• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Signed up for this beta, though i agree with Ian. Bf4 full release is still pretty much in beta state, then they release cte, (another beta). To download all theese i have to use the beta version of origin otherwise it takes ages. At this rate im gonna need beta blockers.:D

Soldato
Knew i should've signed up last night! As soon as i get in ill get some Mantle footage uploaded to youtube. :)

I'm not trying to bait here, this is a genuine question. Why would MANTLE footage be at all interesting? Surely just FOOTAGE of an as of this moment brand new beta product is desirable for others?

It's going to look EXACTLY the same as the DX render path. :confused:

Caporegime
I'm not trying to bait here, this is a genuine question. Why would MANTLE footage be at all interesting? Surely just FOOTAGE of an as of this moment brand new beta product is desirable for others?

It's going to look EXACTLY the same as the DX render path. :confused:

Because Mantle footage will be considerably faster and smoother than DX footage. As its on the frostbite 3 engine, the fps overlay and cpu and gpu frame time rendering graphs should work with my User.Cfg.

Soldato
Because Mantle footage will be considerably faster and smoother than DX footage. As its on the frostbite 3 engine, the fps overlay and cpu and gpu frame time rendering graphs should work with my User.Cfg.

Maybe xfire will be smoother and faster on amd gpu's but as has been said many many times dx on nvidia is perfectly smooth and not much slower than mantle in bf4 using single cards, unless there is a place where you can stand still, Then humbug would be over the moon.

Soldato
I think Matt is trying to say he'll be comparing how Mantle runs in Hardline compared to BF4, with BF4.. Mantle was thrown on as an afterthought whereas in Hardline it was probably there from the start.

Soldato
I don't think he is. He clearly says compared to DX footage.

Mantle may be better for AMD users in real time but I really doubt any advantage will translate itself once encoded. 30 FPS looks smooth as anything once encoded :p.

Soldato
With all the comparisons Matt has done in the past i guess he'll do the DX comparisons too. Its the Mantle perf that i'm interested in with Hardline as BF4 has been such a broken mess so far.. though they are getting it sorted, slowly :)

Caporegime
Maybe xfire will be smoother and faster on amd gpu's but as has been said many many times dx on nvidia is perfectly smooth and not much slower than mantle in bf4 using single cards, unless there is a place where you can stand still, Then humbug would be over the moon.

Yeah? No.

Pay attention to the fps averages, the variance and the stutter. AMD's & Nvidia's DX11 performance in BF4 is nigh on identical. Mantle on the other hand is different gravy. So if you think Nvidia DX is perfectly smooth (when AMD's is identical, maybe slightly better) then you don't know what you're missing out on.

Myself and PG Tips benched DX11 on the same 48 man Metro server. The Mantle benchmark was on a differnet very laggy server too with frequent cpu spikes. I will retest that because that is not a accurate representation.

I did manage some results, eventually

bf4frametimemetronew.jpg

290P Crossfire DX11.1 14.4 WHQL

yEG9oEN.jpg

290P crossfire Mantle 14.4 WHQL

ifrlzEf.jpg

lol there'll be no difference once it's compressed and encoded :p

I think Matt is trying to say he'll be comparing how Mantle runs in Hardline compared to BF4, with BF4.. Mantle was thrown on as an afterthought whereas in Hardline it was probably there from the start.

Rusty, not for the first time you disappoint me. I'm talking about capturing the awesomeness of Mantle using the Frostbite perfoverlay tools, such as the fps averages and the cpu+gpu rendering times. You know the cpu+gpu lines. Encoding? Lol GTFO newb. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom