The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Don
OP
Robertson shared a picture of himself back outside running. I'd imagine we won't rush him back for this weekend but it's looking good for the Chelsea game.

Don
OP
Robertson's signed a new 5 year contract today. With Hendo's deal looking imminent it's just Mo and Mane left to tie down to new deals.

Caporegime
Makes me wonder if he’s been pushing for signings along with Klopp and being overruled by FSG and has had enough? I wonder where he will end up? Most clubs would love to have him.

Don
OP
I'm stunned that Mark is disappointed by this news. The man (partly) responsible for us not signing as many players might leave and you're unhappy @Mark1989?

The reports are that the club are still hoping to persuade him to stay but in theory it shouldn't be a massive blow if he were to. He's the guy that oversees it but we have a very detailed process place regarding recruitment, contract renewals etc, with lots of experts working alongside him. It shouldn't fall apart if he were to leave.
Makes me wonder if he’s been pushing for signings along with Klopp and being overruled by FSG and has had enough? I wonder where he will end up? Most clubs would love to have him.
I wondered how long it would take for somebody to come out with one of these mad conspiracy theories. Watch Klopp's pre match press-conference for the Chelsea game. When he was asked about transfers (specifically Wijnaldum replacements), he gave a very detailed answer and made it very clear that he wouldn't sign a player just for the sake of it and if and when the club identify the player they want, they will sign them.

Caporegime
I'm stunned that Mark is disappointed by this news. The man (partly) responsible for us not signing as many players might leave and you're unhappy @Mark1989?

The reports are that the club are still hoping to persuade him to stay but in theory it shouldn't be a massive blow if he were to. He's the guy that oversees it but we have a very detailed process place regarding recruitment, contract renewals etc, with lots of experts working alongside him. It shouldn't fall apart if he were to leave.

I wondered how long it would take for somebody to come out with one of these mad conspiracy theories. Watch Klopp's pre match press-conference for the Chelsea game. When he was asked about transfers (specifically Wijnaldum replacements), he gave a very detailed answer and made it very clear that he wouldn't sign a player just for the sake of it and if and when the club identify the player they want, they will sign them.
Oh I don’t mean just anyone, Klopp identified targets to Edwards who then started making enquiries, we were told the price or conditions and FSG said no way.

Don
OP
Oh I don’t mean just anyone, Klopp identified targets to Edwards who then started making enquiries, we were told the price or conditions and FSG said no way.
I don't believe that process is at all how things work at Liverpool. Edwards has moved into the position he has because he is 100% aligned with the owernships philosophy regarding identifying undervalued (and to be clear, undervalued doesn't mean cheap) players through analytics. He wouldn't negotiate for a player who was overvalued and I'm sure if he (and Klopp of course) identified a player that they believed added to the side then John Henry isn't going to disagree with them.

From day 1 under FSG, we've never worked to set budgets. That's not to say that money is no object but if the club has wanted a player then money has been made available for them however those signings have to fit into the overall approach to transfers and the biggest reason why we've been successful is that we've been very selective over who we sign. The high threshold we have means we don't make huge numbers of signings but when we sign somebody, they're more often than not successful.

Caporegime
So more talk from Pearce that discussions with Edwards are happening and he was apparently on a contract rather than an open ended employment like us common plebs.

Soldato

Cause I believe the lack of actual spends is FSG not Edwards, Edwards is an employee like Klopp he doesn't have direct access to funds, Edwards will have a budget he has to negotiate with that FSG dictate.

Don
OP
Cause I believe the lack of actual spends is FSG not Edwards, Edwards is an employee like Klopp he doesn't have direct access to funds, Edwards will have a budget he has to negotiate with that FSG dictate.
Klopp was lying in his press-conference on Friday then.

Back
Top Bottom