side of things.

I did manage some results, eventually

ScreenshotWin32-0008.png

ScreenshotWin32-0009.png

ScreenshotWin32-0010.png

bf4frametimemetronew.jpg

What a pain to do under the pressures of battle, kept forgetting to close the command and thinking '**** sake i've lost control again!!!!'

Associate
Mine maxed at 9741 at the end of last nights BF4 session.

In windows go into Advanced system settings > performance settings > advanced tab and tell us what it is set to.. its the virtual memory part. Hit 'change' and set to system managed size. Bf4 had some pagefile problems a while back and a lot of us here had to change it to stop crashing etc.

Just a long shot.

Also right click BF4 in Origin and do a repair.. sometimes can fix stuff. Running the dxsetup in the BF4 folder fixes a few crashes too.

in performance options its set on processor scheduling to programs. once in virtual memory its all ready set to system managed size

Caporegime
20 runs of Intel Burn Test, definitely stable and my gpu's were at stock. I'm blaming the game.

Good results PG Tips. Interesting that you're only on DX11. I wonder if there is an issue with AMD/DX11.1/Windows 8.1. I never used to have stability problems. Will reassess once they next patch the game.

I know during our game i was averaging very high fps, spent a lot of time at or around 190-200fps.

Back
Top Bottom