*** The iPhone 3G Thread ***

Soldato
Just tonight all of my 3rd party applications are crashing upon launch. Anything downloaded from the app store is now crashing. The iphone is fully up to date software wise too. How odd?

You haven't used FontSwap to change your default font have you?
I have heard that this sometimes causes this to happen

Soldato
Getting my iPhone replaced on Wednesday hopefully, has a big crack on the back that is getting bigger.

Wow, this went crap. My iPhone has a huge crack on the back, which is a well known problem with the 3Gs. Also, the auto brightness sensor doesn't work and the screen has a few dead pixels.

Took it to a 'genius', showed him the crack, straight away he said "I'll go and get you a new phone, this is a very common problem". Came back and had a little light to look in the headphone jack and dock connector, and apparently my phone has been in contact with water :confused:

This is what he was looking at. It has never been in contact with water as far as I know. He spoke to the 'head geniuses' and the manager and they said no I can't have a replacement or have it fixed. So now i'm stuck with a crap iPhone that probably has no resell value what so ever.

He said I can either buy a new one for £390 or claim it on house insurance.

Associate
wow! never knew about the water indicator.

If that thing is overly sensitive to moist conditions and turns it pink then Apple have got a good excuse of not repairing anything.

Good get out clause if you ask me.
I'm sure you know Justin if the phones been in water or not.

Wow, this went crap. My iPhone has a huge crack on the back, which is a well known problem with the 3Gs. Also, the auto brightness sensor doesn't work and the screen has a few dead pixels.

Took it to a 'genius', showed him the crack, straight away he said "I'll go and get you a new phone, this is a very common problem". Came back and had a little light to look in the headphone jack and dock connector, and apparently my phone has been in contact with water :confused:

This is what he was looking at. It has never been in contact with water as far as I know. He spoke to the 'head geniuses' and the manager and they said no I can't have a replacement or have it fixed. So now i'm stuck with a crap iPhone that probably has no resell value what so ever.

He said I can either buy a new one for £390 or claim it on house insurance.
thats unlucky. Never known of a device to carry an indicator to prove its wet. I do wonder though, You hold a phone upwards when using it. what if you were in a phone call in the rain? You can hardly say its fair then.

Soldato
Just tonight all of my 3rd party applications are crashing upon launch. Anything downloaded from the app store is now crashing. The iphone is fully up to date software wise too. How odd?
Im finding that thats happening with a WoW app ive got. Strange, as it doesnt seem to happen, touch wood, with other apps.

Soldato
thats unlucky. Never known of a device to carry an indicator to prove its wet. I do wonder though, You hold a phone upwards when using it. what if you were in a phone call in the rain? You can hardly say its fair then.

A lot of phones now have a water indicator, usually helps with insurance claims etc to prove if its been dropped down the bog or whatever.

Soldato
I got a swap done at the Apple shop today because my old one stopped making calls and texts but thats by the by. I have restored my iphone now but my contacts don't have names just numbers? Thoughts?

Soldato
Hi people. :)

I'm hoping to switch my contract to an iPhone one at the weekend. (I know there's a new one coming soon, but unfortunately, I don't have the option of waiting that long to get a new phone :().

Two questions I'd like to ask quickly if possible. :)

I know the Tariff says "Unlimited Data", but presumably there's some kind of fair usage behind it. Does anyone know how reasonable this is? Is it something you're likely to run into unless you're downloading constantly?

What's a good screen protector? I've ordered a SwitchEasy NeoCapsule Case, and I think it comes with some screen protectors, but I've heard very good things about the Zagg InvisibleShield. Are they worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There isn't a cap on the data.

Initially, O2 said there was a low one.. which caused outrage and they just binned it.

As for screen protectors? Don't be a girl.. the plastic is going to get messed up loooooong before the glass scratches.

I'm running mine "naked" and it's totally fine.

Off topic: The rumors that the next iPhone will feature an FM radio are misinterpretation.. the chip used inside the iPhone is capable of AM/FM transmission (think the Griffin iTrip).

Where Apple allow it (I can't see that.. it would need a fresh FFC approval) is another story, but it would be sweet if it happens :)

Soldato
I've got either a spec of dust, or dead pixel on my iPhone screen. It doesn't really bother me a great deal- although i'm starting to wonder if it's worth taking it into O2 to ask if it can be swapped.

Anyone had any experience of this? Don't think Cornwall has a genuis bar...

Soldato
I've got either a spec of dust, or dead pixel on my iPhone screen. It doesn't really bother me a great deal- although i'm starting to wonder if it's worth taking it into O2 to ask if it can be swapped.

Anyone had any experience of this? Don't think Cornwall has a genuis bar...

O2 will only swap it out if it's a week or 2 old, any more and they will return it to Apple on your behalf. Takes up to 10 working days.

Apple Stores on the other hand will replace it on the spot :)

Back
Top Bottom