Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Your right, i think my constituency should take back sovereignty and leave the UK. Why should i have to contribute to the big wigs in parliament when they are just interested in pouring money into their own pockets and in central London?!

I am sick of out of towners commuting to my home town and stealing our jobs!

The cost of living up north is so much cheaper than in Surrey, yet i know people who commute for financial benefit, just to take their money back to their borough and spend it in their shops!

If a bloke from Manchester asked me where i'm from, i wouldn't say England, i would say Weybridge!

That's mildly hilarious, but i'm afraid its terribly missing the point.

While its lovely to think in human terms, its not efficient as someone from Manchester will speak the same language to someone from Surrey (hopefully), they wont to someone from Lithuania.

Being European means practically nothing, the only thing we share is war and there's been several millenia of war between us and only a few decades of peace... One cannot expect a society to converge with any actual interest without force or a gross amount of time (something the EU has no desire to wait for).

The problem is, if we give the EU an a force and then the EU gets handed to a bunch of far-righters, we've got a problem.

Caporegime
Like I said it's up to the government of the day. If we did vote to Leave the EU then it'd be hard for any government to ignore voter's concerns about immigration.

Here you are demonstrating your weird ability to disconnect two similar things.

How would it be hard for any uk government to ignore voters concerns any more post eu than they do now in the eu?

Associate
Surely this EU "army" is undermining NATO and a waste of time and money? But the EU excel at both. I wonder how good this EU army would be, our own UK military are already hamstrung by PC nonsense? God knows how tragically badly a bunch of EU bureaucrats could run a recruitment process.... :)
We need a quick and effective military decision. Quick, to the council of old farts from Europe :D Once we've had a discussion from all 20 or so countries we'll decide if any military action is needed and then we'll discuss what we need to do next since the operation has already failed due to slow processing :p

An EU army could be good in some ways (if it reduced overall spending on military needed as we joined armies to one larger army that left each individual country needing to contribute less) but I imagine it'll just be another money sink that will leave us with more obligations and red tape.

Caporegime
Here you are demonstrating your weird ability to disconnect two similar things.

How would it be hard for any uk government to ignore voters concerns any more post eu than they do now in the eu?

And you're demonstrating your complete lack of understanding of the subtle mechanics of government.

At the moment we're in the EU, so everyone just accepts that we can't control immigration. If we vote to Leave, that will change. If we vote to Brexit and the government of the day says we'll stay in the EEA and keep free movement then I can easily see trouble for that government.

Soldato
I dont see how an EU army is a waste. It does not replace any current army and will see less political abrasion when handling more sensitive political matters, like maybe if there was large riot in an EU country where people have lost faith in their government due to corruption. You wouldn't want to trust the local army because it may provoke violence from protesters but if an outside army was called, it may seem like they are there to protect both sides, so the presence of the army may be digested by the public easier.

Associate
I dont see how an EU army is a waste. It does not replace any current army and will see less political abrasion when handling more sensitive political matters, like maybe if there was large riot in an EU country where people have lost faith in their government due to corruption. You wouldn't want to trust the local army because it may provoke violence from protesters but if an outside army was called, it may seem like they are there to protect both sides, so the presence of the army may be digested by the public easier.

:eek:

Of course... Calling in a neighboring army won't provoke or escalate things further.

Caporegime
I have no problem with Indian Doctors, my GP is Indian. But there's more countries than just those 2 in the world, and there are more countries than just the one's in the EU we should be looking at to recruit people.

To me the the Remain group seem to think Leave want to close the door to the world, where as for me it would be opening the door to all those countries outside of the EU and treating everyone the same, whether they're in Europe or South America.

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be what many of your contemporaries believe. Anyway, i'm still not sure how leaving the EU will really make a difference here as all indications suggest we will still have free movement/right to work even if we left the EU. The only person arguing against this is Gove.

Either way, being in the EU does not stop us from hiring from outside it, it just makes it easier for doctors in the EU to start work here (after being vetted by the BMA).

Soldato
Surely this EU "army" is undermining NATO and a waste of time and money? But the EU excel at both. I wonder how good this EU army would be, our own UK military are already hamstrung by PC nonsense? God knows how tragically badly a bunch of EU bureaucrats could run a recruitment process.... :)

When you asked for people serving their opinions on in out I explained it then, and about 3 times before that.

This EU army misconception doesn't undermine NATO in the slightest, in fact it's pretty much just a pre organised force which would be mobilised when needed anyway.

Also none of us are 'hamstrung' by PC nonsense, unless you mean the Geneva convention which is a pretty odd way of describing it.

Caporegime
Whilst I guess most people will see the relevance I can explain it in more depth for you. This signifies how weak the EU is over migration. They are sending ships ostensibly to deter or stop illegal migrants from landing in Europe, yet in reality they are acting as ferries to rescue these people from International waters and bring them to the EU, safely, and free of charge. Far from deterring the migrants they will be seeing how the EU are aiding them, and it will reassure them to attempt more crossings.

The referendum allows UK citizens to look at how the EU is handling such a crisis and judge them by it, and to vote as to whether they wish to remain, or leave.

So what would you suggest instead? Let them drown?

Associate
Whats the point of an EU army? If we ever needed it in a conflict situation by the time the EU bureaucrats had discussed it, got all member States to agree on a course of action and then conferred with the ECHR to make sure we weren't going to harm or offend anyone we will have been invaded already.

Soldato
Isn't this "EU Army" just getting armies from member states work together in organised manner when they're all deployed? You know like it is now that the armies of smaller nations are under command of US, Germany, France, UK or whoever.

So basically yet another scaremongering tactic from leave group that has absolutely nothing to do with referendum.

Associate
I'm getting majorly hacked off with all the threats of what will happen to the UK if we leave the EU, is that the kind of bully tactic's that we should give in to, I don't think so!

IMO no matter how we vote, in or out, the EU will punish us in some way, petulant bullies.

Soldato
I'm getting majorly hacked off with all the threats of what will happen to the UK if we leave the EU, is that the kind of bully tactic's that we should give in to, I don't think so!

IMO no matter how we vote, in or out, the EU will punish us in some way, petulant bullies.

Well we've done alright against Europe historically so I don't think there's too much to worry about. They'll be more worried about the EU collapsing than punishing a valuable trading partner

Associate

Agree...

The lack of our own faith in the UK not being able to survive on its own should we leave is shameful.

Regardless of which way the vote goes, the out come both ways will be felt for a long time to come, IMO longer from the EU should we end up staying in!

Caporegime

I think it would make more sense to be more akin to the UN. For example providing a unified peace keeping force in some areas or backup for a war started by a european country (e.g. going in to Libya after Britain and France started bombing).

Caporegime
Put them back on the shore they came from like the Australians do.

They should be transported back to the coast they set sail from. Picking them up and taking them to an EU port is crazy. The EU will be in dire straights with an off balance male female population, virtually all of the migrants are males.

AFAIK that is part of the plan... Stop them as close to the Libyan coast as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom