The muslims are at it again

Raz

Raz

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
I dont give a fudge about Christianity -we're not talking about a stereotype here - I'm asking why some people on this board consistently disclaim any negative behaviour associated with Islam as being cultural whilst accepting positive behaviours as Islamic

Like I said, attacking Islam is one thing, attacking it's culture based on certain countries is another. I'll defend Islam or at least find out more about what I believe in if I don't know or understand something, but not i.e. Pakistani culture as I personally dislike many aspects of it.

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
Aaaawwww

I hope you got her flowers yesterday. Then sat her down and explained to her that her political leanings are contributing to a general decline in British society, even though she reads the only paper that is a True Bastion of Truth in this media-crazy sensationalist society...

I gave her a card. It said something about her being kind, gentle, caring etc on it and mentioned "cracking boobs". It seemed appropriate so I bought it.

No flowers though. Massively overpriced and money is tight this month as it is the last month of her maternity leave.

She made me some heart shaped chocolates though with the assistance of my 4 year old daughter who helped melt the chocolate and chop up some pistachio nuts to put in the moulds.

Soldato
Raz said:
I see your point, 'Islamic' culture has many bad points, and could learn a lot from Western culture. My point is that we should at least know what is based on Culture and what is based on Religion.

:)

Fine. Make me a list of what are islamic and culture. Also will you acknowledge that the line is blurred?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Fine. Make me a list of what are islamic and culture. Also will you acknowledge that the line is blurred?

Not a problem, when you start answering my questions I'll be happy to make this a 2-way process. :)

Permabanned
Skyfire said:
Maybe she thinks you are too righty? ;) Marrying a lefty is a bit like marrying another culture if I am to read your post correctly, would a true Aryan wife be more to your liking, if so, why not have pushed harder for true happiness in your life? :)

LOL, she does think I am a tad right wing yes....
I prefer brunettes to blondes though.
when you love someone you love them faults and all, you don't *choose* a person to love, you just love them.

Soldato
Raz said:
Not a problem, when you start answering my questions I'll be happy to make this a 2-way process. :)

Sorry what question? Your email? I didnt because i dont have a full english veriosn of the quran. I have what i need but i need to check it against the translated version. Come on now, you dont bring a tank to a nuclear weapon fight club. :)

Raz

Raz

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Sorry what question? Your email? I didnt because i dont have a full english veriosn of the quran. I have what i need but i need to check it against the translated version. Come on now, you dont bring a tank to a nuclear weapon fight club. :)

The ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr my friend. Knowledge is the best weapon.

shame I'm thick :(

Soldato
Raz said:
Like I said, attacking Islam is one thing, attacking it's culture based on certain countries is another. I'll defend Islam or at least find out more about what I believe in if I don't know or understand something, but not i.e. Pakistani culture as I personally dislike many aspects of it.

Islam has indirect responsibility for many cultural aspects - how can a book that expects women to be beaten under certain circumstances and asks for female 'obedience' not spawn sexist culture if believed?

My question was why is Islamic culture disowned for negative things and yet embraced for positive things?
What of boasts of Islamic scholar's advances in medicine and efforts to restore Greek knowledge within the Ottoman empire? Would you laud these efforts as the work of Muslims or would you dismiss them as 'culture' with no association with Islam?

Soldato
Skyfire said:
Don't take this personally, but a sheep born in a barn does not make him a horse. The BNP are pushing for repatriation with financial incentives for people to maintain their ethnic origin. I am sure, you would not like it if a load of white guys moved into your neighbourhood in Nigeria and married an inidigenous local? :) Just an example, so don't take it seriously.

You must be trying hard man. Horse or no monkey...It dosent bother me. I dont have a problem with whatever you and your party are pushing for - free world. Live and let's live. But will they pull it off? Time will tell.

If a white men wanna move into lagos and marry most of the women...does it bother me? No. I have many things to worry about. Please try again. What you gonna come up with next? I cant wait. :) Oh by the way not every one with a british passport or born here married a local.

Soldato
VIRII said:
LOL, she does think I am a tad right wing yes....
I prefer brunettes to blondes though.
when you love someone you love them faults and all, you don't *choose* a person to love, you just love them.

I gave someone flowers this Valentine's day.

I don't regret giving her flowers although it is perhaps time to move on.

Suspended
cleanbluesky said:
Islam has indirect responsibility for many cultural aspects - how can a book that expects women to be beaten under certain circumstances and asks for female 'obedience' not spawn sexist culture if believed?
Has domestic violence by whites on whites ceased in the UK then?

Have all the refuges for battered wives been closed down because they are empty?

Is www.womensaid.org.uk now off-line?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
My question was why is Islamic culture disowned for negative things and yet embraced for positive things?
What of boasts of Islamic scholar's advances in medicine and efforts to restore Greek knowledge within the Ottoman empire? Would you laud these efforts as the work of Muslims or would you dismiss them as 'culture' with no association with Islam?

oh sweet lord.

Because that's how people are? Ever think of that? People here attack the attack the culture by attacking Islam in general, so some people are bound to be defensive.

I see what you're saying, but taking the forced or arranged marriage issue, there is no basis for that. Iran doesn’t do forced or arranged marriages, so it’s not part of the Islamic culture – nor can you say that Hindus, Sikhs etc follow an Islamic culture. One thing of note however, is that in certain countries such as Pakistan/India and Bangladesh (where most of you get your ‘Islamic culture’ from) the culture is a mish-mash of various cultures that came together before the partition.

As previously said, I don’t personally agree with many aspects of what people see as Islamic culture (as part of the religion…) and it could do with an improvement in attitudes etc.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Tell that to the sucide bombers. :)

Either you're messing about or looking for to argue a point that doesn't exist.

In any case, telling suicide bombers that is difficult - you don't get much time.

Back
Top Bottom