The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Soldato
How many assists did he get last season? You cannot really judge Trent compared to his peers till his careers finished.

Teams adapt and learn how to counter Trent. He will need to adapt his game over time.

What I am trying to say is as teams start to figure out Klopp Trent's output will reduce. This is just normal. Trent's success is not just his talent but also how Klopp plays.

After suffering from covid and having dog awful cbs and mis firing forwards he got 7. I.e more then Walkers last 3 seasons put together.

Edit Dog awful is harsh just not VVD and Gomez / Matip

Don
OP
How many assists did he get last season? You cannot really judge Trent compared to his peers till his careers finished.

Teams adapt and learn how to counter Trent. He will need to adapt his game over time.

What I am trying to say is as teams start to figure out Klopp Trent's output will reduce. This is just normal. Trent's success is not just his talent but also how Klopp plays.
I've compared what he's already done and doing - assisting and influencing games from fullback like we've not before. Whether that changes in future years won't change what he's already done :confused:

Don
OP
No but it will indicate that the style of play is what has given him the huge stats and the impact of that rather than then the player himself.
The same style of play, in terms of attacking freedom for their fullbacks, that pretty much every elite side has used over the past 10-15 years?

Caporegime
Trent signed a new deal today. Alisson, Fab, VVD, Salah and Robertson all likely to follow in the coming weeks/months.
All great news! Some saying Trent only for four years, I'd have liked longer. no doubt a substantial increase in his wage to reflect his importance to the team too

Soldato
Planning on heading up for a friendly on sunday with the kids. Just wondering if anyone has an suggestions for parking, how legit are the drives you can book on the likes of JustPark? as im with kids between 6 and 9, id prefer not too long a walk (15 mins).

Cheers.
Honestly if it’s a one off and it sounds like it is just pay at the car park close to the ground. I have a street I park on but that’s a secret ;)

Don
OP
Planning on heading up for a friendly on sunday with the kids. Just wondering if anyone has an suggestions for parking, how legit are the drives you can book on the likes of JustPark? as im with kids between 6 and 9, id prefer not too long a walk (15 mins).

Cheers.
I've never bothered with any parking apps (not when going to Anfield anyway). There's a little industrial estate on Belmont Road that's used as a car park on match days or the North Liverpool Academy (rear entrance off Breckfield Road) - they're my go two. Teh academy is the better/safer of the two but it's a bigger pain in the backside when it comes to leaving. As long as you're not in a massive rush on the way out then I'd park there if I were you.

Don
OP
Klopp doesn't seem to think it's too bad saying he could even be back before the International break, which would mean just 2 games out. Even if he's back after the International break, it's only 3 games.

Caporegime
Just read about that, makes the Gini and Henderson situations even harder to explain.

Until VVD's played for a decent amount of time we won't know what impact the injury will have had on him, yet he's been given a four year contract?

Don
OP
The guy is a colossus. It might take a few weeks to get up and running but he'll be back to his best and he was so far ahead of every other CB on the planet that even if he only gets back to 80%, he'll still be the best in the world. CB's in general and particularly VVD will find it far easier to play at a high level into their 30's than high energy cm's. Giving Wijnaldum, a player who's whole game is built around his energy and running power in midfield, a contract until he's 35(?) is a whole different ball game to the best CB on the planet that barely breaks out of a jog for 90% of the game.

And Hendo already has a contract until he's 33, just one year younger than this contract takes VVD to. I really do not understand anybody that's getting worked up about Hendo's situation.

Back
Top Bottom