Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Still haven't managed to find a definitive answer on this.

And I don't want hearsay or assumption as Apple have done all manner of different permutations over the years - sometimes you've only been able to order for delivery, not store pickup - other times the only way to get it on launch day has been to queue up at the store (iPad Air).

I'm sure it'll become clear at 8.01 tomorrow but I'd rather know ahead of time so I don't waste time faffing about on the website trying to work out if I can collect in store.

Spoken to couple guys on macrumours, looks like it's fine.

Me:
It may have been asked already but can't find an answer to this question.

I want to get the iPhone 7 on the 0% 20 month plan which is only available in store. Does anyone know if you reserve for in store tomorrow?

Ideally I'd log on tomorrow at 08:01, select my model and store and then on Friday 16th go in and pay via the 0% option.

Response:
This is correct. Just reserve tomorrow and you can sort your payment plan on the 16th. Went into MK store today to confirm.

Spoken to couple guys on macrumours, looks like it's fine.

On the flip side, people here at work are saying they are being told by the Reading store and Apple's live chat that the option to reserve for in-store collection won't be available tomorrow, but will some time during next week

On the flip side, people here at work are saying they are being told by the Reading store and Apple's live chat that the option to reserve for in-store collection won't be available tomorrow, but will some time during next week

Typical! It doesn't matter really, since the store stock is different to the online stock so whenever they start store reservations it will be the same for everyone.

Oh for heaven't sake! So, if there's no in-store collection option tomorrow I have to decide whether to just order it for delivery and take my chances or wait until in-store reservations go live and hope I don't miss out on those.

Oh for heaven't sake! So, if there's no in-store collection option tomorrow I have to decide whether to just order it for delivery and take my chances or wait until in-store reservations go live and hope I don't miss out on those.

Every Apple product that I've ever preordered, which must be 12-15, has always arrived on the day of release. Don't worry about that

The 4 blew my mind... I can remember trying to get hold of one of those for so long lol. Looking at one now it looks like a toy phone, I try using my kids 5S' and it feels like my fingers have been inflated so how I used a 4 and then 4S for 2 years is beyond me.

I remember a colleague getting one before me and we were all OMFG look at the screen! No pixels!

Confirmed you can reserve online

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program
screen-shot-2016-09-08-at-17-12-49-png.649155

4/4S was my favourite iPhone as well, but I also do remember shares of Apple falling 19 points after launch of 4S because all the competitors were already serving clownish big screens and Apple decided to stay firm at the same form factor. 4S was the phone I kept the longest. It was perfect until they asked developers to stop updating apps for older OS and forced upgrades. 5 didn't look as nice as 4S for me because of the form factor - longer and narrow - I do appreciate what they were trying to do though - please the idiots chasing screen size while not losing any finger reach productivity. 6/6S was inevitable departure from core values, it's good hardware in bad and cheap design. 6+/6S+ is a clown device. SE was a master move and quite honestly I thought that the 7 would be that old 5/5S/SE design in terms of aesthetics but bigger and 1-2mm thinner. As is - 7 instead is a "we officially run out of ideas and have no clue what to do" step into crazy future of rip off, device leasing or 3-4 year contracts and WTF wants that?

Last edited:
You do realise you get an adapter to use a standard audio jack in the box?

Yeah I do, but for me that's just another thing I can lose.

After sleeping on it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sit this one out. Not enough new features for me to put the money down, and the headphone jack is a big deal for me. Not enough people have moved to wireless for it to be the right thing to do, in my opinion.

Yeah I do, but for me that's just another thing I can lose.

After sleeping on it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sit this one out. Not enough new features for me to put the money down, and the headphone jack is a big deal for me. Not enough people have moved to wireless for it to be the right thing to do, in my opinion.

For me, the new thing that the iPhone 7 have

New design...it looks like the old one and I am not a fan of gloss black. That video was cool for sure but I am not sure I care how they polish it to be shiny.

The Taptastic(?) home button. I only press it to go home, in fact only have the time, I have accessibility turned on so I use the software Home button half the time. (to reduce wear on the button).

Water proof, now this one i like but i've never got water damage in my phones in like 20 years so I don't think I will start now.

Wireless headphones - I can live with bluetooth, once paired, it works just the same.

Stereo speakers - I don't use my speakers, it is on silent 100% of the time.

The Wide Colour Gamut screen, this I would like, but not enough to spend £800 on.

New camera, still can't replace my DSLR and I never think about the camera on phones anyway, to me they are an afterthought compare to what I have.

I think I will skip this one, and even the 8 and see what the 9 brings.

I don't know which one to get. I currently have a 6 64g. I have 41.58g available, no music on my phone currently, I did put a load on once for a long flight.

Also tempted by the Jet Black, which would be getting 128g anyway.

Was up for the 7 Plus 128GB jet black... until I saw the price :'(

Would a US purchased iPhone work in the UK in the exact same way? (in terms of network, AppStore etc)... I'm assuming they would and the only potential issue is repairs?!

I dont know how they can charge almost £1000 for a mobile ! iPhone 32GB is dead like 16 for me and 128GB is £819 0.0. I can buy a computer for that price!

I know what you mean ! Size adds perceived value in most things, TVs, cars, houses etc and it's hard to rationalise something so small costing so much, especially when phones at a fraction of the price do almost everything we need.

I know what you mean ! Size adds perceived value in most things, TVs, cars, houses etc and it's hard to rationalise something so small costing so much, especially when phones at a fraction of the price do almost everything we need.

A £5 Casio tells the time but people will still happily pay thousands for a quality watch.

Back
Top Bottom