Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Thats not actually representative of what happened, as was pointed out in the last thread when the same thing was said and even what did happen isn't what the paranoia of the above posters are on about.

i notice you had to cut the second half of my post to make that work....

i said they'd get a new "deal" then hold another referendum.

which is what happened in 4 out of 5 of your examples.

So yes, they do. A combination of entrenched dogma with a good sprinkling of paranoia and a roll of tin foil and the construct of their imagination becomes reality in their minds eye.

well according to your evidence it happens 80% of the time.

so not too sure how you can argue it as paranoia.

Associate
Out, as is everyone I know. But still, we haven't a hope in hell because the govt. will spin and lie to stop us leaving, we are in whether we like it or not.

Soldato
i notice you had to cut the second half of my post to make that work....

i said they'd get a new "deal" then hold another referendum.

which is what happened in 4 out of 5 of your examples.

well according to your evidence it happens 80% of the time.

so not too sure how you can argue it as paranoia.

Because a new deal is just that, a new deal. You are voting on something different. So unless you are incredibly stupid and just randomly decide which box you are going to tick, you can always vote no again if you still don't like it :p

I mean people just wouldn't do that would they

robfosters said:
Got goven 3 forms. Didn't really know what 2 of them were about tbh, so just ticked at random

Oh...:o

Anyway, that aside, what the other guys are inferring to is that the Govt will either a) completely ignore the result and go ahead as they see fit or b) Just keep asking the same question until they get a Yes (see previous comment about stupid people randomly ticking boxes). Both of which are constructs of their imaginations.

APM

APM

Associate
You don't change things by leaving the room and saying 'I'll just go and grow a few spuds by myself,I'll be ok'.

Man of Honour
You don't change things by leaving the room and saying 'I'll just go and grow a few spuds by myself,I'll be ok'.

Especially whilst ranting about how your own spud growing council IS ALL A BUNCH OF LIARS I CANT TRUST OMGZ.

'They [Gov] are liars and will never listen to us' sounds like an 'In' argument rather than a 'Brexit' one :D

Soldato
Trump has just backed Brexit. The isolationist xenophobic nationalists are now officially represented at the top level of politics in almost every country, from Russia to the US.

It seems we've learned nothing from history and if we let them win, we deserve what's coming.

Soldato
Trump has just backed Brexit. The isolationist xenophobic nationalists are now officially represented at the top level of politics in almost every country, from Russia to the US.

It seems we've learned nothing from history and if we let them win, we deserve what's coming.

Why are you so big on globalism? I like Star Trek too but it's not real.

APM

APM

Associate
[TW]Fox;29463144 said:
Especially whilst ranting about how your own spud growing council IS ALL A BUNCH OF LIARS I CANT TRUST OMGZ.

'They [Gov] are liars and will never listen to us' sounds like an 'In' argument rather than a 'Brexit' one :D

I didn't realise I was ranting at anyone tbh.

APM

APM

Associate
My local council are at best incompetent and at worst spiteful and small-minded.

The only people who vote around here are the senior citizens and it is very simple to manipulate that vote on your Christian,Great British,we love the Queen arguments so if you want a seat on the council or any other gov organ all you have to do is support those arguments.
However supporting those arguments disavows you of any progressive or original thought so if all you are concerned with is supplying a few elderly folk with a warm,feel-good feeling and bagging a nice ,cushy job for yourself then you are quids in.
I would like to think democracy was about more than that but as every year goes by I am proven even more wrong.

Soldato
My local council are at best incompetent and at worst spiteful and small-minded.

The only people who vote around here are the senior citizens and it is very simple to manipulate that vote on your Christian,Great British,we love the Queen arguments so if you want a seat on the council or any other gov organ all you have to do is support those arguments.
However supporting those arguments disavows you of any progressive or original thought so if all you are concerned with is supplying a few elderly folk with a warm,feel-good feeling and bagging a nice ,cushy job for yourself then you are quids in.
I would like to think democracy was about more than that but as every year goes by I am proven even more wrong.

^This^

Soldato
Thats not actually representative of what happened, as was pointed out in the last thread.

Funny how you quote the earlier argument saying the constitution was dropped to try and prove your point, but ignored my post below which showed despite the people clearly saying "no" to the constitution, in substance it reappeared as the Lisbon Treaty.

Stop thinking the EU cares about the will of the people, it doesn't, it cares about its own political objectives.

Mulder said:
The irony of your post made me chuckle.

Yeah, a quick google and a few minutes of proper research will tell you yes the EU constitution was voted against, but it effectively resurfaced as the Treaty of Lisbon. The format was changed to avoid referendums but the essense is the same.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...on-398286.html

http://www.europedia.moussis.eu/book...2/2/2/5/?all=1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...stitution.html

http://www.eudemocrats.org/eud/uploa...til_nettet.pdf

Soldato
Ah, getting the conspiracy theories in early I see - just in case it turns out the 'remain' camp wins :p

I don't think that is what he's saying at all. He's saying that if we get a majority "out" the government will find a way to launch more negotiations with the EU and a further referendum in the hope of winning that one.

I'm not sure that's likely to happen in this case, but it's happened before in EU referendums.

Soldato
I don't think that is what he's saying at all. He's saying that if we get a majority "out" the government will find a way to launch more negotiations with the EU and a further referendum in the hope of winning that one.

I'm not sure that's likely to happen in this case, but it's happened before in EU referendums.

i.e what the Irish had to go through

Referendum = out

Don't like that answer so we will have another one with some sweeteners

I think though the people would go mental if that happened

Soldato
Funny how you quote the earlier argument saying the constitution was dropped to try and prove your point, but ignored my post below which showed despite the people clearly saying "no" to the constitution, in substance it reappeared as the Lisbon Treaty.

Well, that's because I'm talking to Tefal, and I wasn't including your answer to Evangelion because I don't agree with it either.

Stop thinking the EU cares about the will of the people, it doesn't, it cares about its own political objectives.

And that's different to any political party how?

You've got people on here saying our own Govt will just ignore the result of the referendum and do what they please.

Soldato

You use the word "conspiracy" twice in response to my last post. Why? Who said anything about a conspiracy? The EU's objectives and trajectory are out in the open, there's no conspiracy about that.

Treaty of Rome - “Determined to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe”

Maastricht Treaty - "This Treaty marks a new stage in the process of creating an ever closer union…”

Jean Monnet, one of the founding fathers of the EU - “Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose but which will irreversibly lead to federation.”

Jose Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission - “They must go on voting until they get it right.”

Juncker - "We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back."

Juncker - “Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?,”

Merkel on the Lisbon Treaty after the Constitution was rejected by voters - “The substance of the Constitution is preserved. That is a fact.”

Giscard d’Estaing, who drafted the EU Constitution 1997 - “One must never forget that monetary union, which the two of us were the first to propose more than a decade ago, is ultimately a political project. It aims to give a new impulse to the historic movement toward union of the European states”

Jose Manuel Barroso September 2012 - “The world needs a Europe that is capable of deploying military missions”.

Soldato
i.e what the Irish had to go through

Referendum = out

Don't like that answer so we will have another one with some sweeteners

I think though the people would go mental if that happened

I don't see the issue - if you don't like the new deal with extra sweetners, you still vote no....simple no? :confused:

If the vote then turned Yes, it just meant there were enough people on the fence who thought the new deal was good enough to vote for, that's still democracy

Infact it's direct democracy because things are being changed due to the will of the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom