• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
For months I left my ram in sig at default of 1333mhz, finally got round to setting XMP, 2400mhz c10. Didn't notice any difference in game. Even clocking the CPU to 4.7ghz doesn't feel much better than stock. Lately for bf4 I've started running lowest settings and capping fps to 60. Game still looks ok, I can see people a bit better. But the major change has been the temp drops, top gpu only hits 38c and CPU maxing at 64c. A 40c Ono drop on the gpu, 10c on the CPU.

Associate
For months I left my ram in sig at default of 1333mhz, finally got round to setting XMP, 2400mhz c10. Didn't notice any difference in game. Even clocking the CPU to 4.7ghz doesn't feel much better than stock. Lately for bf4 I've started running lowest settings and capping fps to 60. Game still looks ok, I can see people a bit better. But the major change has been the temp drops, top gpu only hits 38c and CPU maxing at 64c. A 40c Ono drop on the gpu, 10c on the CPU.

All that power to run at low capped at 60? Just buy a console :p

Caporegime
Time for the water treatment.:)

The biggest benefit for me using water is having very cool case temps.

Id like to be able to afford to wc the whole lot Kaap, but ill unlikely stick with theese cards long. And watercooling is largely pointless on a non delidded 4790k as temps would be pretty similair to a cheap air cooler. I'm too wary of delidding incase I kill the CPU.:o

Soldato
Im really interested in this. Im running the with the 1600Mhz Vengeance Ram, with a 3770k and 970 sli. Things feel fine, but when I played on a mates with a similar spec with 2400Mhz ram, everything felt smoother! Does the ram really make a difference? I'm not that clued up on memory, but i've seen conflicting comments.

I found the article from Corsair..

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2013/october/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory

All i changed was the RAM so it must have been that. I sometimes stream to Twitch and it is so much smoother while streaming now.

Just a note that i do run the Mantle API and after an hour or so my RAM's total usage would go above 7GB and i suppose hitting 7GB with 8GB of RAM isnt optimal and was probably why it started to stutter or even crash BF4, im not getting any of that with the 16GB kit now but it feels smoother streaming or not. I see the difference but maybe not everybody will.

:)

Soldato
fellas i've just added a 2nd 290 tri-x and am now gaming at 1080p at 135% res scaling, but i've noticed i'm getting little CPU spikes now when i didn't before on a single card. i'm running a 3930k at 4.6...and mantle

Is anyone else getting these?

Caporegime
fellas i've just added a 2nd 290 tri-x and am now gaming at 1080p at 135% res scaling, but i've noticed i'm getting little CPU spikes now when i didn't before on a single card. i'm running a 3930k at 4.6...and mantle

Is anyone else getting these?

Hi Dave,

Try tweaking the Mantle frame pacing using a console command.

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 2
RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1

Default i believe is 1, but give both a try. I find 2 to lower fps a bit, but it does produce a flatter cpu line.

Soldato
yeah just been playing with those a bit will try 2 - thanks for speedy response

Off topic have you seen the price off that benq 1080 gsync on ocuk? £570!!! Ouch!! My 120hz benq - old 2420t was £270!!!

Associate
Well, i am really gonna make some time to make my video about fps and network. I have promised several times (well i have been testing mouse and laptop), but something always took my time. Basically, you can get 20-30 fps and better network registering, if that matter all for you guys. See it in video on youtube.

Caporegime
Hi Dave,

Try tweaking the Mantle frame pacing using a console command.

RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 2
RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1

Default i believe is 1, but give both a try. I find 2 to lower fps a bit, but it does produce a flatter cpu line.

yeah just been playing with those a bit will try 2 - thanks for speedy response

Off topic have you seen the price off that benq 1080 gsync on ocuk? £570!!! Ouch!! My 120hz benq - old 2420t was £270!!!

Did that help Dave?

Soldato
I've not had much change to check I'm afraid. I turned off trixx (was OCing my non OC tri-x to match clocks) and seemed to help a little bit. I may have had fraps running as well from earlier in the night. I'm going to look at turning c-states off in the bios as well and whether I have origin in game on. All could be the problem. Not sure if laggy servers show in the CPU graph as well. Will let you know

Caporegime
Might be time to run some Mantle VS DX11 4K benchmark/Frame variance comparisons in this game. Our DX driver is very well optimised in this title, so i wouldn't be surprised to see it offering performance as good as, if not better than Mantle. However Mantle will offer superior smoothness with not one ounce of stutter throughout the whole round, that is something DX11 will never deliver in this game.

Caporegime
that is something DX11 will never deliver in this game.
Gotta say it's been playing great for me lately. No stuttering, cant tell what it was in the last patch, but id hazard a guess that changes brought in from the CTE have made an enormous difference. CTE in itself is a whole different game mate, think bf3 level of smoothness/fluidity.:)

Caporegime
Gotta say it's been playing great for me lately. No stuttering, cant tell what it was in the last patch, but id hazard a guess that changes brought in from the CTE have made an enormous difference. CTE in itself is a whole different game mate, think bf3 level of smoothness/fluidity.:)

Swings and roundabouts sometimes though isn't it? :p

Back
Top Bottom