Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What's really sad about this whole thing is the debate seems to be centred around a few superficial issues that ignore the real issues about the future of the world economy etc etc that we should be focusing on. The smoke screen of immigration, security and sovereignty has been neatly played by both sides.

Soldato
So, the Leave campaign are using the £350m/week figure in their advertising despite it being utterly debunked by the ONS and the UKSA. Political advertising is exempt from ASA rules so they can say whatever they want no matter how false it is.

Madness.

Permabanned
Just watching a live broadcast of Corbyn speaking on the BBC news channel about the EU referendum and the red balloons and placards keep flickering to Tory blue all the time ;)

Has Boris another super power at his disposal?

Soldato
What's really sad about this whole thing is the debate seems to be centred around a few superficial issues that ignore the real issues about the future of the world economy etc etc that we should be focusing on. The smoke screen of immigration, security and sovereignty has been neatly played by both sides.

Agree except for neatly played by both sides, remain have played it perfectly while exit have shot them selves in both feet and their knees, imho this is why Boris is off his game he understands the issues but knows most of his supporters are biggots who he hates.

Soldato
What exactly is the situation? Out of control immigration or stagnant wages for the poor/middle class while the upper class wealth balloons? Evidence suggest the latter.

Both, but out of control immigration numbers is the main thing we can control out of the EU.

Soldato
Why cant people be more pragmatic ? their are pros and cons on both sides yet people fail to see them..

In the end for me it comes down to democracy and knowing who knows best for the UK and that's got to be ourselves..

Associate
What exactly is the situation? Out of control immigration or stagnant wages for the poor/middle class while the upper class wealth balloons? Evidence suggest the latter.
I'm guessing you're using that line of questioning to bait an answer you can flag as racist? Here is you're answer from other people and not myself though.

From France, woman speaking of issues in local area
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAQX74yRyc

From Germany, mayor telling people to not walk next to migrants or where they used to travel. Did the cologne sex attacks already slip past your memory?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdSsJQ-fvOU

Sweden has had issues with roaming gangs (not implying all over to a terrible degree but it happens), here's a nice snippet from integration in the UK though.
http://news.sky.com/story/1696898/hundreds-of-pupils-hidden-in-illegal-schools

It'd be easy to go on and on and trail through hundreds of links of sex attacks like the ones in rotherham which were largely by a certain minority group as well but I'm not racist and don't want to actively go on a campaign of fuelling migration hate. The idea though is that you present the argument that migration has no issues through ignorance and pretending there are no cultural differences (just like the sharia courts which are allowed to operate in the UK and the above link showing hidden schools across several areas just like the sex attacks in rotherham wasn't just that town but also quite a few other cities) where your arguments are simply based on ignorance and ignoring even recent events. It's easy to win an argument if you're biased and ignoring the issues. I've just pointed to several issues within the UK alone and how it is also happening in other countries not to mention the swing of popularity in far right votes in Europe that nearly caused Australia to have a far right leader. You think everyone in every country is randomly racist? The votes are usually made (in some part to ignorance of course) mostly from people who have had bad experiences with other races or seen a lack of mixing together. You probably find it easy to assume racists were just born racist and hate people for fun but you ever thought there can simply be cultural differences, bad integration and problems like mentioned above? Nope, cos you're ignorant too :p Money isn't everything either.

So, the Leave campaign are using the £350m/week figure in their advertising despite it being utterly debunked by the ONS and the UKSA. Political advertising is exempt from ASA rules so they can say whatever they want no matter how false it is.

Madness.
Same as the false £4,300 worse off we'll all be used by the in campaign. There's misinformation on either side sadly and even the reports are often misleading.

http://news.sky.com/story/1700769/so-whats-fishy-about-treasury-brexit-report

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sure the 59% of posters on here will be thrilled you reckon they're all Xenophobic.
Left wing people seem to have a phobia over other political views, it's as if they absolutely fear that if we tightened the borders even a little and aimed to make migrants integrate better that the 7 hells would rise up to claim us all and anarchy would roam the streets. Well we saw the anarchy and it was calais, cologne and rotherham. None of that was caused by the far right so we always need a balance but it looks like ignorance is on the rise and reverse racism where we penalise our own people and shout down any views they may have on anyone else is somehow the norm. Mix that with weighted words like racism where you get idiots like gordon brown and pat glass showing that it's easier to call people racist than to actually try and resolve issues and you end up with stupid PC culture as usual. I hope we stay leaning left but not slippery slope sliding left constantly as it's getting to the point where you can't even have an opinion without being called racist. You can't seem to get left wingers who are realists nowadays though.

Anyway it's a stupid argument, you can't convince people on the internet to grow up so it's a lost cause. On the other hand in the EU debate there was that recent funny hiccup with harriet harman not being able to name any of the 7 top EU leaders while spouting that she can't see any reason we should leave. Like she wants us to keep having EU rule while having no idea who is in power. It makes my point again though that the EU is a failure democratically because it lacks transparency so even with democratic processes it's just not visible even to some UK polticians! If that isn't enough to convince people that the quality of democracy with the EU based on how far removed it is from the people is very low then they must need juncker and pals to live on the dark side of the moon before they recognise any issue with democracy this far removed from the average public view.

Associate
Left wing people seem to have a phobia over other political views, it's as if they absolutely fear that if we tightened the borders even a little and aimed to make migrants integrate better that the 7 hells would rise up to claim us all and anarchy would roam the streets. Well we saw the anarchy and it was calais, cologne and rotherham. None of that was caused by the far right so we always need a balance but it looks like ignorance is on the rise and reverse racism where we penalise our own people and shout down any views they may have on anyone else is somehow the norm. Mix that with weighted words like racism where you get idiots like gordon brown and pat glass showing that it's easier to call people racist than to actually try and resolve issues and you end up with stupid PC culture as usual. I hope we stay leaning left but not slippery slope sliding left constantly as it's getting to the point where you can't even have an opinion without being called racist. You can't seem to get left wingers who are realists nowadays though.

Anyway it's a stupid argument, you can't convince people on the internet to grow up so it's a lost cause. On the other hand in the EU debate there was that recent funny hiccup with harriet harman not being able to name any of the 7 top EU leaders while spouting that she can't see any reason we should leave. Like she wants us to keep having EU rule while having no idea who is in power. It makes my point again though that the EU is a failure democratically because it lacks transparency so even with democratic processes it's just not visible even to some UK polticians! If that isn't enough to convince people that the quality of democracy with the EU based on how far removed it is from the people is very low then they must need juncker and pals to live on the dark side of the moon before they recognise any issue with democracy this far removed from the average public view.

Top post.

Associate
You do know that Sharia Courts have no legal powers right? They operate under the same rules as a school who wanted to set up a 'junior court' for pupils or if you wanted to created 'Instanties' Court' in your house to discipline your children.
They don't need to have legal power, yes I was aware of it but do you think heavily religious people who practice daily and would be willing to go there with other people (so it's also a cultural and peer pressure thing) would apply no credibility in there own mind to it's decisions? It's decisions based on there own religious beliefs? I'm not in a position to judge people for it but of course there are times they would be shunned or pressured socially to accept such things whether it's in UK law or not. To assume that it has no prospect of causing social division and cultures operating upon inward self governance (of course I am merely pointing out an issue and in no way ascribe this to be a majority problem) is just what I was arguing against earlier, running away from the issues and being ignorant of the problem. If we're assuming all rulings in a sharia court would be passed straight to the UK courts for there opinion then sure, but that's not the case. Some would walk off and obey there religious doctrine regardless of UK law and having those sharia courts then causes that division of social and religious culture vs UK law. I won't pretend I know how many there are or how big a problem it is because I don't but there existence highlights an inward trend, not an outward one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom