The Evil Within 2 (Friday 13th October 2017!!!)

Soldato
This game is epic so far only on Chapter 3 its a massive level with lots of hidden underground sections under buildings as well so much content to discover.
I'm also on Chapter 3. Are you guys following the missions or exploring the buildings and areas as you come across them? I find it hard to go past anything without having a nosey but I did discover a door that needs a crossbow to open it which I would have had if I'd of went straight to the indicator on the map rather than explore freely so now I'll need to go back for it. I always get torn between following the missions and veering off the track a bit with exploration in games...

Soldato
OP
I'm also on Chapter 3. Are you guys following the missions or exploring the buildings and areas as you come across them? I find it hard to go past anything without having a nosey but I did discover a door that needs a crossbow to open it which I would have had if I'd of went straight to the indicator on the map rather than explore freely so now I'll need to go back for it. I always get torn between following the missions and veering off the track a bit with exploration in games...
Bit of both I cannot resist finding everything so taking my time I think the upgrades are very important so I am going to grind the lot until I am maxxed out. So many side distractions though every time I try to do a sub mission I end up somewhere else on the map which is a good thing I guess!

Soldato
Wew the open world part is pretty neat and its insanely hardcore. I like it, the feeling of being outmatched at all times. The risk of firing a weapon or melee. Really amazing game for what I paid o;

Caporegime

I like to explore, go everywhere, as you never know what you'll find, i'll be doing all the side missions as well, took me an absolute age to do the first one, no doubt this one will be the same :p

Soldato
Playing on 1080p high preset I get 60fps but there is some stutter here and there. It is well enough playable though.

Great game so far, 5 hours in. Love how immersive it is.

Soldato
Yeah bit of an exaggeration but the textures are very bad for a 2017 game from a AAA developer. Although its not surprising really as AAA gaming is very poor generally at the moment.

The textures are fine, they are heavily magnified shots.

For instance the phone in one of the videos above:

Xl31JFI.jpg

Anyway back to the game, loving how enemies change position every time I come back to Union...keeping me on my toes, also the constant fight for ammo on nightmare is making this tense!

Associate
Seems this gpu maxing out at 80% is a very common problem.

If i turn vsync off the game runs at 45-60fps so I really need that last 20%.
Changing settings doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyway done first chapter at 30fps and game seems great so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's for sure a great game if you like old school survival horror with modern action. No real puzzles but some effective set pieces & creepy horror elements. The shader FX lighting is also stunning in game.

Back
Top Bottom