Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So more people from India and Pakistan for example (which many people complain about)? I'm not sure you'd get many Aussie doctors (to use the example above your post) as only someone really desperate to sample British life would want to take a pay cut and work longer hours.

It's the same issue with many other professions. The UK just doesn't pay enough compared to most other english speaking nations, meaning immigrants filling the jobs will be coming from poorer countries, quite possibly with english as a second language.

I have no problem with Indian Doctors, my GP is Indian. But there's more countries than just those 2 in the world, and there are more countries than just the one's in the EU we should be looking at to recruit people.

To me the the Remain group seem to think Leave want to close the door to the world, where as for me it would be opening the door to all those countries outside of the EU and treating everyone the same, whether they're in Europe or South America.

Soldato
Caporegime
It's in the press, but it's difficult to tell truth from sensationalisim at the moment.

Yes I was sort of hoping there might be something a bit more concrete than the entire population (almost) of Africa will be winging its way to Europe, and then of course to the UK.

But then Itchy is several apples short of a picnic, so to speak.

Caporegime
What's this news got to do with the EU referendum?

Highlighting the feeble efforts of EU member states to work together to agree any sort of effective plan to address the migrant crisis maybe? Today's announcement from our government reeks of making-up-as-we-go-along and "we must do something".

Man of Honour
By the way the pro EU crowd, the is word that 100,000,000 from Africa are heading to Europe this summer.

What you going to do about that, if you IN the EU????? :confused:

This number is so ridiculous but even if it were not, what are you going to do about it if you are out of the EU? Our membership makes no difference to an issue like that and their ability to enter the UK is the same whether in or out. They are non EU citizens.

You can't honestly brand people mental cases yet in the same post claim a hundred million Africans are coming !?

Caporegime
And yet you think in the event of an EU exit, they'll suddenly wise up and the migrant crisis will be resolved?

Nope, I think the EU is ultimately doomed to failure without proper reform and it is incapable of reforming itself. We're better off out of it so we can try to at least insulate ourselves as much as possible for when it all goes wrong, which sadly doesn't look too far off now.

Soldato
They probably think they'll be able to nick whatever stuff the refugees have then kill them.

Who are these people? Could you show me someone who's actually made anything close to the kind of comments you're suggesting they have? I've met BNP members before and even though they were clearly racist idiots (though they did mention the Asian gangs abusing children before it eventually came out that was true), they didn't want to kill anyone.

Permabanned
What's this news got to do with the EU referendum?

Whilst I guess most people will see the relevance I can explain it in more depth for you. This signifies how weak the EU is over migration. They are sending ships ostensibly to deter or stop illegal migrants from landing in Europe, yet in reality they are acting as ferries to rescue these people from International waters and bring them to the EU, safely, and free of charge. Far from deterring the migrants they will be seeing how the EU are aiding them, and it will reassure them to attempt more crossings.

The referendum allows UK citizens to look at how the EU is handling such a crisis and judge them by it, and to vote as to whether they wish to remain, or leave.

Soldato
Everyone "bothered" by immigration was already in the exit camp so all the shouting about imo's and benefits has completely put off any voters who have concerns about, democracy, foreign policy, legal jurisdiction, corruption an eu army et al.

Soldato
Very much in. Sure the whole EU setup has its flaws but overall I like the system and as with the Scottish referendum most of the noise is coming from people who want out and have no real reason to do so other than they hate immigrants.

Associate
Very much in. Sure the whole EU setup has its flaws but overall I like the system and as with the Scottish referendum most of the noise is coming from people who want out and have no real reason to do so other than they hate immigrants.

So you're saying that roughly half the population are racists then.

Soldato
Everyone "bothered" by immigration was already in the exit camp so all the shouting about imo's and benefits has completely put off any voters who have concerns about, democracy, foreign policy, legal jurisdiction, corruption an eu army et al.

So basically no one can talk about immigration because it's perceived as racist by people who are idiots. This is the exact reason we're in this situation to begin with.

Soldato
So basically no one can talk about immigration because it's perceived as racist by people who are idiots. This is the exact reason we're in this situation to begin with.

What exactly is the situation? Out of control immigration or stagnant wages for the poor/middle class while the upper class wealth balloons? Evidence suggest the latter.

Permabanned
Actually, whatever the result of this referendum, I have never heard so many usually self absorbed and quiet people speak openly about their fears of excess immigration and the swamping of Europe by uncontrolled and often violent masses. They were timid about broaching such subjects, but the constant banter on the media has given them impetus to utter their thoughts.

Someone just asked, possibly tongue in cheek if half the UK population is "racist". It may well be, it depends on how you define racism. Many people prefer one race of people over another. Just the same as they prefer some trees over others, or some breeds of cat or dog. They may be in unreasonable fear of mentioning they prefer some races over others, but nonetheless they have these thoughts. No legislation will remove that.

One only has to look at football supporters and "their" teams to see tribalism, another form of racism, active and well. It will not go away any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom