The muslims are at it again

Raz

Raz

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
So what about the countless Muslims that died fighting for the UK in WWII?

Bummer, I'm probably not British enough then :(

HEADRAT

They don't count - Bosnian* Muslims fought on the Nazi's side so naturally all Muslims were Nazi lovers. Those fighting with the British really wanted to fight with Hitler's lot.

*I forget which one but you know what I mean..

Permabanned
Raz said:
They don't count - Bosnian* Muslims fought on the Nazi's side so naturally all Muslims were Nazi lovers. Those fighting with the British really wanted to fight with Hitler's lot.

*I forget which one but you know what I mean..

So how many muslims fought for the UK then? 2? 3?

Permabanned
Raz said:
and your point is? My post was highlighting the fact that there is a difference between the two.
And my point is that so what if there is a difference, which I don't completely agree with, in this country my rights to express my self are the same no matter if I offend peoples religious beliefs.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
VIRII said:
The difference is you care about one and not the other.
The difference is purely your perception of what is important and what is not.
One is a card, the other a cartoon, neither are desperately important.
Yet you CHOOSE to give value to one, you choose to feel insulted. It is pathetic.

Me...

It's what it signifies. Are you telling me that if the card was blank you'd still be having a fit?

Soldato
VIRII said:
What about the countless muslims who died fighting against the UK you mean.......
Are you confusing Muslims with indians? Are you thinking the Turks were on our side?

VIRII said:
So how many muslims fought for the UK then? 2? 3?

http://www.answers.com/topic/british-indian-army

On the eve of World War II almost 34,000 Punjabi Muslims were in the army (29 per cent) and during World War-II over 380,000 joined (about 14% of the total). No other class came close to these figures: Sikhs: 116,000, Gurkhas: 109,000, Muslims of other classes from UP, Deccan, Madras, Bengal, NWFP, etc 274,000, were recruited during 1939-1945. Muslims as a whole constituted a quarter of the Indian Army as of 1947 9....

Permabanned
Sleepy said:
Thats a surpisingly ignorant post from you. You might want to withdraw it.
Nope I'll let it stand :) How many fought for the UK
Fighting against Nazi invaders and fighting for the UK are NOT the same thing.

Soldato
VIRII said:
Read it. If you still can't figure it out then I doubt there is much we can do to explain it.
I have; I still can't see why this is actually worth getting wound up over. These muslims don't like Valentine's day, OK, that's up to them. Does it affect us? Nope, not in the slightest.

Btw, I'm talking in particular about the apparent outrage at the fact that these blokes have burnt some Valentine's day cards, and I happen to agree with you that there's no reason anyone should have to respect everyone else's beliefs (although I do believe it's important to respect their right to their beliefs).

I find it quite amusing that these people have chosen to do this while everyone else in the world is generally having a great time, but certainly not outrageous.

Soldato
VIRII said:

HEADRAT said:

On the eve of World War II almost 34,000 Punjabi Muslims were in the army (29 per cent) and during World War-II over 380,000 joined (about 14% of the total). No other class came close to these figures: Sikhs: 116,000, Gurkhas: 109,000, Muslims of other classes from UP, Deccan, Madras, Bengal, NWFP, etc 274,000, were recruited during 1939-1945. Muslims as a whole constituted a quarter of the Indian Army as of 1947 9....

Permabanned
HEADRAT said:

And the relevent figures:
a. Killed - 24,338
b. Wounded - 64,354
c. Missing - 11,754
d. POW - 79,489
---------------
Total: 179,935

Raz

Raz

Soldato
VIRII said:

Especially when there were no 'Nazi invaders' invading India.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
VIRII said:
I don't hate anyone who chooses to fit in and just get along with the way of life in the UK.

But you hate those people burning cards in Pakistan?

How many Muslims here on this board complained? Yet you still find it your duty to insult us as much you can.

well no matter.

I love you :)

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Inquisitor said:
I find it quite amusing that these people have chosen to do this while everyone else in the world is generally having a great time, but certainly not outrageous.

I'm not, my wife-to-be is in Italy :(

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Sleepy said:
And my point is that so what if there is a difference, which I don't completely agree with, in this country my rights to express my self are the same no matter if I offend peoples religious beliefs.

I understand that, but I still don't have any idea why you feel you need to tell me that. The point was that the cartoon was insulting to us - NOT whether it should have been drawn or not.

Permabanned
VIRII said:
Well how many blokes from the Eastend fought for the UK? Probably none, they fought for King and Empire, some cos of a hatred of facism, some cos it was the 'thing to do'

Last edited:
Soldato
VIRII said:
I don't hate anyone who chooses to fit in and just get along with the way of life in the UK.

Yeah but, Valentines day isn't only celebrated in the UK. It's done all over the world. And if Muslims didn't want to get along, do you really think some would change the way they live just to stay in a country?

Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom