Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Based on the new materials available on the Gen2 watch, I reckon there *will* be a special edition iPhone with a ceramic (very scratch resistant) exterior. It's very time-consuming to manufacture, so they can't make them all with this process, but they could make a more expensive model (£200 more?).

Soldato
Based on the new materials available on the Gen2 watch, I reckon there *will* be a special edition iPhone with a ceramic (very scratch resistant) exterior. It's very time-consuming to manufacture, so they can't make them all with this process, but they could make a more expensive model (£200 more?).

Problem is like the jet black 7 plus most of us won't care, we'll just want the top of the range model :)

Soldato
Anyone else finding Apple Pay crazily slow? I've switched over from android and find that the iPhone is slow and cumbersome in comparission when it comes to payments. Today I made 4 payments and on two of them it was that slow that the POS machine turned off the reader terminal.

On android it was a case of unlocking the phone (finger print) and holding it in the vacinity of the terminal. On the iPhone 7 I bring the phone up to the terminal and hold there and nothing happens for a while then the card logo appears and I can enter my print, but then it tells me to hold the phone next the terminal which I already am. It's like the NFC chip isn't powerful as the Z5c.

Soldato
Anyone else finding Apple Pay crazily slow? I've switched over from android and find that the iPhone is slow and cumbersome in comparission when it comes to payments. Today I made 4 payments and on two of them it was that slow that the POS machine turned off the reader terminal.

On android it was a case of unlocking the phone (finger print) and holding it in the vacinity of the terminal. On the iPhone 7 I bring the phone up to the terminal and hold there and nothing happens for a while then the card logo appears and I can enter my print, but then it tells me to hold the phone next the terminal which I already am. It's like the NFC chip isn't powerful as the Z5c.

When I double press the home button on my locked iPhone 7 Plus it pops up the Apple Pay screen immediately.

Soldato

Lol nope, you're either experiencing phone or till issues, I've managed to pay for something by mistake it comes up so quickly.

I can't think of a way it could be faster.

Soldato
Apple Pay is the fastest wireless payment method I've ever used.

Double tap the home button from screen off and it's pretty much instant.

It couldn't be faster or easier.

Edit. In fact, the first time I used it I was gobsmacked at how good it was. And I'm not easy to impress. :p

Soldato
Apple Pay is the fastest wireless payment method I've ever used.

Double tap the home button from screen off and it's pretty much instant.

It couldn't be faster or easier.

It's extremely fast but ONLY if you double tap the home button in advance to bring up Apple Pay on the iPhone. If you shove the phone near the NFC reader without doing that you have to wait for the phone and then authenticate which is dog slow.

Man of Honour
It's extremely fast but ONLY if you double tap the home button in advance to bring up Apple Pay on the iPhone. If you shove the phone near the NFC reader without doing that you have to wait for the phone and then authenticate which is dog slow.

Can't say I notice any difference at all? iPhone 7 Plus.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Lightning fast for me. Your finger has to be correctly positioned or it will wiggle and ask you again.

Soldato
Edit. In fact, the first time I used it I was gobsmacked at how good it was. And I'm not easy to impress. :p

Agreed, Apple Pay is fantastic, use it all the time.

People will say "why wouldn't you just use you card etc. The thing is if I'm waiting in a queue to pay I'm invariably using my phone, it already in my hand and ready to go/pay ;)

Man of Honour
Agreed, Apple Pay is fantastic, use it all the time.

People will say "why wouldn't you just use you card etc. The thing is if I'm waiting in a queue to pay I'm invariably using my phone, it already in my hand and ready to go/pay ;)

It's also great if you go to a rugby game away and you forgot your debit card and cash in the hotel.

What wasn't great was seeing how much I'd spent. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom