The Evil Within 2 (Friday 13th October 2017!!!)

Soldato
Survival or nightmare?
I struggled to decide with this. I usually go for medium/difficulty but the note under nightmare saying it's for players who enjoyed the difficulty of the original threw me a bit. I thought the normal difficulty of the first game was spot on but I opted for survival anyway - I just hope I don't feel too well resourced. Too early for me to tell yet...

Soldato
I couldn't stand the first game due to FPS lock and awful ultra wide support, letterbox etc..

Does this one support 21:9 Res? Unlocked FPS? [Crosses fingers]
Yes supports 21:9 natively and there is no horizontal letter box effect in the new game. Flawless Widescreen has a great fix for the first one - displays the game in 21:9 perfectly and removes said letterbox effect.

Soldato
Just started this game and the first thing I noticed was that he moves as though he has had an accident in his underpants.
Combat is not too hot either, what is the point of the knife apart from sneak kills and smashing crates?

Soldato
My only gripe so far (1-2 hours in) is that like others, my gpu isn't being fully used - typically max of 75-80%. Due to this, maxed out at 1440p it doesn't hold 60fps when it really should. FOV seems perfect at 80 for me.

Soldato
flawless widescreen fixes first game perfectly.. i have it since release and was put off at first cause of no 21:9 support..

but now it looks amazing and plays really good with a pad..

Soldato
Just started this game and the first thing I noticed was that he moves as though he has had an accident in his underpants.
Combat is not too hot either, what is the point of the knife apart from sneak kills and smashing crates?
I think the laboured movement is a deliberate gameplay mechanic so that you can't escape enemies easily. Regarding the knife, you can try and kill the enemies with it too but it won't kill them out right and you'll likely get killed for you efforts - kinda close to what would likely actually happen in reality so I think that's ok. How else would you like/expect the knife to behave in combat?

Soldato
kinda close to what would likely actually happen in reality so I think that's ok. How else would you like/expect the knife to behave in combat?

Not sure what world you live you live in but people are stabbed to death every day do i would expect that I could to far more damage that I seem to be able to do.

Back
Top Bottom