The Boys (Amazon Prime)

I think the most of the starlighter/boys stuff has been fairly lacking even when there's action it doesn't feel all that important, but butcher's story has been much more put together thankfully.

I enjoyed the episode, but............

the animals falling from the sky made me chuckle, but the flying animals? It just looked a bit too absurd. I don't know if i enjoyed the farm piece or not!

They way Ryan went from wanting to help people to enjoying watching them have the **** kicked out them, in literal seconds, is a hard sell.
Is it?

It's pretty obvious what they're going for here, that seemingly good intentions from 'nice people' are actually a load of hot garbage the moment they find someone they can abuse because they're 'bad'.

Last edited:
Is it?

It's pretty obvious what they're going for here, that seemingly good intentions from 'nice people' are actually a load of hot garbage the moment they find someone they can abuse because they're 'bad'.

If thats what they were going for then they missed. He was clearly traumatised from splatting that guy and was at a bit of a crossroads with his dad pulling him in one direction and his upbringing/butcher trying to pull him in another. He said he wanted to help people for real, not just fake it and the next moment hes watching someone else get the crap beaten out of them and enjoying it like a regular ol' psycho.

At this point I'm not fussed by the side character storylines as they just aren't that interesting this season. Starlight is dull, whiney and entitled, frenchie has gone from being one of the cooler characters to crying about killing people, I don't care about A-train and his 'redemption arc'. The 2 new supes are pointless additions. Just give me more homelander/butcher with a side helping of Deep.

It's still enjoyable and one of the better things around, but its not a patch in s1 or 3.

Completely forgot that this show had started its new season. Fully caught up now and it is a lot better than the previous season for sure. Frenchie's line (above) in the barn just made me LOL. Gotta love Kimiko's expression :D

How long does this romantic *** go on for? Half of three episodes in for season 4. Then there's that new super hero who keeps hinting about racism :rolleyes: . Does it get better?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom