Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think it's now becoming very clear the doom mongering is really working with the poll of polls now showing a big 8% lead to Stay.
All the individual polls are showing Stay by different amounts one by a massive 18% which wasn't the case before the massive boils and locusts campaign got really going.
The campaign to Leave I think is now very lost as the campaign just cannot remotely compete with the whole of the Govt. machine.
I can't see any way at all that an Out vote can possibly make up such a huge margin.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Zethor out of curiosity whats your education/job/age since you seem to br making a big deal of it.

Oh and wrong side of history.

I can think of one famous country that broke away independently from a large governing empire....

I too would be interested in knowing this, and what his ethnicity is as well, seeing he has such strong feelings about indigenous English daring to dislike or even discuss the idea of massive influxes of foreigners ;) Could such an educated and forward looking character have a flaw, like a chip on his shoulder? :)

Normally it would be impolite to ask such questions, but etiquette is obviously not something his education touched upon, or a subject that went over his head.

Associate
I think / correct me if wrong but the government can no longer campaign for remain as it's in the final stages. Hopefully leave will climb back now.

The debates, if you can call them that will boost leave I'm sure of it.

I honestly can't believe some people believe anything what's come out of the government's mouth I mean it's literally figures plucked from thin air.

Thats 18% lead for remain, is that the one who's just put all the "don't know" to leave side instead of spreading it equally?

Man of Honour
I think it's now becoming very clear the doom mongering is really working with the poll of polls now showing a big 8% lead to Stay.
All the individual polls are showing Stay by different amounts one by a massive 18% which wasn't the case before the massive boils and locusts campaign got really going.
The campaign to Leave I think is now very lost as the campaign just cannot remotely compete with the whole of the Govt. machine.
I can't see any way at all that an Out vote can possibly make up such a huge margin.

I've always thought that Remain would get a boost at the end. People talk bravely of taking a chance on Leave. But as the vote draws near and they need to make a firm decision then many will err on the side of the familiar.

After wavering a bit and being undecided I have remained Out for the last month. I genuinely feel at this point in time that the long term benefits for my chukdren are greater outside of the current EU. I wpuld love for us to be in a genuinely reformed EU but I can't see that happening if we vote to Remain. If anything it would push us further down a road I can't agree with. Project Fear has just made me wonder why they are so desperate for us to stay In.

One thing I am certain of, though, depsite being a fairly traditional conservative voter, is that I can't vote for them again while Cameron or Osborne are prime minister. I think their handling of the referendum has been to take us all for fools. There is an aspect of that on the Leave side too. But only a short while ago Cameron was saying he could campaign for Leave if he didn't get the reforms he asked for and Britain is strong enough to survive outside of the EU. Now he is almost threatening plagues of locusts. I simply can't support that sort of hipocrasy in the future.

Currently voting Out. Still open to persuasion but I don't see any compelling argument to do so at this point.

Associate
No compelling argument for remain, it's all about scarestories if you leave.

I'll wait for the Human and workers rights and cheaper phone bills comment. Laughable

Soldato
Historically from referendums across other countries you do generally get a surge at the end for the status quo (Remain in this case) as the undecideds opt for no change.

An interesting article in the Telegraph yesterday actually showed the older vote had swung to Remain for the first time in this whole debate, which was a surprise.

Also, women are likely to be the big deciders in this, as polling shows them currently to be the biggest undecided group currently.

Soldato
Cams going on about cheaper mobile roaming charges and holidays today. It really is pathetic.

It's hilarious because 100mb of data for 24 hours costs £5 in Spain. It's not even as though I get my regular tariff abroad, it's still a rip off.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think / correct me if wrong but the government can no longer campaign for remain as it's in the final stages. Hopefully leave will climb back now.

The debates, if you can call them that will boost leave I'm sure of it.

I honestly can't believe some people believe anything what's come out of the government's mouth I mean it's literally figures plucked from thin air.

Thats 18% lead for remain, is that the one who's just put all the "don't know" to leave side instead of spreading it equally?

There's purdah - which means in the run up to an election, civil servants aren't allowed to work on things relating to that election. Government ministers are still able to campaign naturally though. Not sure if purdah has happened yet.

I saw that Telegraph poll showing that old people are now saying they're going to vote to stay in the EU. I think Osborne's intervention with house prices last week was a despicable master stroke that will strike a chord with the baby boomers (the most selfish generation in history).

Soldato
Also, women are likely to be the big deciders in this, as polling shows them currently to be the biggest undecided group currently.

Women are often the biggest swing voters. I remember reading that in the 20th Century since women had the vote, there would have been no Conservative Government without women voters. The other nugget in the same article was there would have been no Labour Governments until 1997 if Scotland wasn't in the Union.

I generally don't know what to make of the polls at the moment. the apparent Remain swing dismays me. I tend to agree that the status quo often has an in built last minute bounce so I'm not confident of a Leave result.

I don't know how I'd feel living in a Britain that has decided it doesn't have the confidence to govern itself (which is how I feel about it btw, not a citation provided peer reviewed claim).

Associate
That house prices scare drop is disgusting, it's literally forecasting growth but then adding it may not grow as quickly so they call it a house pricing fall. Madness

Soldato
I too would be interested in knowing this, and what his ethnicity is as well, seeing he has such strong feelings about indigenous English daring to dislike or even discuss the idea of massive influxes of foreigners ;) Could such an educated and forward looking character have a flaw, like a chip on his shoulder? :)

Normally it would be impolite to ask such questions, but etiquette is obviously not something his education touched upon, or a subject that went over his head.

I'm Vulcan. Live long and prosper. \V/,

Caporegime

That's the one:

Today we lead on the story that the majority of older voters, Conservative supporters and men are now backing the campaign to stay in the EU following a collapse in support for Brexit, a new poll for the Telegraph shows.

An exclusive poll for The Telegraph finds that the Remain campaign now has a 13-point lead with just one month until the referendum.

The latest ORB poll puts Remain on 55 per cent and Leave trailing on 42 per cent, among people who definitely intend to vote.

Amongst all voters, the Remain campaign now has a 20-point lead, with 58 per cent of voters saying they back the pro-EU campaign.

In an analysis of the data, Sir Lynton Crosby, who masterminded the Conservative Party’s general election victory last year, warns that the Leave campaign is “dwindling” and has “failed to quell ongoing concerns about the financial and economic consequences of a Brexit”.

The poll finds that men, Tory voters and over-65s are increasingly turning to the pro-EU campaign after previously supporting a Brexit in much larger numbers.

It seems Britons are increasingly desperate to remain in the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom