Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think it looks great. Would I buy one? No not yet as my 6s+ has everything possibly need. I'm more interested in ios10 rather then hardware.

Great marketing by making the jet black 128/256 only. Milk it while you can tbh.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
And when you want to charge your phone but still listen to music while doing so?

I agree that from the charging point of view, using Lightning, regardless of adaptor, may be an issue.

However, my post was primarily meaning the comments in articles about it being clunky and awkward, and having to use an adaptor at all.

Although I already have some Bluetooth headphones so that is one option there.
Can't say how good or bad they are as nothing to compare them to other than the basic Apple wired one, but seem fine for what I listen to.

Associate
Lot's boarding the hype train as expected. Overally disappointed, not enough of an improvement over my iPhone 6 64GB, nor noteworthy features I'd benefit from.

iOS 10 looked good on the conference though all devices back to iPad 4 / iPhone 5 are eligible for the update anyway.
Will be going SIM only, maybe treat myself to a series 2 Apple Watch.

EDIT: oh, and what happened to Apple's pricing? last few years release date pricing has consistently been £549 (base capacity), £649 (mid capacity), £749 (high capacity). Surprised they increased prices £50 when you factor the 6S and 6S sales figures were lower than they anticipated.

EDIT 2: been a loyal iPhone owner since 3G (3G, 4,5,6) never felt need to consider android because does what I need and more, though apple need to pull their finger out with faster charging.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Don't see much of a jump over the 6S tbh. I think new phones are only exciting when you are looking for a significant upgrade. I went from iPhone 4 to 6S. Would have only been worth it from 6 I think.

From 6S...... Or even 5S... Why...

Soldato
I would normally jump at a new generation but the lack of 3.5mm is making me reconsider buying it myself for personal use.

I lose headphones all the time and it's not really an issue when they're a few quid a pair. Now when the reported price is around £120(assuming no UK price gouge) and it's inevitable third party wont work for long with Apples updates concerns me quite a bit :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably going to go for a 7 Plus 32GB in white.

Just trying to figure out the best way to buy it. The iPhone upgrade program seems too good to be true - 0% finance and an upgrade after 11 months? I assume i'm getting shafted somewhere but I can't see where.

[Edit] And you get Applecare+ thrown in for nothing. I really don't understand now, surely that makes it a better deal than buying outright then?

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably going to go for a 7 Plus 32GB in white.

Just trying to figure out the best way to buy it. The iPhone upgrade program seems too good to be true - 0% finance and an upgrade after 11 months? I assume i'm getting shafted somewhere but I can't see where.

[Edit] And you get Applecare+ thrown in for nothing. I really don't understand now, surely that makes it a better deal than buying outright then?

I think the iPhone 7 is 12 month the iPhone 7plus is 20 month need this clarifying

Soldato
I think the iPhone 7 is 12 month the iPhone 7plus is 20 month need this clarifying

It's 11 months for both phones - it's only a forced 20 months on the cheaper monthly plan that doesn't include AC+.

It's a really good deal and it kinda has to be - in the U.K. I guess most people still buy from a carrier and Apple would prefer you to go direct to them - this will really encourage this.

Soldato
It's 11 months for both phones - it's only a forced 20 months on the cheaper monthly plan that doesn't include AC+.

It's a really good deal and it kinda has to be - in the U.K. I guess most people still buy from a carrier and Apple would prefer you to go direct to them - this will really encourage this.

Have always bough mine from Apple as I've always been on a sim only deals as better value and more freedom

Back
Top Bottom