Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Anyone with 6 going for the 7? I bought the 6 64GB outright when it was released and there's nothing compelling enough in the 7 urging me to pay up the extra for a 7. Maybe if I was on a contract and it was upgrade time it'd be a no brainer and I'd do it. But the the 7 just isn't £350+ more phone over the 6 for me.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm pretty certain the AirPods will work with all iPhones. The same chip is in the new Beats headphones and they wouldn't target those at just iPhone 7 users.

How many of you guys genuinely charge your phone at the same time as using headphones by the way. I have never done that.

I can't help but think that lots of people love to become indignant about things that they don't even need/care about.

Wireless charging seems to be seen as some panacea for smartphones. I have about 4 lightning cables in various sockets around our flat so I can charge my phone easily without having to move a single cable about. I wouldn't buy 4 wireless charging pucks so it would make very little difference to me. Charging and discharging phones by a few % at a time isn't good for the battery either and that would be the main advantage of it no?

RJC

RJC

Don
Anyone with 6 going for the 7? I bought the 6 64GB outright when it was released and there's nothing compelling enough in the 7 urging me to pay up the extra for a 7. Maybe if I was on a contract and it was upgrade time it'd be a no brainer and I'd do it. But the the 7 just isn't £350+ more phone over the 6 for me.

Sold my 6S Plus, so will cost me approx £400 to change to the 7 plus 128gb model, using my Dads old Motorola at the moment.

Soldato
I was wondering this. There was speculation before the launch that the 7 might contain some new variation of bluetooth with better reliability and lower power consumption but nothing was explicitly mentioned about this. They talked about the new W1 "wonderchip" in the Airpods themselves but not whether there was anything new or different about the phone itself to improve connectivity or reduce power consumption.

It's bluetooth, works with all the iPhones from the last few years.

Full list in the 'Compatibility' tab down this page http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMEF2AM/A/airpods

I guess we'll see. If there's an obvious option to collect it then I'll go that route, otherwise I'll revert to delivery. I find it odd that they'd allow reservations without payment to be honest.

IIRC last year they only did in store reservation where you reserve the night before and collect and pay the next day from launch day onwards.

All uncollected stock and new stock got added back to the reservation system at about 8pm or midnight every night. That's what I ended up doing.

Before launch day you can only buy (and pay) online to ship to store or ship to your house (I think!)

Associate
It is almost certain that volume of the playback makes no influence what so ever to the playback time.

Input power to relatively sensitive headphones (which apple for sure has built exactly due to battery life reasons) is measured in milliwats or maybe fractions of milliwats.

That is almost certainly negligible compared to the bluetooth consumption.

hmm interesting thanks for posting this!

still, i have a que of audio stuff i want and these are at the bottom :p. actually got me looking around for a cheaper pair and there are some very cheap and highly rated wireless products out atm. I do hate the wire while walking the dog and fear of pulling my phone on the treadmill.

Associate
hmm interesting thanks for posting this!

still, i have a que of audio stuff i want and these are at the bottom :p. actually got me looking around for a cheaper pair and there are some very cheap and highly rated wireless products out atm. I do hate the wire while walking the dog and fear of pulling my phone on the treadmill.

http://shure.custhelp.com/app/answe...rstanding-earphone-/-headphone-specifications

Now obviously Apple doesn't disclose the sensitivity of their devices, but assuming any relatively reasonable listening volume, we are for sure talking about at most of couple of milliwats in audio power.

Soldato
This time last night I was set to bin my 6S for a 7 Plus. Having slept on it, ignoring the change in form factor, I don't think it is worth it. The camera seems more of a gimmick and I don't feel the need to submerge my phone.

I am interested in the new Watch though, and would like to find out more about it.

Soldato
Charge an extortionate amount for a wireless version of pants headphones or maybe go with wireless Beats? Pants headphones and you look like an idiot. Brilliant strategy. I don't see Steve Jobs agreeing to any of this. It will probably work and make them even more money but in the long run this thinking is stupid imo.

Soldato
Oh no, I've been making fun of this whole not being able to charge and use cabled headphones at the same time, but I've just realised that I do this all the time in the car!

Bugger :(

Phil's advice is to spend $50 on a dock...that won't work in the car, I might actually have to get one of those adapters. Or make the plunge to wireless...their plan to move us into the wireless future might actually be working...

IIFIS1y.png

fez

fez

Caporegime
I was going for jet black but I just think it will pick up scratches super easily. I will have it in a case the whole time as well so it won't make much difference.

Soldato
The solution is to buy a dock? Is this 2005? Come on we should be moving to a less accessory reliant state yet Apple seem to be technologically regressing in the name of selling more extras.... Not cool

Soldato
:D

And off I go to browse all the bluetooth headphones I didn't even know existed on Amazon.

Apple really need to sort themselves out - no AirPods at launch and the the portrait depth of field software features aren't ready yet, I think they're slacking and leaving money on the table here.

A good thing for me though, hopefully I can find some significantly cheaper alternatives wireless headphones seeing as the Apple ones aren't out yet!

Soldato

I think that this is the more useful representation:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/263401/global-apple-iphone-sales-since-3rd-quarter-2007/

Frankly the upwards trend on sales would make an investor pretty comfortable with the current Apple business decisions. From my own perspective I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot barge pole as I can't stand the Apple ecosystem... they aren't going away any time soon though.

Back
Top Bottom