The Evil Within 2 (Friday 13th October 2017!!!)

Soldato
Not sure what world you live you live in but people are stabbed to death every day do I would expect that I could to far more damage that I seem to be able to do.
Yeah ok perhaps I shouldn't have said 'reality'. Where my head is at is that in horror films a knife generally isn't a very effective weapon against zombies/monsters - they usually keep on coming after being attacked with a knife...

Soldato
Yeah ok perhaps I shouldn't have said 'reality'. Where my head is at is that in horror films a knife generally isn't a very effective weapon against zombies/monsters - they usually keep on coming after being attacked with a knife...

Yet it works perfectly well in sneak attacks though not with all the monsters. But it is not just this game as most games treat the knife as little more than a crate smasher, though how that works is beyond me, that does little damage to enemies yet can demolish a large wooden crate in one blow?

Soldato
14 hours in, chapter 8.

It is a great game. It has that welltuned difficulty (on nightmare) where I am progressing, but only barely so-so and I am counting every bullet. Although as I unlock new skills and improve weapons, things do get easier.

It is super god damn satisfying to shoot smoke arrow on bunch of zombies and then cut them down one by one with a knife. Or smash witch's head with an axe.

Great atmosphere, decent storytelling.

If I have one nitpick, it is that due to setting into smalltown USA, the level design is less varied than in first game.

Soldato
Yeah they are best with a controller these :)
I used to always play these types of games with a controller and played the first one this way although recently I've been using the m&kb more often and am doing so this time around. Haven't found a significant advantage or disadvantage aside from the obvious quicker panning of the camera and being able to assign each weapon/item to a hot key.

Soldato
What's the deal with the ghost lady? When the world turns blue and cold seemingly at random I can't quite understand what I'm supposed to be doing, is it just avoid her for a set length of time? It's seems too easy to hide from her if that's the case and I waited 10 minutes tonight for her to go away?

Soldato
What's the deal with the ghost lady? When the world turns blue and cold seemingly at random I can't quite understand what I'm supposed to be doing, is it just avoid her for a set length of time? It's seems too easy to hide from her if that's the case and I waited 10 minutes tonight for her to go away?
Avoid, escape. It's not rocket science.

Just reached chapter 11. Still enjoying it a lot, wish there were more games like this.

tew2_2017_10_15_22_091njdw.png

tew2_2017_10_15_22_293nkdo.png

Soldato
Avoid, escape. It's not rocket science.
I wouldn't be confused if these parts presented some form of challenge or lasted for a reasonable or sensible length of time. But they don't, or haven't for me anyway, which is why I asked if should be doing something else other than just avoid, escape.

Agree about more games like this. This is my perfect type of game which is why, as much as I thought Resident Evil 7 was a brilliant game, I was disappointed they moved away from the Resident Evil 4 & 5 format. Thankfully The Evil Within has stepped in to fill that gap.

Last edited:
Associate
first EW wins by having better atmosphere and boss. the rest EW2 wins
some shots from here and there on PC with Reshade preset i made..Chapter 15 is FANTASTIC

its like the Silent Hill game i've been waiting for
ofc nothing can beat SH2 and 1

TEW2_2017-10-17_01-03-59.bmp.png

TEW2_2017-10-17_00-59-05.bmp.png

TEW2_2017-10-17_02-37-08.bmp.png

TEW2_2017-10-17_02-07-16.bmp.png

TEW2_2017-10-17_02-08-27.bmp.png

TEW2_2017-10-17_02-19-17.bmp.png

Caporegime
Im loving it,
after leaving Oneil, i went into a church where some priest was, and died :D, so next go, went into the house further along, and found some trapdoor that took me down into the basement, where this computer was, so used it, and it took me to some armoury place, so im on exploring that at the mo
:p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This game is such a genuine classic survival action horror experience. So much like the early 2000s classics. More Silent Hill 2 & Resident Evil 2 + 3 than anything else. Only up to Chapter 9 after well over 15 hours this has a lot of hidden content so I am taking my time on 1st playthru!

Back
Top Bottom