Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Boris is trying to do this for the leadership... DC is leaving at the end of the current term and there is no competition at the moment, so all he'd have to do is wait?

I'm skeptical that Dave actually will go as he said he would - wouldn't be the first promise he's broken. George Osborne is the heir apparent and imo will become PM if indeed DC does quit and we vote to stay in the EU.

I don't think Boris has any principles here, he's clearly doing it for his own career progression and looking at the latest polls, he may well have backed the losing side.

i think boris would have backed an exit regardless of the political situation tbh.

it's kinda his line that Britain is brilliant and can make it on its own

Extreme nationalism will lead to the downfall of the EU within 5 years, and and you can quote me on that!
It's what happens when people feel cannot express themselves democratically I.e being in the EU.

i think it will take longer than that purely because of the 2 year minimum leaving period

Why destroy something when you can take it over?

The old EU will certainly die and the Federal state (with a very top down a approach) will begin, all the reasons for it to exist are strengthening by the day.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the Vote Leave political broadcast?

One of the worst party political broadcasts I have seen. Just lots of graphics with a map of Europe.

A joke advert to leave, their are lots of other arguments not mentioned..

Total focus on what if other countries join and money wasted when it could be put into the NHS..

I'll vote out but the advert could have been so much better..

I try to steer clear of politics whenever possible because I think it brings out the worst in people with their heated opinions (not dissimilar to playground scuffles) but always vote because purely because I can.

A typical election I would vote for the person or party I feel best represents my view on the country and how it would affect myself and the most vulnerable (as I would image most do) but this whole EU thing is just absolute chaos.

If the referendum was today I would not have a clue on what to vote.

I get a near daily bombardment of Leave/Remain emails full of "ifs and buts" on the future of the UK and just see the same thing mentioned on both sides it's actually giving me headaches.

Either way, I don't think the result will fix the underlying issues in this country but instead cause a dangerous rift amongst people.

The French are at it again! :mad: I give it three days before the French government cave into their demands.

Lucky French that they are allowed to protest. I do believe that protesting and disrupting fuel supplies is a criminal offence in the UK now.

Strange how perfect, we must be part of the club Europe did nothing to stop us being bullied and our peaceful right to protest was taken away yet the European Court of human rights stayed quiet.

Along with the Labour Government training up 1000 Soldiers to be tanker drivers without commons consultation.

Either way, I don't think the result will fix the underlying issues in this country but instead cause a dangerous rift amongst people.

The rift is already quite visible. On one side you have nationalists, nativits, xenophobes and those who feel left behind(working class and older people). On the other you have progressives, hipsters, euro federalists and those who are more optimistic about the future(highly skilled and young people).

Before you go 'I have 2 degrees and i'm out!', my estimations are relative not absolute.

The rift is already quite visible. On one side you have nationalists, nativits, xenophobes and those who feel left behind(working class and older people). On the other you have progressives, hipsters, euro federalists and those who are more optimistic about the future(highly skilled and young people).

Before you go 'I have 2 degrees and i'm out!', my estimations are relative not absolute.

Good lord, that is the worst thing I have read on here so far.

Comedy gold.

Why? You fit it in perfectly with your worried about immigrant birth rates xenophobia.

You blatantly think that remainers are better, more intelligent and successful people than leavers.

And you've done the classic hard left trick of labelling me as xenophobic because I am concerned about immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom