Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The rift is already quite visible. On one side you have nationalists, nativits, xenophobes and those who feel left behind(working class and older people). On the other you have progressives, hipsters, euro federalists and those who are more optimistic about the future(highly skilled and young people).

Before you go 'I have 2 degrees and i'm out!', my estimations are relative not absolute.
Lolzethor.

Are you actually like this in real life?

Associate
When this all started I was neutral maybe leaning slightly towards staying. But I'm now on the leave side. I feel the government has overplayed the scare-mongering to a point I can't take anything they say seriously anymore.

I think if they had come out neutral and said here are the Pros and here are the Con's of staying in Europe and treated the public as equals and jut laid out the facts and figures, not just trying to spin there own agenda, We would have a much better view on what is best for the whole country.

But they didn't. Now we have the Spin doctoring from both sides, both shouting out useless facts and figures of what will happen. We could be £1000s worse off, or better off. And of cause Leaving could cause WW3 :)

Soldato
The rift is already quite visible. On one side you have nationalists, nativits, xenophobes and those who feel left behind(working class and older people). On the other you have progressives, hipsters, euro federalists and those who are more optimistic about the future(highly skilled and young people).

Before you go 'I have 2 degrees and i'm out!', my estimations are relative not absolute.

A very derogative post I must say, so much intelligence you must have it hard to deal with all us silly plebs on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Soldato

You can count the amount of highly skilled young people coming out of University on one hand. How many Sociology degrees do we need as a country?

Soldato
You can count the amount of highly skilled young people coming out of University on one hand. How many Sociology degrees do we need as a country?

More pessimism and these are the same people who are voting to leave. If you have a such a dim view of the UK, why not hang on the coat tails of the EU.

Your life might suck, but the UK has one of the best educated workforces in the world.

Secondly, you don't become highly skilled without going through many years of work combined with university/training. That alone speaks volumes about your opinion on whether someone is highly skilled or not.

You'd be surprised what many sociology students end up doing. They aren't as jaded with reality as you are.

Soldato
I'm not saying you lads are all foreigner hating unskilled morons. But you are on the same side as foreigner hating unskilled morons. Furthermore, you're on the wrong side of history too, along with Trump, Farage, Le Pen or Putin. Even if politics need a shake up, even if the rich are going too far with their greed, we don't need dangerous, obsolete ideologies to fix our problems.

Austria has just dodged a bullet. We will probably do the same in 3 weeks. Life will go on, there's room for everyone and for almost every belief in the Western world. The rest of the world is not so fortunate so do try to not regress our society back to that, will you?:)

Soldato

Wow.

So hipsters are highly skilled young people? Hipsters, according to Google who are generally "pretentious, overly trendy or effete". Not sure that makes sense.

Euro federalists...they generally think of the EU as some form of benevolent, intelligent, guiding light for the greater common good. It really isn't , it's anti-democratic, elitist, corporatist, bureaucratic, wasteful and frankly stinks of an elite trying to control too many people from the top down. So it isn't what those people think.

For the record, I don't have 2 degrees but 1, am 29, professional and am optimistic for the future. Outside of the EU, that is. Within it we lose further democracy to greater integration or "harmonisation" as they like to say. More countries, more powers, further and faster integration as per usual. No thanks.

Caporegime
Zethor out of curiosity whats your education/job/age since you seem to br making a big deal of it.

Oh and wrong side of history.

I can think of one famous country that broke away independently from a large governing empire....

Caporegime
Wow.

So hipsters are highly skilled young people? Hipsters, according to Google who are generally "pretentious, overly trendy or effete". Not sure that makes sense.

Euro federalists...they generally think of the EU as some form of benevolent, intelligent, guiding light for the greater common good. It really isn't , it's anti-democratic, elitist, corporatist, bureaucratic, wasteful and frankly stinks of an elite trying to control too many people from the top down. So it isn't what those people think.

For the record, I don't have 2 degrees but 1, am 29, professional and am optimistic for the future. Outside of the EU, that is. Within it we lose further democracy to greater integration or "harmonisation" as they like to say. More countries, more powers, further and faster integration as per usual. No thanks.

Hipsters are nearly universally low/unskilled service sector workers.

Bar/shop/cafe staff

Soldato
I'm not saying you lads are all foreigner hating unskilled morons. But you are on the same side as foreigner hating unskilled morons. Furthermore, you're on the wrong side of history too, along with Trump, Farage, Le Pen or Putin. Even if politics need a shake up, even if the rich are going too far with their greed, we don't need dangerous, obsolete ideologies to fix our problems.

Austria has just dodged a bullet. We will probably do the same in 3 weeks. Life will go on, there's room for everyone and for almost every belief in the Western world. The rest of the world is not so fortunate so do try to not regress our society back to that, will you?:)
A few more votes for Brexit.
icon14.gif

Soldato
More pessimism and these are the same people who are voting to leave. If you have a such a dim view of the UK, why not hang on the coat tails of the EU.

Your life might suck, but the UK has one of the best educated workforces in the world.

Secondly, you don't become highly skilled without going through many years of work combined with university/training. That alone speaks volumes about your opinion on whether someone is highly skilled or not.

You'd be surprised what many sociology students end up doing. They aren't as jaded with reality as you are.

I was only half kidding, I'm sorry if I belittled your education.

Soldato

Bar/shop/cafe staff

We have different definitions of hipsters then.

Hipsters are normally the children of middle class parents who went to university, and generally are pretty affluent.

You think Hipsters in London pay their ridiculously high rents from low skilled jobs?

Hipsters are probably best known in New York again where they are pretty affluent.

edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(contemporary_subculture)

As well the general description given above, the 1990s through to today section is the most relevant bit for who hipsters are today.

Last edited:
Soldato

Bar/shop/cafe staff

^^^ Nail on head as my brother is one of them.

University educated and works in a coffee shop at 29. :rolleyes:

Some people don't need education past seniors or year 11 or what ever it is now called to be educated. Some people learn on their own without established means.

I am totally uneducated I left school with nothing, but I know more than most and don't even know why or how.

I suppose its how you look at the world, the way I see it university education seems to narrow the mind.
But if your a thick person like myself, you can do and think how you like and not be told by anyone that its a right or wrong way of thinking.

As for Austria that was rigged, just as the brexit vote will be. :mad:

I really do hope, hand on heart we vote out and stick it to the establishment good and hard. ;)

Soldato

I really do hope, hand on heart we vote out and stick it to the establishment good and hard. ;)

Hey, maybe if you learnt a bit more you wouldn't see conspiracies everywhere and lead a less stressful life.

Know more than most? That's a pretty arrogant statement, especially if you're relatively young.

Caporegime
^^^ Nail on head as my brother is one of them.

University educated and works in a coffee shop at 29. :rolleyes:

Some people don't need education past seniors or year 11 or what ever it is now called to be educated. Some people learn on their own without established means.

I am totally uneducated I left school with nothing, but I know more than most and don't even know why or how.

I suppose its how you look at the world, the way I see it university education seems to narrow the mind.
But if your a thick person like myself, you can do and think how you like and not be told by anyone that its a right or wrong way of thinking.

Same here. I left school with 2 grade C GCSE's at English and media studies and I ended up in the diplomatic service above Oxford and Cambridge educated staff. Uni just doesn't mean what it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom