The Expanse

Associate
well only season 1 and 2 are on amazon video at present to buy not prime, season 3 isn't even listed. I suspect that closer to the time when season 4 drops that season 1-3 will be on prime video service so that people can binge watch it to catch up on it prior to season 4.

Soldato
Well there's a DVD season 3 release date on Prime now for November 2019... Surely they can't make UK customers wait another year?

I've confirmed this at work, we deal with the distributor for this and yup, that 2019 release date is legit. This release date isn't set by Amazon by the way, it's a date set by the distributor. They only released season 1 and 2 earlier this year.

Soldato
I've confirmed this at work, we deal with the distributor for this and yup, that 2019 release date is legit. This release date isn't set by Amazon by the way, it's a date set by the distributor. They only released season 1 and 2 earlier this year.

Apologies I meant with the DVD release on Amazon being November but no confirmed Prime date for the show, surely they won't make Prime release same as DVD release.

I didn't make that very clear in retrospect :p

Soldato
Apologies I meant with the DVD release on Amazon being November but no confirmed Prime date for the show, surely they won't make Prime release same as DVD release.

I didn't make that very clear in retrospect :p

No harm done :)

However i'd imagine there are conditions amazon has to meet in not putting this on prime too soon as while they know own it, they'll need to respect existing distribution rights.

Associate
Well there's a DVD season 3 release date on Prime now for November 2019... Surely they can't make UK customers wait another year?

I've actually pinged them an email thinking worst case they ignore me, best case I get an indication of Prime release for season 3.

well if you don't mind the import tax or pay extra all three season are on ebay in dvd or blu-ray format to buy.

Soldato
Might have to finish S2 then, think I'm halfway through it.

There is some good sci-fi under the layers of execrable dialogue and wooden performances.

Soldato
Might have to finish S2 then, think I'm halfway through it.

There is some good sci-fi under the layers of execrable dialogue and wooden performances.

Granted season 1 had some ropey performance but it picks up in quality massively from season 2 all the way into and through season 3.

My love of The Expanse comes from the fact it took the time to build characters, so you understand them, see their motivations so their actions and decision making are realistic and not happening just because they need to move the story along.

Also helps that the effects and environment are as "real world" as we'd believe them to be with our current scientific understanding...space/the solar system/the belt feels like an ugly dangerous place, as it should.

Soldato
Budget has gone up, which sort of worries me.

The fact they had restricted budget on the first few seasons and that most of that went on short SFX sequences meant it was on the actors to really carry the show and it worked.

I fear that with high budget, we'll go more into spectacle and have less character driven scenes which was the shows strenth...IMO of course.

Soldato
season 3 was never on Netflix as the series was taken off Netflix just prior to season 3 being released for digital services, in fact season 3 has never had a uk released yet. season 1 and 2 were on Netflix

I know that, If it hadn't been cancelled by Syfy and Amazon picking it up we should've had it on Netflix September time last year.

Back
Top Bottom