The muslims are at it again

Permabanned
HEADRAT said:
What you mean they don't all want to watch Baseball, eat McDonalds and worship money, damn them all to hell!
:D As you relate to their desire to preserve their culture from outside influences you will no doubt equally respect the desires of people here not to have PC and multicultural nonsense FORCED on them by the Govt.......
I don't want mosques here :) I take it you have no problem with that.... damn them all to hell for not wanting mosques and islamic school uniforms.....

Soldato
VIRII said:
don't want mosques here :) I take it you have no problem with that.... damn them all to hell for not wanting mosques and islamic school uniforms.....

I'm sure there are many Churches and English schools in India, I seem to remember India being part of the British Empire at some point, maybe that may have lead to a little resentment ;)

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don't understand the significance of this. Some muslims burnt some cards in a far away country. What's so Earth-shatteringly terrible about that that it requires a 9 page thread on some forums back in England? :confused:

Permabanned
Raz said:
It wasn't founded to protect your beliefs either :)
How do you know? What ARE my beliefs? Perhaps you can clarify ......... I know my ancestors fought in the civil war and many other wars to protect England and Britain from being overrun by non British people and to stop it from being forced to adopt other ways of life.......

Permabanned
Raz said:
That was a direct insult on Islam, this isn't. Hardly the same thing.
Yes it is. Your beliefs are no more important to a non muslim than theirs are to you. Why should we give a damn what YOU believe? Burning the Union Flag is just as insulting in my book.

Permabanned
HEADRAT said:
I'm sure there are many Churches and English schools in India, I seem to remember India being part of the British Empire at some point, maybe that may have lead to a little resentment ;)

HEADRAT
So what? You speak of respect and principals and align yourself with their desire to protect their culture. So do you suddenly reverse principals when discussing the UK or not?

Permabanned
Inquisitor said:
I really don't understand the significance of this. Some muslims burnt some cards in a far away country. What's so Earth-shatteringly terrible about that that it requires a 9 page thread on some forums back in England? :confused:
In a word: reciprocity

Soldato
VIRII said:
being overrun by non British people

So who do you class as British, the Normans were French, the Anglo Saxans were from Germany, Denmark and northern Holland.. :confused:

How many generations do you have to live here to be classed as British!

VIRII said:
So what? You speak of respect and principals and align yourself with their desire to protect their culture. So do you suddenly reverse principals when discussing the UK or not?

I don't see it as mutually exclusive, you can have a bit of both surely ;) If they can put up with some schools and churches then can't we do the same?

HEADRAT

Permabanned
Inquisitor said:
Read it. If you still can't figure it out then I doubt there is much we can do to explain it.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
VIRII said:
How do you know? What ARE my beliefs? Perhaps you can clarify ......... I know my ancestors fought in the civil war and many other wars to protect England and Britain from being overrun by non British people and to stop it from being forced to adopt other ways of life.......

Sometimes I wonder if you know what your beliefs are :p

funny that...my ancestors fought to protect India from being overrun too. What a coincidence.

We've established that Britain hasn't always existed in this way, and we know that to establish Britain, someone had to impose their way of life onto others.

Let it go. It happened in Pakistan. Forget about it.

Permabanned
HEADRAT said:
So who do you class as British, the Normans were French, the Anglo Saxans were from Germany, Denmark and northern Holland.. :confused:

How many generations do you have to live here to be classed as British!

HEADRAT
They fought for their country and its way of life at the time.
What relevence does your question have to anything whatsoever?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Sleepy said:
So what, in this country I have the right to insult people, groups, organisations and religions.

and your point is? My post was highlighting the fact that there is a difference between the two.

Permabanned
Raz said:
Sometimes I wonder if you know what your beliefs are :p

funny that...my ancestors fought to protect India from being overrun too. What a coincidence.

We've established that Britain hasn't always existed in this way, and we know that to establish Britain, someone had to impose their way of life onto others.

Let it go. It happened in Pakistan. Forget about it.

Why should I let it go? India welcomed the British there to settle individual squabbles between Princedoms. There was no organised India. We did not conquer India as such. Perhaps you need to read up a little.

Britain exists and I happen to like it the way it was, so do many other people. Why should I simply accept change that is unwanted and being forced by violent people? We had a civil war once before, doubtless another is on the way.

Permabanned
HEADRAT said:
So what about the countless Muslims that died fighting for the UK in WWII?

HEADRAT
What about the countless muslims who died fighting against the UK you mean.......
Are you confusing Muslims with indians? Are you thinking the Turks were on our side?

Permabanned
Raz said:
and your point is? My post was highlighting the fact that there is a difference between the two.
The difference is you care about one and not the other.
The difference is purely your perception of what is important and what is not.
One is a card, the other a cartoon, neither are desperately important.
Yet you CHOOSE to give value to one, you choose to feel insulted. It is pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom