The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Associate
I am going through a massive dry spell with the whole online dating thing

Split with my ex just before xmas, met someone else middle of jan but that only lasted a month or so, was quite casual and never really had any legs.

i had a couple of weeks off and now ive been back on for a week, ive had a few matches but the only people who actually reply either live miles away, have clearly lied about their pictures once you see a insta or have 4 kids. bad times!

32 and im wondering if ive out grown tinder, seriously thinking of giving match or something a go when i decide i actually want to meet someone properly.

Soldato
I am going through a massive dry spell with the whole online dating thing

Split with my ex just before xmas, met someone else middle of jan but that only lasted a month or so, was quite casual and never really had any legs.

i had a couple of weeks off and now ive been back on for a week, ive had a few matches but the only people who actually reply either live miles away, have clearly lied about their pictures once you see a insta or have 4 kids. bad times!

32 and im wondering if ive out grown tinder, seriously thinking of giving match or something a go when i decide i actually want to meet someone properly.
I feel much better after uninstalling tinder. Was tired of women wasting my time!

Soldato
Bumble is alright as I find the quality of birds to be a lot higher than on Tinder but hit rate is lower as most of the women you match with never both sending you a message!
Have had convos with quite a few but majority never bother messaging!

Man of Honour
Well things seem fine with the 23 year old, video chatted last night for about an hour well past midnight. She's incredibly busy with work and hardly has any time to herself hence slow to reply. Which I kinda knew anyway.

Associate
the post above is genius

so based on my no luck on tinder i got a superlike, she seemed pretty decent and cool, fast forward a hour or two of chatting, 4 kids........................

just my luck lol

Soldato
The date on Wednesday bailed on me (had to change a work shift) but got one lined up with someone else tomorrow lunch time :)

Whoever it was that mentioned not putting all your eggs in one basket, this is 100% correct. I was chatting with someone on Tinder a few months back for ages, all was going well, met her and there was nothing so stopped chatting. Best to get 4 or 5 on the go at once and they at least there's a chance of 1 working out :D

Man of Honour
Heart skipped a beat earlier. I was texting Amy (the 23 year old) and I said something along the lines of 'I've got a bone to pick with you', she replied with 'Oh... what?' and I was like 'no kinky snapchats since Sunday'. She did the launching emoji.

30 minutes later, I see a few messages pop up, saying she has something she needs to admit to me, she should have told me from the get go, especially after lunch at the weekend (where I met her for the first time after a year, kissed etc and said we should see each other again) and how she feels bad for not telling me before.

Now at this point I was like wtf not again, start making alternate plans in my head, Tinder swipe fest tonight etc. So I'm like 'go on'.

She replies 'basically I'm a massive wind up merchant and two can play at that game'.

Cow! :D

tumblr_luyjj3j8ie1qacbzj.gif

Soldato
Whoever it was that mentioned not putting all your eggs in one basket, this is 100% correct. I was chatting with someone on Tinder a few months back for ages, all was going well, met her and there was nothing so stopped chatting. Best to get 4 or 5 on the go at once and they at least there's a chance of 1 working out :D

10000000% this. Dont stop using any of the apps or stop talking to people just because you've got a date lined up, keep queueing them up and queueing them up then you've at least got a choice.

Case and point the date I had the other night went really well (in my mind) but on reflection I don't think it will amount to much really as shes been pretty distant since the date so in the mean time i've got 4-5 others that are on the go sorting dates/times out for dates. The girl who I met with the other night knows where I am if she wants to go out again.

Like you said, the more you've got the more choice you've got and ultimately the chances of something working are greatly increased!

Just waiting to hear back from an Irish lass about meeting up early next week. Its not all bad this Tinder/Bumble larky - its exciting until it actually comes to date night then its bag of nerves followed by excitement again :p

Back
Top Bottom