Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
"Ryanair" - Leaving loonies :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36382471

Gotta love Ryanair. Company made profits of over €1 billion in 6 months.

"The Leave campaign must be getting really desperate if they're objecting to low-fare air travel for British citizens.

"With less than four weeks to go, we will continue to work hard to help deliver a resounding Remain majority on 23 June - and ensure that the Leave loonies don't ban low-fare air travel too."

Man of Honour
As irrational as it sounds, I'd vote leave on the basis of project fear alone.

You're right - that sounds irrational.

Vote based on your genuine belief about the best situation, not on the basis of who has annoyed you most from the respective campaigns.

They are both at it. Ignore the campaigns and look for yourself.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29545947 said:
You're right - that sounds irrational.

Vote based on your genuine belief about the best situation, not on the basis of who has annoyed you most from the respective campaigns.

They are both at it. Ignore the campaigns and look for yourself.

It's telling though when the government is having to resort to all but predicting Armageddon when Dave's previously said we'll be fine out of the EU

Associate
Latest immigration figures are shocking. A betrayal of the country by Camoron and his cronies.

The insane and uncontrolled immigration should be enough to make everyone vote to leave. It's effectively the last chance to save what little remains of the country.

Soldato
It's telling though when the government is having to resort to all but predicting Armageddon when Dave's previously said we'll be fine out of the EU

Almost as bad as all the lies coming from Leave. I miss the days when I was able to buy bunch of more than 2 bananas in my local supermarket. :rolleyes:

Caporegime
No, I did not say it was the only factor, I said it was the biggest factor, which it is.

What ever you think, quality of life is very high in the uk. We're ranked 14th and if you want better quality if life you need more GDP per capita to spend on people.

Or a more evenly distributed GDP percapita.

Caporegime
The biggest problem we have had with immigration is Islam and Muslims and the bringing of their culture.

Leaving the EU won't solve this. In fact it might increase as we negotiate trade deals with old commonwealth countries.

It could lead to an increase in free trade and as a direct result freer movement from countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, India etc.

Is this what we want?

Soldato
Our treaties with the EU are really no different in kind to the host of other international agreements we've made where we agree to compromise with other nations and be bound by rules we've both agreed on.

They are not the same.

1) Public international law is generally consent based, i.e. the UK gives its consent to be bound by an international treaty agreement, e.g. law of the sea, international criminal law. This does not impact our sovereignty.

2) The EU exerts supranational law on all its members, i.e. we don't need to give consent, the ECJ is currently supreme over our courts and the Supremacy of EU law applies. This impacts our sovereignty.

Pretty much every country in the world gets involved in point 1) above, the US and many other countries wouldn't dream in getting involved in 2) above.

In extent, yes, the EU goes further than most but it's also much more democratically accountable than any other international body and brings more benefits to the UK and the British people.

I just can't believe you still think the EU is "democratically accountable." :o

Associate
Alex Salmond saying there is no advantage in having a doctor who speaks your language,
laughable, the blokes a fool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom