Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well, that's because I'm talking to Tefal, and I wasn't including your answer to Evangelion because I don't agree with it either.

And that's different to any political party how?

You've got people on here saying our own Govt will just ignore the result of the referendum and do what they please.

You don't agree that the Lisbon Treaty preserved all the substance of the Constitution? Even despite all the evidence and Merkel saying as much?

I certainly hope it would be honored if we voted "leave", but I think people are just referring to the fact the EU just ignore unfavourable referenda or just ask again until they get the "right" answer.

Caporegime
Trump has just backed Brexit. The isolationist xenophobic nationalists are now officially represented at the top level of politics in almost every country, from Russia to the US.

It seems we've learned nothing from history and if we let them win, we deserve what's coming.

What's coming?

Soldato
It'll be interesting to see what deal we get offered after an out vote, I predict not much as they don't like us as much as the Danes or Irish, I can see why too.

Associate
It'll be interesting to see what deal we get offered after an out vote, I predict not much as they don't like us as much as the Danes or Irish, I can see why too.

Junker has said today that an OUT vote could see the end of the EU but even then I can't see much being offered in the second referendum as that will only encourage the Dutch and others to hold one too.

Soldato
Junker has said today that an OUT vote could see the end of the EU but even then I can't see much being offered in the second referendum as that will only encourage the Dutch and others to hold one too.

I too believe that without the UK, the EU will be a lot poorer and likely to fragment further under the pressure. It is this point and future accessions to the EU after we stay in that has persuaded me to vote out in the UK's best interests.

Caporegime
I too believe that without the UK, the EU will be a lot poorer and likely to fragment further under the pressure. It is this point and future accessions to the EU after we stay in that has persuaded me to vote out in the UK's best interests.

How is the EU fragmenting in the UK's best interests? Surely, the collapse of our largest trading partner would do a huge amount of economic damage to our country?

Soldato
Parts of our biggest trading partner are seemingly in terminal decline because of the Euro, certainly Greece and Spain might be better off if the Euro collapsed. I know the EU and Euro aren't the same but the EU and Euro has locked in some economically unhealthy imbalances. If you are an unemployed youth in much of the EU the collapse of the EU might be the only stimulus that would kick your countries into liberalising employment laws that currently make job creation difficult.

Man of Honour
i.e what the Irish had to go through

Referendum = out

Don't like that answer so we will have another one with some sweeteners

I think though the people would go mental if that happened

If that happened they could simply vote 'No' again :confused:

No need to 'go mental', just look at the revised 'offer' (or more likely don't and vote no anyway), decide if you like it, Vote No?

Can't imagine it would happen anyway but if it did it's hardly a big deal.

Last edited:
Associate
Spoiler: Leonardo DiCaprio abandons ship and still dies.
Spoiler: rose lives ;) victory.

Still as Mulder pointed out and none of the in camp have managed to address, there are issues with constant aims are super state federalisation which would be beneficial economically except for the fact the eu is a mess economically and when you factor in them wanting to charge 250,000 for each refugee, expanding to ever poorer countries to drag up cheap migration, Turkey joining (I dont believe they're less than a decade away) and all the other issues with the eu it seems like a lot of political baggage that is simply dragging down economies. Greece, Spain and Ireland could be next, the eu isn't all bad but the future in it is very uncertain at the moment.

Soldato
The East European countries that have historical reasons not to trust turky are furious about the proposed fines for not accepting refugees displaced because of turkey's disgusting actions in Syria.

I wonder who is going to pick up the financial slack when we stop paying in, we could easily be looking at the collapse of the eu just because dumb yanks over reached themselves in the ME, lol.

Philip Hammond's hand on the tiller worked out well for our foreign relations, flamboyant fool that he is.

Last edited:
Associate
I think if the UK leaves, the EU as we know it will fall apart. Denmark, Holland, Spain, Greece and Italy will leave and all that will be left is France and Germany propping up a load of small poor eastern European countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom