Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
I wonder if they'll add that no focus mode some cameras do now, it grabs all depth data and you can set focus length later.

There are cameras who do that already, what they do isn't take 1 single photo and work it out, they take a lot of photos and stack them so everything is in focus, but you can then shift back and forth. It is focusing everything at once and pick later. That way you get real lens bokeh, but these cameras are not very good and only can do really low res images as you are taking a lot of the same photo in 1 burst.

There really is no skill in it.

There are cameras who do that already, what they do isn't take 1 single photo and work it out, they take a lot of photos and stack them so everything is in focus, but you can then shift back and forth. It is focusing everything at once and pick later. That way you get real lens bokeh, but these cameras are not very good and only can do really low res images as you are taking a lot of the same photo in 1 burst.

There really is no skill in it.

I don't need my phone camera to take skill, otherwise I'd be using my proper camera :p

Reckon I'll go for the 7 Plus 128GB in Black! Coming from the 6 so should be a decent upgrade :)

The matte just looks so much nicer than the jet black.

Definitely going to be prone to swirly scratches and scuffs! Gloss is awful IMO.

Last edited:
Wow, the hate is strong today. Let's clear a few things up...

This is the first time the price has gone up, since they launched the iPhone, isn't it? Either way, look at the price of the pound against the dollar and tell me you expected it to stay the same?

The headphones... This is marmite, but I use Beats Wireless 2 headphones for running (the type which hook over the ear) and I'm sure many others have similar wireless solutions.

Why is the fact that they've switched to their own wireless EarPods so bad? "Oh no... I might lose them". Give over. No one in their right mind would go running with them, also why not just get a better set of Bluetooth headphones? Ask yourself this... Did you use the bundled 3.5mm headphones before? There will be lightning headphones if you really want to go wired but wireless is the future :o

I'm not getting one but really, it's the same every time. Moaning over features that no one is forcing you to adopt. There's other phones on the market. If you really want a 3.5mm jack and don't want an adaptor the world is your oyster. Apple has always been one to cut the throat of older technologies to push innovation, this is no different.

I don't mean to sound harsh but at the same time no one forced you to read the comments you have mentioned but you did.

I am also confused on why you are against moaning as you have joined the moaning yourself.

If my moaning about your moaning of others moaning has offended you in anyway i am sorry. :)

Do you live off just bread and water and nothing else every day?

Of course not, because better things are worth having if you have the means to.

Extreme and nonspecific example of the point im making:

If something that costs £10 is very nearly as good as something which is £1000, even if you can afford the £1000 item it makes more sense to buy the £10 item and put £990 in the bank. Especially when the £1000 item will be worth £200 in a couple of years.

Apple get away with these ridiculous markups because people lap up the new releases no matter what the cost. Would it be OK if the iPhone 8 were £2000? Would it not matter simply because you can afford it?

I would understand your comment if I were saying "Why buy a £600 phone when you can get a Nokia 3310 for £4 on eBay", but I wasn't.

Last edited:
Apple's Greg Joswiak, Dan Riccio, and Phil Schiller explained in much greater detail why the decision was made to move away from the 3.5mm headphone jack.

The idea for the removal of the headphone jack was raised during the development of the iPhone 7. In a nutshell, the "driver ledge" for the display and backlight, traditionally placed near the camera, was interfering with the new camera systems in the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus, leading Apple to explore other placement options. It was moved near the audio jack, but it also caused interference with various components, including the audio jack itself, so Apple engineers toyed with the elimination of the jack altogether.

When the headphone jack was removed, Apple realized it was easier to install the new Taptic Engine for the pressure-sensitive Home button, implement a bigger battery, and reach an IP7 water resistance rating, so the elimination of the headphone jack became essential for all of the other features in the iPhone 7.

Extreme and nonspecific example of the point im making:

If something that costs £10 is very nearly as good as something which is £1000, even if you can afford the £1000 item it makes more sense to buy the £10 item and put £990 in the bank. Especially when the £1000 item will be worth £200 in a couple of years.

I can see the point you're making, but there isn't anything available that costs 1% of an iPhone but that is very nearly as good.

Apple get away with these ridiculous markups because people lap up the new releases no matter what the cost. Would it be OK if the iPhone 8 were £2000? Would it not matter simply because you can afford it?

Apple would think it ok if their sales met their business model. Or not ok if they didn't.

if they covered it you'd have morons taking it into the sea etc. these are the users who microwaved their phones after being told it was a fast charge method.

Back
Top Bottom