• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Caporegime
Quite possibly fake or simply a test pcb where they had traces for different setups possible and different heatsink prototypes. A top end kepler won't possibly work on that PCB, wrong memory chip number(most likely) and wrong bus width, so incompatible tracing. There is no reason for a PCB for a single gpu to have 8pin + 2 6 pins, possible uber overclocking enabled cards to have a 8 and 6 pin.

Hell, there is zero point coming up with whole new connections and stacking to have 2x 6 pins when another 8pin would give the same rating, basically nonsense.

bru

bru

Soldato

Edit: oh i see stulid just posted a link to it. oh well

the guy posting just under this img reckons its just a test board.

That's what we call a test mule. It is an engineering card with localized PCB I/O connectors for diagnostic equipment.

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
1 x 6, 1 x 8 and tracks for another, what on earth do they have planned?! :confused:

looks like 6 pin + 6 pin to me, the shot of the 6 pin + 8 pin connector doesn't look as if it is even mounted to anything.
myself I'll go by what we can actually see rather than the huge amounts of speculation that always accompany all these threads.

Soldato
Soldato
I think we will have to put up with a lot more rumour and speculation before Kepler lands
..... so i might as well have my 2 penneth worth ....
Kepler will land on the shelves between April 1st and 3rd the gtx670 will be priced at or around £429 for the most pricey version but we might get lucky and see lesser brands willing to forego a huge markup and sell for £379 ...... and i have my fingers crossed for the release of Bioshock Infinite at the same time :)

Allways wanted to quote myself, i guess now is as good a time as any we know kepler is about to arrive let the speculation on the arrival date begin :)

Associate
I just hope nVidia doesn't go pricing mad and target their high-end card at £500+. If it costs the same as the 7970 but offers a markable performance increase - say 25% - then I'll be interested, unless AMD can drop their prices enough to counter. But I don't want to wait months.

Back
Top Bottom