The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its a nice idea but Arteta won't be there come the end of the season and the quality simply isn't there for Arsenal to do what hes suggesting.

The PL isn't a place where you can just get a bunch of young players together and hope they win things in a few years. If Arsenal don't get CL football again this season where is the money going to come from? Aubamayang will be gone in a year or so and is erratic at best. Saka will be looking to leave to play at a team that will win trophies or at least compete in the CL.

If Arsenal aren't careful they will just end up being a feeder club for the bigger teams around. You can think more about the future and youth when you have a good foundation. Arsenal don't have one. Look at what United and Liverpool do. They have a first team that is full of quality and then the young players break into that on merit. They aren't expected to swoop in en-masse and suddenly change the clubs fortunes.

Associate
If Arsenal aren't careful they will just end up being a feeder club for the bigger teams around.

You are about 15 years too late for this statement! :cry: When City, Liverpool, Chelsea or United want Saka he will be gone. Hell, he'd probably take Spurs right now. Not that I think Saka is anything like as good as the current hype but still if he proves me wrong he ain't staying at Arsenal. They don't have the money to compete, or at the least the will to spend £200m to have a shot at fourth.

Man of Honour
The PL isn't a place where you can just get a bunch of young players together and hope they win things in a few years. If Arsenal don't get CL football again this season where is the money going to come from? Aubamayang will be gone in a year or so and is erratic at best. Saka will be looking to leave to play at a team that will win trophies or at least compete in the CL.
This was exactly the problem Wenger had when he dismantled the Invicibles (never has a double winning side disappeared so quick, within five years), he was trying to build up a young team and get them more experience to be a successful team but the problem was the better players who were in or approaching their prime didn't want to hang around forever waiting for this. So you have this issue that if it takes too long to get competitive, you don't get competitive, because you best players are no longer there. You can have amazing potential but if you are selling Vieira, selling Henry, selling Cole, ditching Campbell etc then you can't do that until those players have matured, you can't gamble on their potential. Cesc and Nasri for example were 24 years old when they left, Cesc was absolute mint for Arsenal in the late 00s arguably the most creative central midfielder in the league and could have been a real legend but he didn't want to be playing alongside a Denilson or Song, or waiting forever for Diaby to live up to his potential. The years would just tick by and players wonder what they are hanging around for, Wenger's project would just run and run and before they know it they could be in their 30s. RvP was older but a similar situation there, he's been at the club waiting for the youth potential to pay off but then those two players I mentioned who could create a lot for him left so he went to MU in pursuit of a title at a time when he was one of the most prolific forwards in the league.

Soldato
You are about 15 years too late for this statement! :cry: When City, Liverpool, Chelsea or United want Saka he will be gone. Hell, he'd probably take Spurs right now. Not that I think Saka is anything like as good as the current hype but still if he proves me wrong he ain't staying at Arsenal. They don't have the money to compete, or at the least the will to spend £200m to have a shot at fourth.

what a rubbish statement we dont have the money? We spent over 150mill this transfer window more than anyone else

some of signings are questionable but cant say we don't have money.

Soldato
This was exactly the problem Wenger had when he dismantled the Invicibles (never has a double winning side disappeared so quick, within five years), he was trying to build up a young team and get them more experience to be a successful team but the problem was the better players who were in or approaching their prime didn't want to hang around forever waiting for this. So you have this issue that if it takes too long to get competitive, you don't get competitive, because you best players are no longer there. You can have amazing potential but if you are selling Vieira, selling Henry, selling Cole, ditching Campbell etc then you can't do that until those players have matured, you can't gamble on their potential. Cesc and Nasri for example were 24 years old when they left, Cesc was absolute mint for Arsenal in the late 00s arguably the most creative central midfielder in the league and could have been a real legend but he didn't want to be playing alongside a Denilson or Song, or waiting forever for Diaby to live up to his potential. The years would just tick by and players wonder what they are hanging around for, Wenger's project would just run and run and before they know it they could be in their 30s. RvP was older but a similar situation there, he's been at the club waiting for the youth potential to pay off but then those two players I mentioned who could create a lot for him left so he went to MU in pursuit of a title at a time when he was one of the most prolific forwards in the league.
That’s when me and @drunkenmaster basically wanted wenger out. We saw the issues brewing and nothing was done and now its too late

Associate
We spent over 150mill this transfer window more than anyone else.

I said to compete, you don't have the money to compete with the top 4 with any consistency at all. They spend a decent sum to keep you within sight of the top 4 and nothing more. The owners know the amount to make you genuine league contenders isn't worth the effort. That was clear when you happily won the 4th place trophy year after year.

Soldato
I said to compete, you don't have the money to compete with the top 4 with any consistency at all. They spend a decent sum to keep you within sight of the top 4 and nothing more. The owners know the amount to make you genuine league contenders isn't worth the effort. That was clear when you happily won the 4th place trophy year after year.

Ofcourse they have the money. Just look at Liverpool...you spend the money properly and it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom