Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It really is though, we stay in, we continue along to path to federal Europe, we would have control over the speed of travel, but not the direction.

There is simply no way we'd become just a 'state' in a federal Europe without further referendum both here and in other member states. It's just not conceivable however much some people love to believe it would be.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29543026 said:
There is simply no way we'd become just a 'state' in a federal Europe without further referendum both here and in other member states. It's just not conceivable however much some people love to believe it would be.

Comedy gold if you think that, the future is well and truly a European superstate it's been mentioned countless times by the EU elite.

Man of Honour
Oh I see, you just need 'foresight'.

So basically it's a guess, based on 'where things are heading'.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine - mine is that such a dramatic and far reaching change as to effectively dissolve individual countries doesn't just randomly happen. If it was ever on the table, it would be the subject of a further referendum. We've ended up with two of them for far less wide reaching changes/circumstances, after all!

Suspended
I really don't understand why you insist on being such a sarcastic douche.

It's obvious that closer and closer integration is going to happen. Why argue? It's like suggesting the Sun won't rise in the morning. It will happen; the only questions are around when and which countries will be involved.

I am not debating whether we'd be offered a referendum in such circumstances, I was specifically debating your contention that we aren't heading towards a 'United States of Europe'. I'll wager with you now if you wish - it's easy money.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29543026 said:
We've already seen that all your future assertions on the EU are based on it being completely static from this point on.

Don
It's almost like they're taking our freedom one small step at a time, whilst blind liberals think it's progressive

And what freedoms would those be that the EU have taken from us?

Personally, I feel more free in the EU than I would outside of it. I have the freedom to work anywhere I want in the EU. I can travel without papers anywhere I like. I can be sure that I won't suffer discrimination in the workplace because of my disabilities. I'm free to not get ripped off by manufacturers who won't stand by their products for 2 years. I'm free to not have to pay through the nose for my mobile when I'm abroad. I'm free to not be forced by my employer to work excessive house. I'm free to have time off when my children are born.

Yup. I don't want any of those things in my life.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;29543026 said:

The only reason we have a referendum now is to satisfy internal Conservative infighting.

Soldato

To be fair tho, along with all the Jihad's that happen to be Muslim, which people like BF and UKIP tar everyone with the same brush.... I see a white, skin head man, with tattoo's and think, "yup racists"... Have also heard and seen someone of that exact description treating none white people in that way!

But thankfully am not a complete pig ignorant scum bag and understand that the minority do not represent the majority!

Soldato
And what freedoms would those be that the EU have taken from us?

Personally, I feel more free in the EU than I would outside of it. I have the freedom to work anywhere I want in the EU. I can travel without papers anywhere I like. I can be sure that I won't suffer discrimination in the workplace because of my disabilities. I'm free to not get ripped off by manufacturers who won't stand by their products for 2 years. I'm free to not have to pay through the nose for my mobile when I'm abroad. I'm free to not be forced by my employer to work excessive house. I'm free to have time off when my children are born.

Yup. I don't want any of those things in my life.

Those are all great things, genuinely, but we should've been able to get them through our own Political system - the EU wasn't necessary to get improved workers rights.

Soldato
True, but recently it's really only been the only body actually doing anything for them.

That's our fault as an electorate then, it's our responsibility to elect governments that focus on the things we want, we shouldn't have to give away our ability to elect the people who make our laws.

Man of Honour
I am not debating whether we'd be offered a referendum in such circumstances, I was specifically debating your contention that we aren't heading towards a 'United States of Europe'. I'll wager with you now if you wish - it's easy money.

My point is that we wouldn't end up in one without further referendum, so this referendum isn't about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom