• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Matt the man who loves AMD and everything about them will for sure see smoothness like no other where Mantle is concerned and I expect his posse to back him up as well :D

Mantle on AMD is far smoother than DX on AMD I have no doubt and Mantle brings the smoothness up to a level us nVidia boys are used to.

Yer I can do it as well :p

Caporegime
Matt the man who loves AMD and everything about them will for sure see smoothness like no other where Mantle is concerned and I expect his posse to back him up as well :D

Mantle on AMD is far smoother than DX on AMD I have no doubt and Mantle brings the smoothness up to a level us nVidia boys are used to.

Yer I can do it as well :p

The results don't lie Gregorio. I too was shocked to see crossfire offering less stutter than SLI, but thems the breaks. :D

Seeing as you and Ian brought it up, how is that DX smoothness on Nvidia these days using FCAT?

Ee4fZ4t.png

cLwAAUW.png

5ICUN1u.png

MvOk7KW.png

mtDLTbx.png

lSSMFAY.png

msXfdm3.png

mWSmYWK.png

Ouch. If that's your idea of smooth, you can keep it. :eek: :D :p ;).

Soldato
The results don't lie Gregorio. I too was shocked to see crossfire offering less stutter than SLI, but thems the breaks. :D

Seeing as you and Ian brought it up, how is that DX smoothness on Nvidia these days using FCAT?

Well this is old news but as you can see they keep dreaming and posting that there smoothness is as good no matter the data.

Soldato
As I've said before 'smoothness' is a multi-sided thing - you can't necessarily post a load of graphs and declare x is smoother than y without understanding what the data in the graphs is and what tangible difference they make on experience (i.e. smoothness).

There's a big clamour on these forums to graph everything and declare a winner when in reality it's more complex than that.

Soldato
As I've said before 'smoothness' is a multi-sided thing - you can't necessarily post a load of graphs and declare x is smoother than y without understanding what the data in the graphs is and what tangible difference they make on experience (i.e. smoothness).

There's a big clamour on these forums to graph everything and declare a winner when in reality it's more complex than that.

Indeed but AMD was putdown on the very same graphs and methods, so they can damn well be propped up by them as well, until something better comes along that's what we got.
No point in now some users claiming that the methods are now pointless because they are in favor of the other brand.

Adios amigos.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed but AMD was putdown on the very same graphs and methods, so they can damn well be propped up by them as well, until something better comes along that's what we got.

I agree but my point above applied then and it applies now too. I don't really distinguish along those lines as I couldn't care less for putting down / bigging up a brand.

No point in now some users claiming that the methods are now pointless because they are in favor of the other brand.

Adios amigos.

:confused::confused:

Who's doing that? My point was clearly not that they're pointless - merely pointing out they aren't the be all and end all to declare 'winner!' :).

Caporegime

Dunno but I believe those benches were on shocking drivers (they were for me anyway) and nVidia said they acknowledged there was a problem and will sort it. I think Paul did that bench alongside and for him was ultra smooth, as was shown in the graphs he posted (of which I am not looking for).

I am pleased that you are pleased though and I mean that :)

Caporegime
Dunno but I believe those benches were on shocking drivers (they were for me anyway) and nVidia said they acknowledged there was a problem and will sort it. I think Paul did that bench alongside and for him was ultra smooth, as was shown in the graphs he posted (of which I am not looking for).

I am pleased that you are pleased though and I mean that :)

Those shocking drivers were the wonder drivers btw. :D

Soldato
Anyone able to stick some mantle 290 Pro (single gpu) 64p BF4 benchies up for me at 2560x1440p? (Possibly you Matt? :D) Wondering if Mantle is good enough to warrant a switch from my GTX 780.

It's the only game I play which is heavy on the gpu at this res, but I can't warrant a sli setup with what else I play (Source games).

Cheers!

Caporegime
Anyone able to stick some mantle 290 Pro (single gpu) 64p BF4 benchies up for me at 2560x1440p? (Possibly you Matt? :D) Wondering if Mantle is good enough to warrant a switch from my GTX 780.

It's the only game I play which is heavy on the gpu at this res, but I can't warrant a sli setup with what else I play (Source games).

Cheers!

Not worth it mate unless you go crossfire. Single card the difference would be small, especially at 1440P.

Back
Top Bottom