Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm currently using an iPhone 5, on which the actual phone doesn't work. I've had 8 months out using Android and I'd so love to be able to justify £819 on a phone, but there's absolutely no way :D if I get a huge promotion at work in the next 3 months or so, I'll treat myself but otherwise, it'll be a second hand 6s+ 128Gb for me. The black 7plus does look amazing but we're looking at almost 4 figures for a phones 4 FIGURES!!!

Soldato
Before I make a purchasing decision, can someone please explain to me the following. Does the dual lenses on the 7 plus, enable the "DSLR-like" bokeh, or will the standard 7 also produce the effect?

Soldato
Before I make a purchasing decision, can someone please explain to me the following. Does the dual lenses on the 7 plus, enable the "DSLR-like" bokeh, or will the standard 7 also produce the effect?

I thought one lense took the foreground and the other took the out of focus background?

Soldato
I detest white fronted iphones, I just think they look cheap, low-tech and a bit girly! If only they made the silver with a black front, that would look ace. It's shame the 7 doesn't look that much different from the 6.

My current 5S 64GB is still going strong but I crave a bigger screen and more storage.

The upgrade program looks interesting as well as expensive:

iphone 7 128GB after 12 months would be £461.40 plus carrier costs.
iphone 7+ 128GB after 12 months would be £533.40 plus carrier costs.

Soldato
Thanks Radeon85 & n11ck

I thought so, and this is what's putting me off. I don't want the size of the 7 plus (always been a small phone fan), or the cost for that matter.

Soldato
One lens is "telephoto" and the other is the standard lens. I'm not sure it is possible for them to work together as the image from telephoto lens will be significantly cropped compared to the other one. The "bokeh" effect comes from the f/value and the size of the sensor. The sensor is always going to be small in a phone which limits the bokeh potential but the f value is also small at 1.8 which will help. It is also 7 blade aperture if I read correctly which is reasonable at producing good bokeh shapes.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Really torn about this. I want to upgrade from my 6 to the 128gb 7+ but £819 is a lot of money. Just looked at the conversion of $ -> £ and the same model in the US is £651.

I guess that is without sales tax though?

Soldato
One lens is "telephoto" and the other is the standard lens. I'm not sure it is possible for them to work together as the image from telephoto lens will be significantly cropped compared to the other one. The "bokeh" effect comes from the f/value and the size of the sensor. The sensor is always going to be small in a phone which limits the bokeh potential but the f value is also small at 1.8 which will help. It is also 7 blade aperture if I read correctly which is reasonable at producing good bokeh shapes.

Just reading the "about the iPhone 7" and "about iPhone 7 plus" sections on apple's website, and their description of the 7 plus has reference to upcoming depth of field, whereas the standard 7 does not mention this.

edit: ps: I understand that a single camera on a phone can produce it on up close shots, but I was more referring to portraits from a way off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys, just for a little bit of perspective.
This 'great deal' doesn't involve any contract or any minutes texts data.

The samsung s7edge is or certainly was available from carphonewarehouse for 36.50 a month, with unlimited texts,minutes and 3gb data in whatever colour you liked.
Apples and oranges and all that, but I suggest folks wait until network providers do their monthly deals before paying considerably more to apple and then have to pay for a contract on top.

Associate
My launch day 6 64GB still does everything I need/want and still looks like it just came out of the box. At the moment I'm thinking I'll just save my money and stick with the 6 for another year

Soldato

Couldn't the background image be cropped and blown up to match the foreground pic given that it's blurred anyway?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Pricing is certainly crazy this year. Macbook Pro tier pricing for a phone. For a device that's two year old design and just lost one of the most important secondary uses by removal of headphone jack.

Yes, defend it, tell me how you're all going to be carrying an adaptor stuck up its *** everywhere you go. Tell me how you can't wait to go for a run and cycle in those iPods, i mean iPads, I mean AirPads, I mean AirPods. Oh Apple and the **** we never asked for. No new nMP and no new MBP. Still no 4k or 5k display for nMP. But a £120 earthingimadgigies to lose on the first run - you bet ya. Crazy. Just crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom