The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
Starlight got to use her powers this week!! She disabled a CCTV camera :cry:

Good reveal/twist this week! The team thought they had found someone they could use to destroy HL, turns out they have just doubled the threat - dun dun duuuuunnn!!

Associate
If Solider Boy is Homelander's dad then who is his mum? Stormfront? That might send him over the edge.
I think so as stormfront was the only other supe that could fly. Also as she founded herograsm with soilder boy i assume they are Eskimo brothers as well

Associate
I think so as stormfront was the only other supe that could fly. Also as she founded herograsm with soilder boy i assume they are Eskimo brothers as well
That's so wrong on so many levels, if that don't drive Homelander over the edge then I don't know what will. This season has been sooooooo good.

Man of Honour
So nobody gonna talk about A-train's heart transplant ?
That could go one of two ways I think. Either A Train will become a racist POS in series 4 because it was Blue Hawk's heart or he will gain Blue Hawk's strength on top of his own speed to help the others take on Homelander and Soldier Boy

Soldato
This weeks episode has absolutely cemented that Black Noir has no resemblance to his comic version outside of the name - shame they shelved that avenue for future seasons :(
At this point the comic is just a wall paper catalogue for the show, the closest character is Homelander but not a single character in this show can really be described as being an adaption of the comic characters.
All of the key comic plot points and story arc have been ditched which as you say means one of the best parts of the comic story is lost. Butcher is probably the worst of the depictions he has very little to do with his character.

The show is it's own thing based on the same premise and using the same branding. It's very good and has some of the most amazing horror comedy scenes that I've ever watched. But it barely qualifies as an adaption of the comic.

Associate
so when boys came out - i quickly read the first comic round a friends house - principle was the same, but some changes

but am i right in saying this now is completely different to the original material, i.e im sure homelander and black noir were clones in something i saw?

Soldato
Decent ending that has been building up all season,

thought that Maeve might sacrifice herself to help but didn't expect them to both survive, I guess this way they can bring her back in a later season if required. With how it ended with Homelander blowing the guys head off and the right wing now fully behind him S4 is going to feel ironically close to how the US is right now. Not quite sure how the squad thinks they can take town the headpopper now she's running for VP

Caporegime
Well finally got to see the breadth of Starlight's power and whilst I'm decidedly unimpressed with the result I was happy enough with the build-up as well as the continued inference that this is not the peak of her abilities. Almost thought they'd redeem Homelander there considering that he is technically a victim, but thankfully not. Clearly Soldier Boy is still relevant else they'd have not showed him being put back to sleep though that could just be intended to fool the viewer, however the only person I can think who'd free him is the headpopper. They're going to make the audience hate Ryan aren't they?

Associate
Decent ending that has been building up all season,

thought that Maeve might sacrifice herself to help but didn't expect them to both survive, I guess this way they can bring her back in a later season if required. With how it ended with Homelander blowing the guys head off and the right wing now fully behind him S4 is going to feel ironically close to how the US is right now. Not quite sure how the squad thinks they can take town the headpopper now she's running for VP

that little smile that Ryan give at the end, were he has realised he can do whatever he wants and no one will stop him

Man of Honour
That final episode wasn't quite as good as the previous few. But overall an excellent series. The Elton John score at the end was well suited to the scene too.

I'm getting a little fedup with (almost) no-one actually dying though. They almost always seem to survive whatever is thrown at them.

Back
Top Bottom